Dr Rahal

I'm four years post op. I'm guilty of having going out and enjoying my life after my results with Dr. Rahal.

Just wondering if he still producing the same excellent results as popular as he ever was

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I would say the cheaper Turkish and Indian doctors doing exclusively FUE have become more popular on this forum now

However the results achieved by ordinary Joes who used post their FUT results here from Rahal were way better than anything I'm seeing from these FUE clinics right now

Your own result turned out fantastic, great that you were off enjoying life with your new hair :)

I figured he was still the man! I was the only procedure of the day. Smaller cases he would do two a day sometimes. If I had to go back and do it all over, I'd still pick him. Especially with my huge FUT case! Thanks for your kind words about my results! Good luck on your decision.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I figured he was still the man! I was the only procedure of the day. Smaller cases he would do two a day sometimes. If I had to go back and do it all over, I'd still pick him. Especially with my huge FUT case! Thanks for your kind words about my results! Good luck on your decision.

Yup, apparently he is performing two procedures a day now, and there have been rumblings that he has taken on too much, but the clinic did come on this site to clarify and answer those rumurs. I think it is further compunded by the fact that you are seeing less results being posted these days because of the reasons by Yonex and the Ottawa law regarding self-advertizing, but the ones that are being posted have been killer, so I highly doubt the quality of his work has dropped, and haven't seen any evidence that they have. His hairlines are absolutely killer too. I'm a fan.

Yup, apparently he is performing two procedures a day now, and there have been rumblings that he has taken on too much, but the clinic did come on this site to clarify and answer those rumurs. I think it is further compunded by the fact that you are seeing less results being posted these days because of the reasons by Yonex and the Ottawa law regarding self-advertizing, but the ones that are being posted have been killer, so I highly doubt the quality of his work has dropped, and haven't seen any evidence that they have. His hairlines are absolutely killer too. I'm a fan.

I would love for someone to post the thread link where his clinic explained 2 procedures per day( I was in his chair from 6 AM till 6 PM ) for my FUT. I have no idea how he could to two a day.

However I'm not doubting him, his techs are very skilled and really after he harvest the grafts and makes the incisions he's basically done. That really doesn't take that long for the doctor. I still would like a full day just dedicated to me, especially if I were spending 15k. But I'm sure he has his reasons.

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I would love for someone to post the thread link where his clinic explained 2 procedures per day( I was in his chair from 6 AM till 6 PM ) for my FUT. I have no idea how he could to two a day.

However I'm not doubting him, his techs are very skilled and really after he harvest the grafts and makes the incisions he's basically done. That really doesn't take that long for the doctor. I still would like a full day just dedicated to me, especially if I were spending 15k. But I'm sure he has his reasons.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174034-procedure-booked-w-dr-rahal-second-transplant-post2419326.html#post2419326

My understanding is that Dr Konior and Dr Ron Shapiro only perform 1 procedure a day. I guess its just a good business decision for Dr Rahal, especially if he can do multiple in a day whithout impacting quality.

• 1 month later...
THis forum does not permit bad review with no pictures. So I'm just saying you might want to consider other doctors.

Why? without providing a picture enquiring minds would like to know what your bad expeience was?

Why? without providing a picture enquiring minds would like to know what your bad expeience was?

I have no evidence of fall off or impact in doing 2 procedures per day, but can say in my total of 15 consult recently, this topic on Rahal came up, unassisted, in multiple convos. Again, just confirming the theme, no idea if true or results have changed.

• 3 weeks later...
THis forum does not permit bad review with no pictures. So I'm just saying you might want to consider other doctors.

Might just as well say nothing as say this. Having looked through the locally hosted hair restoration websites (and these only represent a fraction of the results posted online, I'm sure) there are definitely some distinctly underwhelming Rahal results, to be fair though, that's true of pretty much every doctor. None of them are batting 1.000.

There are routinely (what i would deem) average results posted in the results from leading clinics section. Unless you experienced some sort of terrible protocol occurring or were horribly mistreated by the clinic after a poor result, I'm not really sure why you'd insinuate that a poor result in isolation would somehow mark Rahal out as a bad choice. This is not said in defence of Rahal because frankly that's none of my business but I'd be very curious to know what you experienced that was so bad. A result that didn't match your expectations or was poor (as you seem to be implying) isn't necessarily all that damning in my eyes.

Edited by thatoldchestnut

Might just as well say nothing as say this. Having looked through the locally hosted hair restoration websites (and these only represent a fraction of the results posted online, I'm sure) and there are definitely some distinctly underwhelming Rahal results, to be fair though, that's true of pretty much every doctor. None of them are batting 1.000.

There are routinely (what i would deem) average results posted in the results from leading clinics section. Unless you experienced some sort of terrible protocol occurring or were horribly mistreated by the clinic after a poor result, I'm not really sure why you'd insinuate that a poor result in isolation would somehow mark Rahal out as a bad choice. This is not said in defence of Rahal because frankly that's none of my business but; I'd be very curious to know what you experienced that was so bad. A result that didn't match your expectations or was poor (as you seem to be implying) isn't necessarily all that damning in my eyes.

I think that's a really fair assessment. Surgeons are up against a patient's physiology; some patients get great yields, and some don't. There are scalps that even the best surgeons couldn't transplant a great-looking result into. I think the thing that counts the most is the CONSISTENCY and average result over time. All things being equal, are a surgeon's results mediocre more often than not? Do they consistently produce "home run" results? I think in those regards, Rahal is among the best. He routinely produces knockout results, his average work is very strong, and his misses are relatively few--and are very, very rarely egregious. I'm biased, of course, given that I entrusted him with my scalp, but I'm not even three weeks out from my procedure, so I don't know whether I'm happy yet or not. :)