2nd Procedure - 4000 Grafts with Dr. Koray Erdogan (Total of 9000 grafts)

acegik

Hi Everybody.

I have previously had a 5000 graft hair transplant with Dr. Erdogan 15 months ago, as you can see in this THREAD

I am very satisfied with the results from the 1st transplant, but because of the extent of my hairloss (NW5-6), and further hairloss since the hair transplant 15 months ago, I decided to use the remaining of my donor hair to increase the density overall. I had great donor hair to begin with, around 8000 available grafts before any transplant. But after the first transplant of 5000 grafts, the Doctor said he could extract another 4000 grafts (totalling 9000 grafts), even though I had hoped for another 5000 grafts :rolleyes:

I will update this new thread with the ongoing results of the 2nd hair transplant that I have just received.

Here are my 15th month results after the FIRST operation of 5000 grafts:

Dry hair:

Hairline.jpg.a397ae027233f7cd17d3b95229f62f88.jpg

front.jpg.0ad4c198cabd41d4b3ebacb5c71b3fcd.jpg

5b32e80a2d0db_leftside.jpg.2faba69097636895ab1c0f2b9217da2a.jpg

5b32e80a3aadb_leftside2.jpg.57a5a68da1fe6c645fc643607c7d88ba.jpg

5b32e80a48691_rightside.jpg.12ae9a22415dffbdb2209c05d1c82766.jpg

5b32e80a61728_rightside2.jpg.34bc4099651efad77bdf8880534d1688.jpg

top.jpg.519930d63bde8d6a77f08f5175267ff7.jpg

crown.jpg.33a72c860c0a929a4a714de4e6c25791.jpg

donor.jpg.200fad8c9dc7b9c48587074b1e110d1b.jpg

Edited by acegik

15th month result 1st operation 5000 grafts:

Shaven head:

The small purple dots on my head are leftovers from the pen marker, when they were counting my grafts.

Hairline.jpg.049643ca35a1ac4bbfd4c010e2b305a5.jpg

Front.jpg.97597709ace4095c5e79960990e837b3.jpg

5b32e80be1d7a_Leftside.jpg.81641d7ed27d7945d41a4d74aa4d5f1c.jpg

5b32e80c01953_Rightside.jpg.f9c05d48fb8d8e0fc71d0d0c7d3d6eca.jpg

crown.jpg.692f8d6ae1b449a8487ddda71078776b.jpg

top.jpg.26439e8f8f3cdd1a98efcfc1a23c95bf.jpg

donor.jpg.2ab6cc4dd4710c572bc07ab544bb99fa.jpg

5b32e80c4852a_donorleft.jpg.c268c9e833b06566e10834a5aae3fe35.jpg

5b32e80c5c188_donorright.jpg.b67d364ee8522754bab98a68a6929262.jpg

Edited by acegik

So you went for it! Well congrats anyway. Can't wait to see your pics. So that is it then? No more donor left?

So you went for it! Well congrats anyway. Can't wait to see your pics. So that is it then? No more donor left?

Yes i did, Im a man of my words :D. I can't wait either, but unfortunately atleast another 9-10 months before I can see the real result :(

Naaah I dont care about the donor, rather hair on top than on the back. As long as the donor is not see-through when the hairs are +2cm long, I dont really care about it.

I would say if I were to really really push it, I could maybe take another 500-1000 grafts from my head donor, and probably around 1000 beard grafts, so around 1500-2000 extra grafts in case I need it for the crown in the future.

Also switching to dutasteride soon, finasteride is not working so good for me.

Edited by acegik

Yes i did, Im a man of my words :D. I can't wait either, but unfortunately atleast another 9-10 months before I can see the real result :(

Naaah I dont care about the donor, rather hair on top than on the back. As long as the donor is not see-through when the hairs are +2cm long, I dont really care about it.

I would say if I were to really really push it, I could maybe take another 500-1000 grafts from my head donor, and probably around 1000 beard grafts, so around 1500-2000 extra grafts in case I need it for the crown in the future.

Also switching to dutasteride soon, finasteride is not working so good for me.

Good luck to you my friend. I am concerned whether any shock loss could be permanent. As you had an great deal of hair before your first transplant anyway.

I know what you mean; I usually get a grade 1 hair cut and my scars are hardly seen. But any shorter, the scarring is partially visible.

