Revivogen formula update

James32

Hi guys,

I've just received my new 3 month supply of Revivogen (re-branded Revivogen MD). I wanted to give Revivogen another shot - I've tried propecia but the side effects were too much for me. Anyway, I had a look at the ingredients list on the box and they have removed azelaic acid, octyl gallate, dodecyl gallate and vitamin B6. All it really contains now is the fatty acids, the saw palmetto and the caffeine and I feel like I've been totally ripped off! I know there was no substantial evidence supporting these ingredients, but they at least showed promise as 5a reductase inhibitors in vitro. Just seems odd! I get the feeling that Revivogen has been pretty much dismissed as a snake oil these days - anyone else still using this stuff and noticed the formula change? I've emailed Revivogen, waiting for a reply, which I will happily post if anyone's interested.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 year later...

Good question. Been hearing some buzz about this on the internet but a quick search doesn't reveal much other than that a company call Perfect Image Solutions had to pull several products containing azelaic acid due to FDA warnings. Apparently this was due to the 15% and 10% concentrations of Mionoxidil however. Also note some buzz that Lipogaine have removed azelaic acid as well.