Post hair transplant paranoid and depress

Hi guys

I m new here 31 norwood 5 with above average donor area bald front scalp and so thinning in vertix and crown, recently i had a hair transplant with well known clinic and famous ISHRS surgent with 20 years experience in FUE and hairline design. In my session he could use 3650 graft to cover the front head using a new method they call it in the clinic StemCell FUE (i think it is same directed automated FUE) using blades between 0.9 to 0.5

Now i m in my 18th day and so depress, actually after i made the procedure and during recovery and healing time, i start read extensively on the hair transplant, and each time i read a story on the internet i found myself i made a follish decison and i ruin my life because this decision and i cannot back normal again. I found many things that i wish if i had pay attention to them before the procedure then maybe i would not take the risk. I only checked before and after pictures and being surprised with remarkable results that the hair transplant can do, really it is media effect. I ignored the details and real stories

When i looked for clinic i did not want to go cheap and save money but also i look only for a name and some recommendation from people, cv's and experience of the Surgent, i think i should have made more research about hair transplant

I want to share with you the points that are make me so depress, paranoid and skpectical. i cannot think straight anymore

- When i disucss the procedure i only discussed it with the clinic representitvie and she explained everything verywell but because of heavy demand i could not see the doctor till the time of procedure. Now after reading i know this is not the practical way to do it and there should be a master plan with doctor first. This is make me nervous because i did not do it

- Each time i read a story i found complications, and the hair transplant it is still not succefull and if it gives a good look in first year it will not after many years and the hair will thin and look fake and ugly. I put myself under the surgent mercy and what he did to me which something out of my control

- Even if the transplant area would not be thin in the future, I forgot totally the issue of hair loss progression (maybe because i already lost much hair) and now i feel my self like i will be a slave to my progressive baldness. medication and many procedures in the future as the transplant hair will not fall.

- i m afraid that i already used so much grafts in first scalp 3650 grafts and i used some of them for hairline density. I did not think about capacity of donor area to cover the rest in the future and i hope the surgent took this issue in consideration when he design the hairline.

- how my baldness pattern will continue it will make me norwood 7 with my front transplant hair ? if i decide to have another procedure in the future what will be the situation of donor area, can i use around 2000 to cover the vertex and a little on the crown?

- if i decide in future to stop and not continue in any hair transplant and i want to shave what i will see, will i see scarrs and white dots in my donor area (when i made my decison for procedure i asked about this point and they told me no more scarrs with the advance fue methds), will i see pumps, points redness in my receipient area, so that means the shave is not an option in the future also

After thinking about all of that for 15 days, i concluded going bald is much better than expose my self to all of those variables and headeachs whether now or in future. Just accept the mother nature it would be easier.

i wish if i shaved all my head before surgery and accept the appearance of Walter White all i hope is just look normal now.

Can someone help me here with some ideas and experience because i m thinking too much now ?

Hi mate

Don't stress out! Everyone has a bit of buyers remorse afterwards if you chose well and grow well all will be fine! ! If you do progress and decide to tap out and shave down you will at least have a framed face with your transplanted hairline! I shave mine down to a 2 guard and all looks natural and if I grow it all looks good! The donor also looks fine at a 1 grade no issues!! Just try and relax, as long as the grafts were taken from the universal safe zine they should last a lifetime!

All I can say is at nine months after my FUT is I wish I had done it earlier. I am very happy with the results. I think a positive attitude is important in your results also. Remember forums will have a lot more negatives because people want answers why things are not going to expectations. If hair transplants were mostly failures, and not what most feel are decent results..... Nobody would do it. Best to follow others that post from the start to end. Not just a end shot/picture.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

I honestly think you might be overthinking everything. Time will be the big factor in deciding if you are happy with your results. Give it a little more time before you decide if the transplant was worth it for you.

• 4 months later...

At this point, trust in your decision. Worrying won't help you in any way. The chances of some additional hair loss should definitely be addressed in your treatment plan. It may take a couple of months for the pinkness to fade. FUE usually doesn't cause highly visible scarring after the scalp heals. Stick to the post-op instructions and keep a positive mindset.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 months later...

You are only on the 18th day post op

do yourself a big favor stay off the net because otherwise it will make you insane & more paranoid & stressed & that wont do you any good.

