Dr. Diep FUE Hair Transplant over 2,000 grafts Norwood 3

• Administrators

I'm so anxious for my result, why I chose Dr. Diep for my hairline.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I like Dr. Diep's work right here because I have the same hair loss type as this patient, and not only that I like how Diep planted the hair growing at a right angle because that's how mine naturally grew out. Only a matter of time before I can save up enough funds to get it done.

• 3 weeks later...
You've asked essentially the same question in your very few posts. How about you contact the clinic directly? It's not going to get better until you decide to move forward.

What an insulting reply. And I am insulted by your response as should this entire forum.. because . . . Why have this forum then?!

I am asking for price, results and overall experiences of patients who have had these procedures which I thought was the purpose of this forum...

If it was all about "just go call the clinic" without knowledge, I may be ripped off and/or unhappy with the results. Every single doctor worth their salt has a god complex who feels they are are underpaid and under appreciated, as they should as I want that kind of confidence in a doctor, but that should be tempered with patients sharing their experiences with that doctor which I thought was the purpose of this forum.

Am I mistaken as to one of the purposes of this forum?!

Let me know.

• Administrators
What an insulting reply. And I am insulted by your response as should this entire forum.. because . . . Why have this forum then?!

I am asking for price, results and overall experiences of patients who have had these procedures which I thought was the purpose of this forum...

If it was all about "just go call the clinic" without knowledge, I may be ripped off and/or unhappy with the results. Every single doctor worth their salt has a god complex who feels they are are underpaid and under appreciated, as they should as I want that kind of confidence in a doctor, but that should be tempered with patients sharing their experiences with that doctor which I thought was the purpose of this forum.

Am I mistaken as to one of the purposes of this forum?!

Let me know.

I want to be respectful, but there are many variables when it comes to what people pay for their restoration, doctors will analyze your hairloss and give you a graft amount they feel would give you a good result and depending on your hairloss you may have to go in for additional procedures, it's never good to say " he paid ___amount of money so I'll pay the same" it doesn't work that way, a lot of doctors prove their session based on your specific goals and hair loss. I am tell you Dr. Diep is not cheap especially for FUE. The best thing you can do is submit an online consultation, then speak with the physician about pricing, if you're looking for affordable doctors you may want to consider physicians in turkey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

"How much?"

That's all you said. Let's not pretend otherwise and try to hit the rewind button.

Exactly.

The guy showed pictures, etc. . .missing information for me, was PRICE. .. ok? And for whatever reason, he is not answering it. . .

What are your results, how many grafts, and how much?

I want to be respectful, but there are many variables when it comes to what people pay for their restoration, doctors will analyze your hairloss and give you a graft amount they feel would give you a good result and depending on your hairloss you may have to go in for additional procedures, it's never good to say " he paid ___amount of money so I'll pay the same" it doesn't work that way, a lot of doctors prove their session based on your specific goals and hair loss. I am tell you Dr. Diep is not cheap especially for FUE. The best thing you can do is submit an online consultation, then speak with the physician about pricing, if you're looking for affordable doctors you may want to consider physicians in turkey.

From what you know, how much does Diep typically charge per graft? I know there are variables, so I am looking at a price range. From doing some research, I figure in the 4-5 dollar range per graft is fair. I can definitely afford more than that but my thing is, I want a doctor who is in the field is looking to help others then make money. Not make money first and help others second.

I saw Dr. Vories website, and he is high on my list from what I have seen. The only obstacle is distant. Dr. Diep seems to have great results as well and if his pricing is on par with Dr. Vories, I will go to him because of geography as he is much closer.

I am not going to be deterred asking about price. Price is a factor as indicated by how many people are willing to travel thousands of miles to get surgery done. I met a gal once who traveled to Brazil for gastric bypass. I worked in Costa Rica and Americans would travel there for dental procedures.

However, if asking about price is taboo. . . or people are embarrassed or whatever to share that information, let me know. I am NOT a mind reader and cannot tell if someone read my post or not in regards to me asking about price. Simply reply, "I am not comfortable answering that."

If I may suggest, this forum perhaps should have a price range section for doctors they recommend per FUE, FUT, etc. . .

• Administrators
From what you know, how much does Diep typically charge per graft? I know there are variables, so I am looking at a price range. From doing some research, I figure in the 4-5 dollar range per graft is fair. I can definitely afford more than that but my thing is, I want a doctor who is in the field is looking to help others then make money. Not make money first and help others second.

I saw Dr. Vories website, and he is high on my list from what I have seen. The only obstacle is distant. Dr. Diep seems to have great results as well and if his pricing is on par with Dr. Vories, I will go to him because of geography as he is much closer.

I am not going to be deterred asking about price. Price is a factor as indicated by how many people are willing to travel thousands of miles to get surgery done. I met a gal once who traveled to Brazil for gastric bypass. I worked in Costa Rica and Americans would travel there for dental procedures.

However, if asking about price is taboo. . . or people are embarrassed or whatever to share that information, let me know. I am NOT a mind reader and cannot tell if someone read my post or not in regards to me asking about price. Simply reply, "I am not comfortable answering that."

If I may suggest, this forum perhaps should have a price range section for doctors they recommend per FUE, FUT, etc. . .

Dr. Diep is within the $7-8 range, it may be lower if you need a lot of grafts and choose FUT. But he's definitely a business man, he's not performing surgeries out of the goodness of his heart, but his results are really good and that's what matters, like others have said get a consult online it's free, that's the only way you'll know how much it's gonna cost you.

View my thread

Thank you both.

Quite frankly, 7 - 8? Too much. Especially when whomever I mention wanting to do this too, they say, "You already have hair!" Even when I had 1000 grafts long time ago via Bosley their staff were asking me "why?" What can I say, those commercials got to me.

Part of me feels like an idiot ever having done it. Especially when I see some surgeons doing these hair procedures are bald themselves!

All that said, the way I look at it though, I much rather have a nicer head of hair than have a luxury car.

From my research and experiences, FUE is the way to go but he charges at least double from what another charges?! I could fly first class, hotel room etc and still have money left over going elsewhere.

Thanks for the information. I really do appreciate it. Knowledge is power and now have enough to decide which way to go.

Thanks again!

• 5 months later...

Dr. Diep is well regarded on this forum and deservedly so, so this post is not meant to criticize his work but simply to ask for input.

When looking at photos # 9 (pre-op, from above) and # 10 (post-op, from above), it's clear that the transplanted hairs, even after 1 year of growth, are much darker than the native hairs.

There is a clear color difference at the border of the transplanted hairs in the front to the native hairs of the crown.

Do others think the transplanted hairs have changed after being harvested and then implanted? Or were they darker to begin with?

I tried to start a new thread on this, but I can never figure out how to start a new thread :P