Just got back from consult at LA Hair Clinic

Broncos22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone, it’s been almost a year since my Last Post, and for some reason I guess my account got deactivated after being away for so long, tried logging in, and couldn’t. But finally I got my password reset and good to go.

So here are some updates with my hair restoration journey. I FINALLY DID IT!!! I’m so happy so far, I am just under a year, and it looks so darn good. I had FUE hair restoration with LA Hair Clinic, and received 3734 FUE grafts, for zones 1, 2, and 3. I still can’t believe I went ahead with it, so surreal.

Here is the breakdown.

FUE w/LA Hair Clinic

Singles 470

Doubles 1437

Triples + 1827

Total 3734.

It was a long day, 10 to almost 11 hours, but I am so happy that I didn’t have to go 2 days back to back, and it was all done in a single session. I actually decided to go a little bit more on the graft count to cover a little bit more of my zone 3.

I listened to some of what people had to say, and there were some great doctors and clinics, and I finally decided to try other places before I booked my date and placed my deposit. I consulted in Mexico, Canada and NYC. I absolutely agree that research is necessary, and I am so glad I came across this forum and the community, you guys have been very supportive in guidance.

The day started with me having to come in at 6:30, I was running a bit late, since I was nervous the night before and didn’t really sleep well, but that being said I was only 30 minutes away from my appointment time. Started with the consent, which took about 40 minutes, then we went to the office for last minute questions.

They gave me something to relax my nerves, which was great!! And next thing you know after almost 4 hours, we had our grafts!!! The worst part was the numbing injections, which they kept calling it freezing, and now I know why. Because the entire area felt like it was frozen, numb….I felt nothing. Then came lunch.

Lunch was ordered from a nearby restaurant, I was given a choice of different menus, from Sushi, Argentinian, Brazilian, and I decided to go with a place called Malbec which they are know for their steaks. Yum Yum. It was delicious. Now, every time I go there, I think of my procedure date…. Flash backs….. It was amazingly delicious, I had the 24 oz steak… it was huge, but finger lickin good.

Ok, back to my day. Next came the design, which took around 30 minutes, it was a collaboration between myself and Jacques. It turned out exactly how I wanted and envisioned in my head. I was even ready to show some photos of actors and my old hairline, but this was even better. Alright guys, next was incisions, which once again, freezing was given, but it was only for a few seconds (They kept saying keep your eyes on the prize) next thing I remember we were halfway through the incision. We were listening to music selection from classical to classis rock.

Then after a quick restroom break, since I kept getting up to use the restroom, since I was given IV to keep me hydrated, I felt bad for constantly asking to use the restroom. But they took their time with me, and they were very polite, the whole team has an amazing sense of humor. They were very friendly and courteous. I am still in contact with them, and I feel as if I am part of their growing family.

Then next came implanting, which took few more hours, a bit over 3 hours, and they kept complimenting me on my skin and graft quality. John, Michelle and Florina (I hope I am spelling it correct) were AWESOME and they have a really good chemistry together. There was one more individual, whom I don’t remember the name, (apologies for that). I went through 2 movies I picked online on demand, but never got the chance to finish the second one.

Finally it was almost 7 pm, and we were done. I was at first nervous to look at the finished product, and it was so hard to keep my tears and emotions in. It hit me, I finally did it after years of research, and opening my eyes and ears to patients who have gone through the same journey.

There is no doubt I recommend Jacques, Dr. T, and his team to everyone that is considering FUE hair restoration. I felt a connection with them the moment I walked in. But I still wanted to do my due diligence and do at least a few more consults before settling on one. BTW- all of my meds were handed to me, all of my vitamins and solutions/products for my recovery period. They even went as far as hiring a driver for me, to take me to my hotel.

Now, just under my 12th month mark, I am already SOOOOO HAAAAPPPPYYYY that even if this was my final result, I would be more than satisfied. I have almost another 25% to go.

