Just got back from consult at LA Hair Clinic

Broncos22

Ok so I just got back from a consult at this place in Pasadena. I found them on Google. They told me I needed 3300 to 3500 grafts and I was worried when they said that but when he told me the price per graft I was blown away! Has anyone heard of these guys? LA Hair Clinic? It's local and the price is amazing and they do the FUE and all in one day. I'm considering going with them. I saw some of their before after photos and it looked very good too. Has anyone here gotten their transplant with them? Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I just got back from a consult at this place in Pasadena. I found them on Google. They told me I needed 3300 to 3500 grafts and I was worried when they said that but when he told me the price per graft I was blown away! Has anyone heard of these guys? LA Hair Clinic? It's local and the price is amazing and they do the FUE and all in one day. I'm considering going with them. I saw some of their before after photos and it looked very good too. Has anyone here gotten their transplant with them? Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Sigh ?

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Never heard of them. I get that Google has its place, but this website has done an outstanding job at building a listing of recommended HT surgeons. I would use that listing rather than google. It's your head, and you have a limited lifetime donar supply of grafts. I think you have a lot more research to do. I get the timing of your wedding, but please please please proceed with extreme caution. If you don't want to travel, can I recommend t least taking the greyhound bus or train up to Hasson & Wong in Vancauver. They are still relatively new at FUE, but they happen to be the best FUT clinic on the planet.

I'm not sure what to do yet but I'm still looking. Im gonna make a appointment with Zeiring Medical and I'm gonna check out a couple more doctors and then I will make my decision. Hasson and Wong is too far I am trying to stay local and I really don't want to get the FUT. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you all posted. This is not easy... As far as the website they do have one as well. It's Los Angeles Hair Transplant Clinic

• Administrators

In LA there's dr. Umar he's expensive as hell though, dr. Mohebi, I went to Dr. Behnam for my first surgery, it was okay not bad, but I think I would've been better going somewhere they specialize in FUE, Dr. Diep in Los gatos, good work but expensive, and I wasn't too satisfied with the level of service. Best places for FUE quality and price wise is turkey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanx FUE2014 but I heard bad things about people getting surgery in Mexico. Don't want to risk it.

I got my transplant in Mexico by Dr. Nadar and thus far I am very satisfied. My donor area recovered very quickly and he was very involved throughout the entire process.

I'm not sure what to do yet but I'm still looking. Im gonna make a appointment with Zeiring Medical and I'm gonna check out a couple more doctors and then I will make my decision. Hasson and Wong is too far I am trying to stay local and I really don't want to get the FUT. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you all posted. This is not easy... As far as the website they do have one as well. It's Los Angeles Hair Transplant Clinic

I actually also consulted with Zeiring Medical in New York, and knew I was in trouble when they mentioned that they have a technique where they are able to transplant fully grown hairs that won't shed, meaning you dont have to wait for grafts to grow. Something along those lines. I actually have the brochure somewhere at home describing that - LOL

With all medical procedures, the last place you want to go to is the cheapest or "best deal". Of course, if you go overseas you will save money mainly because of their dollar value, but still, you risk any post op complications when you are already at home, and the clinic is an 8 hour flight away.

With all medical procedures, the last place you want to go to is the cheapest or "best deal". Of course, if you go overseas you will save money mainly because of their dollar value, but still, you risk any post op complications when you are already at home, and the clinic is an 8 hour flight away.

Hi Spidey,

I used to believe the sme thing, but if you go overseas, you generally stay in town for a couple of days post op and get the post op cleaning benefits. However, after a couple of days, there is really no type of complications that can occur that the HT surgeon can really do anything for you. I.e. If grafts fall out or get dislodged, the surgeon is not going to be able to re-implant them for you at so many days post-op. After 3-4 days, they can't be dislodged anyway. If you get an infection, all he can do is prescribe you more anti-biotics which he can do from 8 hours away. Seeing you are going for FUE, you don't have to worry about the suture removal. So, there is really nothing I can think of that would require you to be close to the clinic.

