1036 graft FUE with Dr HASSON

Spidey

This is probably a case modern HT is made for. A low norwood who just needs a small amount of grafts to go from "barely balding" to "back to 20 years old".

I wouldn worry about future hair loss - you barely had any thru mid 30s. Unless you are one of those weird cases that come out of the blue you were probably headed for NW3 at worse in 20 years and even if that is the case you started in the right spot to alleviate that and you have 1000s upon 1000s of grafts still in storage to fix anything that comes up in a decade. You are officially on cruise control for the next 7-8 years.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Looks great, thanks for keeping us all posted.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi Spidey,

Your hair already looks great at just 7 months and with the quality of hair you have, you will, in my opinion definitely see a lot more improvement over the next few months. I am 16 months in and I am still seeing a gradual improvement.

Congratulations!icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

Spidey,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are happy it looks great and you can expect the crinkly hairs to settle down over the coming months as the hair matures.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for sharing your results spidey, I would be lying if I said it didn't influence my decision to go with Dr. Hasson for a FUE procedure almost exactly a year after your surgery. I'm coming from the states to do it.

I want to make a thread discussing my hair loss story and to document my surgery/recovery. Do I just start one in the FUE sub forum? Your results look incredible, congrats. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Spidey,

I will be having a similar FUE procedure coming up in about a month and plan to keep my hair long. I am wondering if any of your hairline was shaven during the procedure or was it left exactly as is? I know some docs will want to shave a centimeter or two into the hairline to get a better visual of the scalp and surrounding hair. From your pics it doesn't look like it but I just wanted to be sure. I don't know what to expect. Thanks and great write-up! Your hair rocks!

Spidey,

I will be having a similar FUE procedure coming up in about a month and plan to keep my hair long. I am wondering if any of your hairline was shaven during the procedure or was it left exactly as is? I know some docs will want to shave a centimeter or two into the hairline to get a better visual of the scalp and surrounding hair. From your pics it doesn't look like it but I just wanted to be sure. I don't know what to expect. Thanks and great write-up! Your hair rocks!

Dr Hasson makes it mandatory to shave the recipient area - non negotiable

I believe Dr Hasson shaves the entire recipient area. It looks like Spidey may have had some of his hairline shaved off but most of his recipient area had little to no hair. For instance if he had thinning throughout the whole frontal area and wanted to address that in surgery, he would have had to shave that entire area. At that point you might as well shave the whole head because it looks a little ridiculous.

I'm having a very similar procedure to Spidey in August, but with around 800 more grafts. I'm sure some of my hairline is going to have to be shaved down but I'm hoping it doesn't look too ridiculous where I could keep what's behind it to conceal the recipient area until it grows back. Whatever the case, I'm going to trust what Dr. Hasson wants to do in order to get the best results.

trashpanda is right, my recipient area was shaved down, but only in the area that was receiving grafts. The area behind the recipient area wasn't shaved down at all.

I would recommend going in with a buzzed head anyways, it will make growing out a lot better.... The only downside would be that you wouldn't be able to really hide the pinkness during the following months.

Makes sense..I appreciate the info. I'm gonna try to have them just shave what needs to be shaved in the hairline and comb the rest forward. It sure won't be an attractive hairstyle but def better then me w/a buzzed head. Got to be back to work 1 week post-op. Anyways, looking forward to your next update Spidey.

• 1 month later...

Great to see H&W produce FUE results on par with their strip! Really great improvement! Looking forward to seeing the final 12 month results! After seeing spideys results I wouldn't hesitate book FUE with dr hasson if I need it in future!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Spidey,

Thanks for the update and glad you got back to see Dr Hasson and Doug shame I was not there this time to see your result in person but look forward to seeing the photos.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

As promised, here are the 12 month pictures that Doug took at the clinic last week, with the HW signature blue background :D

As you can see the pictures taken at the clinic are much better quality than the pictures I have been posting via my phone camera.

Now I cross my fingers and hope my future hairloss is minimal to non existent.

I am currently using rogaine foam, and have been for the past decade. I stopped using topical spiro as it is now discontinued. For the last couple of weeks, I started trying the topical Azelaic acid by Kourosh. Too early to tell if it works, however, it if helps me maintain, I won't complain. I have never been on nor will I ever try Fin.

Also, the transplanted hair is slowly getting "softer" like the native hair, and less wirey

front.thumb.jpg.6c640c497733d30be047ca9aa12aa887.jpg

angleleft.thumb.jpg.3000d7f02c634434fb23431db69ead36.jpg

left.thumb.jpg.c367a6d10cd6241fae66c890ff52b670.jpg

angleright.thumb.jpg.11206e5831a61bbb6508daacf264a734.jpg

right.thumb.jpg.09ec2c3343f21c7f4fe3d7024eaee1a7.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.cdda93c0d096ca1b1bbb299425360971.jpg