I would not jump on dut. Studies have shown there is not much difference between fin and dut. There are more risks and side effects regarding dut than fin. The creators of propecia actually tested their own verison of dut in a clinical trial but stopped it as they found no additional/ better benefit than using dut from fin.

I hope you have an great result! Your in good hands

Good luck to you my friend. I am concerned whether any shock loss could be permanent. As you had an great deal of hair before your first transplant anyway.

I know what you mean; I usually get a grade 1 hair cut and my scars are hardly seen. But any shorter, the scarring is partially visible.

I would not jump on dut. Studies have shown there is not much difference between fin and dut. There are more risks and side effects regarding dut than fin. The creators of propecia actually tested their own verison of dut in a clinical trial but stopped it as they found no additional/ better benefit than using dut from fin.

I hope you have an great result! Your in good hands

It is hard to tell if it was permanent shockloss or just continued hairloss, because I am still loosing a lot of hair every day even on propecia. My pre op photos from before any transplant actually make my hair look better than it was. All the hair on top was miniaturized, and didn't give good coverage. But yes i agree that a lot of it has been lost since the transplant.

Thank you, I hope so indeed as it is my last chance at improving my hair :D

This might be a record number of FUE's taken. It looks like he went out of the donor zone. He must have thought that you back wouldn't drop like with some people. I would imagine that this would sort you out and eliminate the see thoroughness. Good luck!

Bonus is you look really really good with a shaved head. WOW !!

I was going to say the same thing! If you ever felt like it, SMP along with the transplants would look excellent on you (it looks excellent even after the first transplant).

Looks like a great procedure, so I'm sure it'll grow out nicely and look great.

Hey acegik, I had a little more than 5000 grafts with Dr. Erdogan last March and have about as many remaining grafts as you. I was planning on going back for another round. Was there any difference in the second procedure that you could tell? Thanks for your help. Looking forward to your progress!

Thank you acegik for the wonderful pics. You should get a stellar result, but your pics show that FUE does indeed leave scarring. A nice, honest assessment showing that there are limitations regardless of extraction method. As a potential candidate this helps tremendously.

Hey acegik, I had a little more than 5000 grafts with Dr. Erdogan last March and have about as many remaining grafts as you. I was planning on going back for another round. Was there any difference in the second procedure that you could tell? Thanks for your help. Looking forward to your progress!

No difference really, only that I this time knew how the procedure was, so everything was not "new" to me. The staff was super friendly and professional as always, and everything was exactly the same as last time.

Thank you acegik for the wonderful pics. You should get a stellar result, but your pics show that FUE does indeed leave scarring. A nice, honest assessment showing that there are limitations regardless of extraction method. As a potential candidate this helps tremendously.

Thank you, I hope so. Of course you can see some white dots when the head is shaven almost to the bone, but if the hair just has a little length to it, it covers it up perfectly and is not noticeable. You can check my other thread here, where it shows my donor looks very full when the hair is around 1 cm long. But again, I had a thick donor to begin with... I am also nervous to find out how it will look now after 9000 grafts :P

Thank you, I hope so. Of course you can see some white dots when the head is shaven almost to the bone, but if the hair just has a little length to it, it covers it up perfectly and is not noticeable. You can check my other thread here, where it shows my donor looks very full when the hair is around 1 cm long. But again, I had a thick donor to begin with... I am also nervous to find out how it will look now after 9000 grafts :P

What are the back and sides cut prior to Op 2 in your pic? If you are happy to grow sides to 1Cm, what made you disregard FUT if you don't mind me asking?

I saw acegik when he came in into the office and i must say, hair already looked great from the first procedure, I'd say it looks better in person than in pics. Can't wait to see what it looks like in 10 months or so.

What are the back and sides cut prior to Op 2 in your pic? If you are happy to grow sides to 1Cm, what made you disregard FUT if you don't mind me asking?

No idea, but they were pretty short. It was a fade, so longer hair in the high parts with decreasing length the lower you go.

Never wanted FUT no matter what, you never know if you wanna have a buzz cut in the future, and 2-3 long and big scars in the back of my head is not gonna look good and would scream HT. Homogenous thin hair allover the back and sides from FUE can easily blend in when the hair just has a little length to it, and just look like a normal person who has natural thin hair.

I saw acegik when he came in into the office and i must say, hair already looked great from the first procedure, I'd say it looks better in person than in pics. Can't wait to see what it looks like in 10 months or so.

Thank you :). But hair greed always wins, especially when you are too young to have thin hair :D. Good luck to you also!

• 3 months later...