Try to stay positive go tk the gym on doctors orders that is, take your mind off it now, work on your mind & body right now

In my experience having hair again has not changed anything i thought all the sadness and depression would go away if i just had my hair back well now i have my hair back and im still sad and depressed,

After 9 months, i want to remove it

It is totally smashed my confidence and i cannot live properly with this fake hair on my scalp

I m totally shamed and embarrased about my stupidity to believe the hair transplant work

I lost my spontaneous, and my smile, i lost interest in everything in life, i cannot feel and sense anything now,

I feel i was fooled by commercial clinic, they did not tell me the truth , they just talk about results and mislead my thinking by claiming they have the best technique in the world

Nobody told me it is one way ticket and no return, nobody told me you have to sacrifice your skin to have hair instead they said it is so small injections plike needle 0.6 mm and it will not leave a trace and you can shave your hair in the future

And as a fool i believed them

One day has totally changed my life, i hate myself so much

Edited by Sam23

I'm not surprised that you are feeling this way 18 days after your procedure. For what it's worth I know I felt very similarly after my first couple of hair transplants the first couple of months after the procedure. The reality is, most people look a lot worse before they look a lot better. That was true for me and I felt miserable thinking that I spent a whole ton of money to make myself look worse than I did prior to surgery. But, many years and for hair transplants later, I feel so much better about the way I look and most people think I have a full head of hair with only mild thinning in the back. Without these procedures, I would be completely bald on top and still be wearing a hat every day everywhere I go.

That said, try to trust your decision and waited out as best as you can. Try to be optimistic and trust the process.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi guys,

I have recently seen some amazing results with Dr Pradeep Sethi at eugenix hair transplant India. This is following a post by harin on this site, however I am dubious of his results and videos. This is because no one else shows similar density with the same number grafts. Hope I am wrong, I need some advise from others who had TH with this centre. If his patients and results are genuine, he must be considered for approval by this forum.

Sorry, if I sound negative here.

sultsay

Hi guys,

I have recently seen some amazing results with Dr Pradeep Sethi at eugenix hair transplant India. This is following a post by harin on this site, however I am dubious of his results and videos. This is because no one else shows similar density with the same number grafts. Hope I am wrong, I need some advise from others who had TH with this centre. If his patients and results are genuine, he must be considered for approval by this forum.

Worry, if I sound negative here.

You need to create your own new post to get the best reply

• 4 weeks later...
No i m not 3 week post op,

I m almost 9 months post op, and i forgot the gym as i always not feel normal anymore ont scalp so the sweat make it worse

Listen, Sam. You're being too hard on yourself. You can't do this to yourself buddy. You made a perfectly reasonable decision which has pros and cons. And you're focusing on the cons.

Look, here's your worst-case scenario: The hair transplant looks like crap, and you can't stand your hair. There are still good options. There always are.

There are wigs you can get which blend in with your existing hair and you can slowly add more of your own hair to them. To the outside eye people won't really notice anything. Even on close inspection they look totally natural. Wigs these days are very good. You can do anything with them, exercise, sweat, pull on them and they won't come off.

Personally, this is my back-up plan. I recently had a HT and if I go to norwood 7 I will do this. The reason I do HT because I want to see if it works.

However, I take propecia and that is keeping my hairline in place. If you try the big 3, finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole, there is a good chance you can keep what you have and prevent going to norwood 7.

Don't forget the gym and exercise these will help with your feelings. At 9 months post-op of course you can sweat. What do you mean it doesn't feel normal?

Do you have any photos you'd like to share?

• 1 month later...

Sam I am 3 weeks post-op myself....and yes the "ugly duckling" phase is always a challenge....but I predict in several months you will look back and be very happy you had your transplant. These first few months a patient must just march thru and realize the "pain" will be worth the "gain". Trust me I would not have had another recent surgery if that were not true. Yes hair-loss will continue, but you can greatly slow that process by taking Finasteride. Yes you have to stay on Finasteride, but that is true of a lot of life changing drugs and it is even true with exercise and diet. If a patient stops taking high blood pressure medicine or stops exercising a patient's condition returns to the earlier state....finasteride is no different. And most drugs have some side effects for a certain amount of patients...again Propecia is no different. Plus at your relatively young age, I predict the industry will have new discoveries and be able to do things like clone follicles so donor counts will not be the issue they are today. Hang tough and know with each passing day you are closer to that "finish line" of looking in the mirror and knowing you have a much better look.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.