IF anyone out there is confused, like I was, please do not hesitate to contact Jacques Abrahamian and Dr T, @ LA Hair Clinic. They are an awesome team, awesome is an understatement. They are outstanding, and know their stuff. Alright I’m craving that steak now, and can’t wait to be back in the area for my 12th month follow up, and hitting Malbec for that steak that I am so craving… Photos to come shortly… I am trying to keep a month to month log, atleast 3 months update is where I see the most difference…… I couldn’t recommend them enough. Great experience, and I am thrilled I picked the clinic that was right for me in everyway, you wont be disappointed.

Hmmm.... Let's see some pics eh?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Hi Everyone, it’s been almost a year since my Last Post,I’m so happy so far, I am just under a year, and it looks so darn good..

Your consult and 1st post was Aug 6, 2015, 8 1/2 months ago. So you're 8 months out assuming you jumped on it following your consult?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Thank you Broncos22. I've been considering LA Hair Clinic for the past couple weeks. I think you solidified my decision. They seem really nice an knowledgeable. The price was much better than most of the others. Thank you for the story. Please share pics. (Mind if I ask how much you paid per graft?)

Thanks

Cory

if you had time to post such a detailed description of your experience, you would also post some photos. So let's see your 12 month result before you start giving this clinic so much praise. So far, this looks like bs promotion to me. But please, prove me wrong.

if you had time to post such a detailed description of your experience, you would also post some photos. So let's see your 12 month result before you start giving this clinic so much praise. So far, this looks like bs promotion to me. But please, prove me wrong.

He can't post 12 month pics because he only had his consult at LA HAIR 8 months ago. When exactly did you have the procedure, Broncos22?

In your post you said:

"I listened to some of what people had to say, and there were some great doctors and clinics, and I finally decided to try other places before I booked my date and placed my deposit. I consulted in Mexico, Canada and NYC. "

Fast work there.

He can't post 12 month pics because he only had his consult at LA HAIR 8 months ago. When exactly did you have the procedure, Broncos22?

I'm relying on the following statement from op:

"Now, just under my 12th month mark, I am already SOOOOO HAAAAPPPPYYYY that even if this was my final result, I would be more than satisfied. I have almost another 25% to go"

But "just under" is pretty vague so who knows. Either way, my point is that we should see documentation of his progress, whether it's at 8 months or 12 months. Posts describing how satisfied a patient is with a doctor's work and then encouraging other patients to go to that clinic are worthless without thorough photographic documentation.

Either way, my point is that we should see documentation of his progress, whether it's at 8 months or 12 months..

I agree. I am anxious to see this -but more for the sake of others considering such a procedure who come here expecting a modicum of truth.

For my own, I can name time, date, address, Dr., show before pics, show during pics, show after pics, and follow up pics. Not to mention my 100 posts about it.

They suspiciously have 5 stars from all 14 Yelp reviews. These reviewers are making statements how they were treated like a king, and genuinely felt like family. Their before/afters on their site are nothing to brag about with at least one being obviously touched up. Their pricing structure shows per "VIP" graft $15. What the the hell is a VIP graft? I couldn't image paying $30, 000 for say 2000 grafts. They also claim to do BHT on any area of the body that lacks hair.

I see no listed referrals on their site and it appears all of their prior patients have single letters for last names.

Hmmmm?

Maybe I'm wrong but these sort of things make me a bit nervous..............

• 2 weeks later...
I will definitely post some photos for everyone soon. Thanks for the great support.

Yeah, and thanks for wasting everyone's time with your bogus story.

By the way - the largest steak on Malbec's lunch menu is a 14oz Ribeye.

• 1 month later...

I was watching some of LA Hair Clinic videos on youtube and my search landed me here. I'm not certain but this story sounds fake to me. A perfect google review?? Who eats a 24oz steak while have a procedure like this? Seriously, I would be afraid I would find myself sitting on the toilet.

So many doctors to research :confused: I did have a window opened to Dr. Diep John's page. It shows he has 11 years of experience. Is he really that good? I would want to get a FUE transplant. Are there any good doctors on the east coast? I am in VA

I was watching some of LA Hair Clinic videos on youtube and my search landed me here. I'm not certain but this story sounds fake to me. A perfect google review?? Who eats a 24oz steak while have a procedure like this? Seriously, I would be afraid I would find myself sitting on the toilet.

