Dr. Bhatti- 2654 FUE grafts for traction alopecia Patient

Patient: 26 year old

Suffering from traction alopecia

2654 grafts were transplanted by Dr. Bhatti.

HT technique used: FUE

The "after" pictures are from 1 year post op.

Here is link to the video for this Patient case:

Best regards,

California

Preop_1.jpg.46d3a0e9108fdf89adadb023018f0274.jpg

Preop_2.jpg.fa65e5e2db14fef310b17c1d4c8966b8.jpg

Preop_3.jpg.b4e2d6901c202ee28b353a24f2d2b6c8.jpg

Preop_4.jpg.95e184efc0f311293f966776c4d692a6.jpg

Postop_1.jpg.22a6b1faa140cd751f25c589dafd3a46.jpg

Postop_2.jpg.78941145cb6bbf702e7783b7139b5abb.jpg

Postop_3.jpg.6498091083c9c13baa2826f23cef5e61.jpg

Postop_4.jpg.0fc3ea501e9650d0c4612c78bc13a75b.jpg

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Doctor, you lower d the hairline by planting 2654 grafts on thus mans head. This was meticulously placed in the recipientt zone. There are docs that claim they lower and close temporal areas when instead they may work in native hair zones when they shave a patients head. In this case, you proved you could achieve high yield esp lowering hairline and successfully framing the face. I believe it is your actual FUE surgical protocol that leads to such results. Even some known docs acrosss various forums can't pull such a FUE result off. This may be as some may use techs or use devices, or perform large one day megasessions without timely graft placements, and have newbies possibly work, amongts many factors. These results make a lot of folks who have had more grafts in less bald zones question their own Restoration results regardless if yhey got it FUT or FUE.

Outstanding work and keep up the great work and great rates. You are going to be booked for years if you keep your protocol as it is.

This is an impressive case! I know Dr. Bhatti sees a lot of Sikh patients for traction alopecia. Do you know what percentage of these young men experience hair loss from wearing the turban and is there anything they can do differently to assure that it doesn't happen again?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...
This is an impressive case! I know Dr. Bhatti sees a lot of Sikh patients for traction alopecia. Do you know what percentage of these young men experience hair loss from wearing the turban and is there anything they can do differently to assure that it doesn't happen again?

Thank you David, Sean, Lileli, Td06, Voxman and hairshopeing!

Sikh pattern traction alopecia results due to a tightly tied top knot/ man bun and not diue to a turban as commonly interpreted.

Since our clinic is located in the Indian Punjab, we get the largest number of Sikh pattern traction alopecia clients anywhere in the world. However I know Canadian doctors like Dr Rahal and Dr Wong and doctors in the California belt where the Sikh population is large also get a significant number of clients and have good experience treating this entity.

David, I see that almost 80% Sikhs who have tied the top knot have varying degrees of Sikh pattern traction alopecia resulting in a broken hairline for which they seek hair transplant.

Dr. Bhatti,

Very impressive result!

How can you tell this is traction alopecia and not genetic recession? I wear a pony tail, and have wondered if it could have been the cause of my past hair loss - or possibly future hair loss.

Thanks for the compliments, harryforreal.

The distinguishing factors of traction alopecia commonly seen in the Sikh population are as under-

1. Alopecia occurs at a much earlier age- even 12 years.

2. Alopecia is ore on one side than on the other since when the bun is tied, one side gets maximum stretch like the ropes of a tent.

3. There is no thinning of adjacent hairs

4. There is a clear cut defined line

5. The aloecia if severe is also seen behind the ears which does not happen in genetic baldness.

Merely tying a ponytail will not cause traction alopecia. It has to be tied real tight! A tight knot of the threads of a bandana make matters even worse.

Please see pictures attached. A ponytail as in the picture if tied loose is safe.

More videos can be seen at-

sikh-boy-blue-LoRes-2.jpg.f47ecb07d61ed48e0ff2a3ca2f7e5797.jpg

25_Sikh_Martial_Tradition.jpg.d67b9eba2e2bc5e37bff6d7e5cfbab28.jpg

images.jpg.35b98051218c34dcef49175feef7ea23.jpg

Dr Bhatti a couple of surgeons before (Dr Armani and I think Dr Feller) have claimed that clippers can cause traction alopecia by pulling on the grafts. What is your take on this and what are your instructions to your patients about shaving the recipient area post op?

• 3 years later...
On 10/5/2015 at 6:22 PM, FUE2014 said:

Dr Bhatti a couple of surgeons before (Dr Armani and I think Dr Feller) have claimed that clippers can cause traction alopecia by pulling on the grafts. What is your take on this and what are your instructions to your patients about shaving the recipient area post op?

Sorry for missing this one out!

Yes, any form of sustained pull/traction can cause traction alopecia. The commonest examples are Sikhs who tie a tight top bun and African ladies who tight braid their hair.

Thanks for the query and apologies for the inordinate delay.