1036 graft FUE with Dr HASSON

Spidey

On 9/3/2015 at 10:06 PM, Spidey said:

Oh and another thing. The majority of their clients are still going for fut. And they are booked solid. Every time I went in for post op stuff, there were people in the wait room and operating chairs. Fut, imo, is the best choice for nw levels four or higher. If I were to get a ht and was a higher Nw, I would go fut for sure.

Great results Spidey.  Super success story.  

I happened to notice the comment early on it the thread regarding FUT vs. FUE. Not sure I would agree that FUT is the best choice for NW level 4 or higher.  I was a NW-6 and have done quite well with FUE and over 7,000 grafts.  I never wanted that lengthy linear scar. I understand that folks have differing perspectives regarding this. 

Once again, congrats on your great results Spidey.  Happy New Year to you and others on this thread.

Edited by JohnCasper

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2015 at 1:14 PM, Spidey said:

Swooping, it's thick until it thins lol. I am on topical Rogaine and s5 cream at the moment. Very reluctant to take anything oral.

This is a 3 year old thread but I'm surprised to hear about S5 and I'm on this forum a lot.

Does S5 work or it's snake oil? Did H&W prescribe it or you got it from somewhere else?

47 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

This is a 3 year old thread but I'm surprised to hear about S5 and I'm on this forum a lot.

Does S5 work or it's snake oil? Did H&W prescribe it or you got it from somewhere else?

I got it from another site. Stopped using it because the new batch I got about a year ago aggravated my scalp (gave me pimples on the applied area). 

I use minox foam and a topical dht blocker (kourosh) but honestly have no idea if it's working. Like most people I'm just afraid if I stop by hair loss will.progress faster , finding out that the meds did work in mainting. .. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spidey, your hairline looks very well designed. I noticed Dr. Hasson usually goes with a v-shape and more mature look, was this what he recommended as well before you decided to change it to the one you wanted? I am also looking at Dr. Hasson or Dr. Diep but i live locally in Vancouver as well.

6 hours ago, flyinghotnow said:

Hi Spidey, your hairline looks very well designed. I noticed Dr. Hasson usually goes with a v-shape and more mature look, was this what he recommended as well before you decided to change it to the one you wanted? I am also looking at Dr. Hasson or Dr. Diep but i live locally in Vancouver as well.

It's what he designed and I agreed with. I didn't want a straight hairline. My main goal was restore the fullness and stylability of the hairline.

I will admit when the procedure was done and I saw the hairline it looked a lot more widow's peakish than I expected. But when the hair grew in, the widow's peak look went away. I'm glad I agreed to the hairline because the slight v shape adds maturity and makes it more natural looking. 

If you're local, it's a no brainier you go with hw

On 1/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

Hey Spidey have you had any further hair loss since this operation with Dr Hasson?

Not really. But I know it'll eventually happen. I know I'll need a touch up later down the road. I'm still on the fence if I would get the touch up or just let nature take it's course lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not really. But I know it'll eventually happen. I know I'll need a touch up later down the road. I'm still on the fence if I would get the touch up or just let nature take it's course lol

OP has great hair and plenty of supply. Just need to make sure he has money to keep going to H&W :)

• 1 year later...

Well since we're all quarantined.... Here's a 5 year update. It's four mths shy but whatever... 

I've noticed that the minimal native hair in my recipient area that Dr Hasson transplanted around have likely thinned out. As a result the density isn't as full as the first two years post op. That or the transplanted hairs have become less crinkly and thick and smoothed out to the point that it doesn't look as dense. Either way I still think it looks good and am happy, even five years later.  I'm interested to see how long my surrounding native hairs will last before I will need a touch up/ second procedure. I'm glad my hair loss is this slow where I don't need a touch up even after five years later. These pics of of my hair dry and no product. I should really take a picture of my hair with product but am too lazy....

Oh ya. I'm still doing minox foam once a day and kourosh dht blocker once a day. Both before bed.

I've started dermarolling with 1.5mm needles once every 2 weeks or so in the area directly behind the recipient area. Been doing this for about two mths now to see if it'll help keep those native hairs strong. 

IMG_20200405_120037__01.jpg

IMG_20200405_120039__01.jpg

IMG_20200405_120147__01.jpg

Edited by Spidey

• Administrators

It looks great, how long did it take for the hairs to relax? Took me about 18 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stephcurry30 said:

Great result. Spidey why haven't you tried finastiride?

I'm a strong believer that it's not good for you regardless of whether you show obvious side effects. I'm not a fan of anything that messes with hormones. My hair loss is slow enough for me not to be too concerned. I may opt for one more procedure as a touch up but that would probably be the extent of it. If by the time I'm in my 40s and my hairloss progresses even further, I'll just accept it and carry on with my life. 

Edited by Spidey

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'm a strong believer that it's not good for you regardless of whether you show obvious side effects. I'm not a fan of anything that messes with hormones. My hair loss is slow enough for me not to be too concerned. I may opt for one more procedure as a touch up but that would probably be the extent of it. If by the time I'm in my 40s and my hairloss progresses even further, I'll just accept it and carry on with my life. 

It looks like your hair loss is not aggressive. Have you noticed any additional loss behind your transplanted areas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2016 at 11:04 AM, Spidey said:

Here are pics pics of my hair wet, straight out of the shower. No product. Not even towel dried. I would never style my hair with this much of a wet look as its too grease looking for me lol.

5b32ee7fa361e_IMG_20160829_15412301.thumb.jpg.0928f57e639649b578f5941896fe7b03.jpg

5b32ee7fb890f_IMG_20160829_15413001.thumb.jpg.239d76304d9e36d6f0f42b41b846c73e.jpg

5b32ee7fcca31_IMG_20160829_15441201.thumb.jpg.a5592b327320ca35b25ac8117ca3d6dc.jpg

Looking soooo good!!! Congrats and enjoy a lot now ; )

On 1/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

hahaha you lucky fella... awesome bro.

Just realized u meant hasson OVER Wong. Not hasson and Wong. I was actually assigned to hasson by default. I didn't choose. But I don't care who I had, but looking back I'm glad I got hasson bc I like his hairline shapes better. So it worked out.