Hi Spidey,

I used to believe the sme thing, but if you go overseas, you generally stay in town for a couple of days post op and get the post op cleaning benefits. However, after a couple of days, there is really no type of complications that can occur that the HT surgeon can really do anything for you. I.e. If grafts fall out or get dislodged, the surgeon is not going to be able to re-implant them for you at so many days post-op. After 3-4 days, they can't be dislodged anyway. If you get an infection, all he can do is prescribe you more anti-biotics which he can do from 8 hours away. Seeing you are going for FUE, you don't have to worry about the suture removal. So, there is really nothing I can think of that would require you to be close to the clinic.

Fair enough, but personally, I feel more comfortable being in town, even if it means paying more... Not having to go through the airport with wounds on my head, lol. I guess my opinion is slightly different as Hasson and Wong is not only in the city that I live in, but a 10 min walk away :)

No way in hell they can harvest 7000 FUE grafts in one day. No chance in hell. Dude you need to run, not walk from this clinic. I'm really suspicious of the photos and they look like they might have been lifted from other clinics.

Fair enough, but personally, I feel more comfortable being in town, even if it means paying more... Not having to go through the airport with wounds on my head, lol. I guess my opinion is slightly different as Hasson and Wong is not only in the city that I live in, but a 10 min walk away :)

Hey buddy,

Yeah I guarantee you would have a completely different opinion if H&W (only one of the best HT clinics on the planet) was not in your backyard. i get the convinience factor, but if I could go back in time to my 1st procedure, I would have travelled in a heartbeat like I am doing for my 2nd procedure that would not be necessary if I had done it right the 1st time round.

I had a transplant w Ziering (himself) and count me as one of his satisfied customers. While his staff is definitely more salesy than other clinics (although ultimately they are all incentivized more or less the same), but I don't doubt the doctor's skills for a second. He is actually quite humble and down to earth in person despite what image you may perceive from the marketing effort /ads.

Like you my main concern back then was staying local in the LA area. Over the years , I have been to both Shapiro and Ziering btw for my HTs ,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

If your set on staying around LA I'd suggest Dr. John Diep just look at all the results on his youtube channel. His hairline results look awesome. I also had my fue done in Mexico and every single graft has grown in nicely. My result is as good as any on this site and it cost me way less. Do your research.

First off, I'm glad to see everyone here giving you sound advice regarding the initial clinic you were inquiring about. Medical procedures aren't generally the sort of thing you want to bargain shop for, and if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Forget Google and use this forum as your number one resource to find an excellent, ethical, top notch doctor. You'll be much better off for it in the long run.

Of course, I highly recommend Dr. Mohebi and would encourage you to check him out. If I were you, I would put him on a short list of surgeons to consider alongside the other recommended LA doctors you're interested in (since you're wanting to stay local). I would then schedule a consultation with 2-3 of your top choices, meet them in person, and then make a decision from there.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 7 months later...

ppl like him are only looking for others to agree with him. he like thousands of other botched HT's gets suckered into the price and after that they have tunnel vision and if ppl are telling him to steer clear he will just ignore everyone and not post

The OP posted for 4 days and has not been seen since. Window shopper.

Look at Belgium for ideas of what you could expect in terms of results. Your goals and hair loss pattern will influence your decision. Unfortunately, not every individual is an ideal candidate for FUE. Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Everyone, it’s been almost a year since my Last Post, and for some reason I guess my account got deactivated after being away for so long, tried logging in, and couldn’t. But finally I got my password reset and good to go.

So here are some updates with my hair restoration journey. I FINALLY DID IT!!! I’m so happy so far, I am just under a year, and it looks so darn good. I had FUE hair restoration with LA Hair Clinic, and received 3734 FUE grafts, for zones 1, 2, and 3. I still can’t believe I went ahead with it, so surreal.

Here is the breakdown.