So many doctors to research :confused: I did have a window opened to Dr. Diep John's page. It shows he has 11 years of experience. Is he really that good? I would want to get a FUE transplant. Are there any good doctors on the east coast? I am in VA

Lol steak? I don't think so.... being sleepy and groggy during the procedure a steak would pose a serious choking hazard. I had a HT with Dr Diep and I'm happy. Gonna go in for another procedure for my crown.

Lol steak? I don't think so.... being sleepy and groggy during the procedure a steak would pose a serious choking hazard. I had a HT with Dr Diep and I'm happy. Gonna go in for another procedure for my crown.

FUE? If you don't mind answering, what did he charge per graft? How long ago was you other procedure.

I have not met with anyone yet, well I did with Bosley 4 years ago but never proceeded with it. At that time they said I needed 1800 grafts. I recently sent some pictures to Health Travel International in Turkey and was told I needed 3500 grafts.

This is not looking for a car on the internet!

Looking for the nearest & cheapest is going about the wrong way.

you dont have many stabs at this HT stuff, so its important to get the right Dr to do a great job.

money or travel should be the last thing on your mind.

FUE? If you don't mind answering, what did he charge per graft? How long ago was you other procedure.

I have not met with anyone yet, well I did with Bosley 4 years ago but never proceeded with it. At that time they said I needed 1800 grafts. I recently sent some pictures to Health Travel International in Turkey and was told I needed 3500 grafts.

Fue. Pm sent

This is not looking for a car on the internet!

Looking for the nearest & cheapest is going about the wrong way.

you dont have many stabs at this HT stuff, so its important to get the right Dr to do a great job.

money or travel should be the last thing on your mind.

If your comment is to me, well, I am not only shopping price, I am trying to find a good doctor and is why I found myself here. Price is important though, no matter what you think. Now if I had unlimited funds I wouldn't have ask that question. But I'm a working man and have a family with kids in college I am paying for. I will always ask what' this going to cost but I am also going to do my best to find a good doctor for my needs. ;)

Fue. Pm sent

Thank you! I am about to read it through my email but when I try to check my message on here I get this.

The http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com'>http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com page isn’t working

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I can't open or replay but at least I was able to read it. Thanks for the info. Did you post a thread about your procedure? Any pictures before and after?

If your comment is to me, well, I am not only shopping price, I am trying to find a good doctor and is why I found myself here. Price is important though, no matter what you think. Now if I had unlimited funds I wouldn't have ask that question. But I'm a working man and have a family with kids in college I am paying for. I will always ask what' this going to cost but I am also going to do my best to find a good doctor for my needs. ;)

Thank you! I am about to read it through my email but when I try to check my message on here I get this.

I can't open or replay but at least I was able to read it. Thanks for the info. Did you post a thread about your procedure? Any pictures before and after?

No pics sorry. I suck at taking pics lol. I'm sure when I go in for my next procedure the doc will take pics and video

[quote

No pics sorry. I suck at taking pics lol. I'm sure when I go in for my next procedure the doc will take pics and video

It's fine. Post what you have, we understand.................. (waiting).............

• 1 month later...

What a complete BS post by Broncos22. For all we know he works for LA Clinic or someone there told him to post it.

He got exposed thanks to a poster on here who pointed out, he went for his consult 8 months ago yet this guy claims his hair transplant happened a year ago.

You noticed how Broncos22 hasn't responded to that point.

..And next thing you know after almost 4 hours, we had our grafts!!!

Then came lunch.

I had the 24 oz steak

Next came the design, which took around 30 minutes.

Okay 4 hours to harvest grafts, then you take lunch and have a big old 24oz steak (Not on Malbec's menu, btw), THEN you guys design a hairline - and that takes up another 30 minutes - odd that you would start designing a hairline after the harvest and lunch --- that's a lot of time out of body for those poor little grafts.

But everything is magical in a Fairy Tale anyway.