FUE w/LA Hair Clinic

Singles 470

Doubles 1437

Triples + 1827

Total 3734.

It was a long day, 10 to almost 11 hours, but I am so happy that I didn’t have to go 2 days back to back, and it was all done in a single session. I actually decided to go a little bit more on the graft count to cover a little bit more of my zone 3.

I listened to some of what people had to say, and there were some great doctors and clinics, and I finally decided to try other places before I booked my date and placed my deposit. I consulted in Mexico, Canada and NYC. I absolutely agree that research is necessary, and I am so glad I came across this forum and the community, you guys have been very supportive in guidance.

The day started with me having to come in at 6:30, I was running a bit late, since I was nervous the night before and didn’t really sleep well, but that being said I was only 30 minutes away from my appointment time. Started with the consent, which took about 40 minutes, then we went to the office for last minute questions.

They gave me something to relax my nerves, which was great!! And next thing you know after almost 4 hours, we had our grafts!!! The worst part was the numbing injections, which they kept calling it freezing, and now I know why. Because the entire area felt like it was frozen, numb….I felt nothing. Then came lunch.

Lunch was ordered from a nearby restaurant, I was given a choice of different menus, from Sushi, Argentinian, Brazilian, and I decided to go with a place called Malbec which they are know for their steaks. Yum Yum. It was delicious. Now, every time I go there, I think of my procedure date…. Flash backs….. It was amazingly delicious, I had the 24 oz steak… it was huge, but finger lickin good.

Ok, back to my day. Next came the design, which took around 30 minutes, it was a collaboration between myself and Jacques. It turned out exactly how I wanted and envisioned in my head. I was even ready to show some photos of actors and my old hairline, but this was even better. Alright guys, next was incisions, which once again, freezing was given, but it was only for a few seconds (They kept saying keep your eyes on the prize) next thing I remember we were halfway through the incision. We were listening to music selection from classical to classis rock.

Then after a quick restroom break, since I kept getting up to use the restroom, since I was given IV to keep me hydrated, I felt bad for constantly asking to use the restroom. But they took their time with me, and they were very polite, the whole team has an amazing sense of humor. They were very friendly and courteous. I am still in contact with them, and I feel as if I am part of their growing family.

Then next came implanting, which took few more hours, a bit over 3 hours, and they kept complimenting me on my skin and graft quality. John, Michelle and Florina (I hope I am spelling it correct) were AWESOME and they have a really good chemistry together. There was one more individual, whom I don’t remember the name, (apologies for that). I went through 2 movies I picked online on demand, but never got the chance to finish the second one.

Finally it was almost 7 pm, and we were done. I was at first nervous to look at the finished product, and it was so hard to keep my tears and emotions in. It hit me, I finally did it after years of research, and opening my eyes and ears to patients who have gone through the same journey.

There is no doubt I recommend Jacques, Dr. T, and his team to everyone that is considering FUE hair restoration. I felt a connection with them the moment I walked in. But I still wanted to do my due diligence and do at least a few more consults before settling on one. BTW- all of my meds were handed to me, all of my vitamins and solutions/products for my recovery period. They even went as far as hiring a driver for me, to take me to my hotel.

Now, just under my 12th month mark, I am already SOOOOO HAAAAPPPPYYYY that even if this was my final result, I would be more than satisfied. I have almost another 25% to go.

IF anyone out there is confused, like I was, please do not hesitate to contact Jacques Abrahamian and Dr T, @ LA Hair Clinic. They are an awesome team, awesome is an understatement. They are outstanding, and know their stuff. Alright I’m craving that steak now, and can’t wait to be back in the area for my 12th month follow up, and hitting Malbec for that steak that I am so craving… Photos to come shortly… I am trying to keep a month to month log, atleast 3 months update is where I see the most difference…… I couldn’t recommend them enough. Great experience, and I am thrilled I picked the clinic that was right for me in everyway, you wont be disappointed.