Hair surgery FUE

Okay Mr. David

I won't use names of doctors I am trying to get some information. I have done research and hair transplant is the a I will go. I have had consultation with doctors in Turkey Seattle and in New York. I have been given 13000 11000 and 2500 dollar choices as far as price. The general consensus is that I need around 3000 to 5000 grafts. The thing that worries me is the drastic price variations. 2500 in Turkey and 13000 here in the states. I guess the big question is and the way I'm leaning is Turkey. So I guess more information from others regarding Turkey specific to prices. I saved up 5500 for surgery including air fare. I have been to 36 countries so im not afraid to travel. Im looking for quality at the best price. Please help. Thank you Jeremy

ATT_1438174452522_20150529_174318.jpg.390e15e8dd4542e67eddd0415a3bc351.jpg

ATT_1438174452458_20150529_174314.jpg.be251ad1be53223b8191836255a9b50f.jpg

Price is definately crazy there and I bet the more expensive ones are for the less amount of grafts? I had a consultation with UK ht clinic and they said I need 1400 and with Turkey consultation 2500. Leads me to think the UK clinic was being very conservative for the possibility of repeat treatments. Anyway the price difference for mine was 4800 GBP for UK for 1400 grafts and 1300 GBP for 2500 grafts. The low price reflects an amazing exchange rate at the minute of euro being uncertain 1.42 euros to the ?. Thanks Greece lol

Edited by Eurofue
Doesn't display pound sign

Jeremy,

Cost vs. quality is a common concern and frequent topic of discussion around here. What you'll find is that the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the best and the cheapest is not necessarily the worst.

Being well-traveled, I'm sure you're aware that factors regarding cost like average wage, insurance, rent, training, etc. vary widely from country to country. Thus, patients willing to travel can find exceptional work at appealing prices, even when factoring in travel expenses.

We do our best to take the risk out of the equation by pre-screening and recommending hair transplant surgeons all over the world.

Since you haven't mentioned any physician names, I can't be sure that you've viewed our interactive map for recommended surgeons. You should also review our recommendation criteria.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi jeremymen,

Since you are not afraid to travel and want a top quality HT procedure but not at a killing cost, I can recommend you Dr. Tejinder Bhatti at darlingbudsindia.com

I had 1524 FUE grafts done by Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh India and so have many patients on this forum included David!

Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Darlinglocks

Edited by David - Moderator

Thank you for the reply guys. Even India seems high on the price by the time I buy a 2000 dollar plane ticket. I think the prices have been driven by the technology. From what I read Turkey is farther along than other alot of places for some reason.

Go to Turkey, even if I had the money I would have avoided most Uk clinics, where I live, rip off with sub-par results apart from one or two and as I say expensive, it would have cost me at least 20.000 pounds to have a transplant with them instead of the 2,000 it cost me in Turkey.[4200 FUE grafts]

I went with Longevita so far I am happy approaching the 7 month mark, it was techs that did the transplant, actually if I had my time again I probably would have gone with Dr Resul Yaman he's posted some really good results recently on here and is priced very competitively even

by Turkish standards, he also does most of the operation himself extractions etc good luck with whoever you choose

Hi jeremymen,

Since you are not afraid to travel and want a top quality HT procedure but not at a killing cost, I can recommend you Dr. Tejinder Bhatti at darlingbudsindia.com

I had 1524 FUE grafts done by Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh India and so have many patients on this forum included David!

Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Darlinglocks

Darlinglocks,

As a fellow Dr. Bhatti patient, I can appreciate your enthusiasm and I think anyone willing to travel abroad would be doing themselves a great disservice by not considering Dr. Bhatti. However, as noted in the PM I sent, there is no reason to link to the Darling Buds website in each and every post that you make. Thus, I have deleted the link from your post.

I suggest you add a forum signature with the details of your procedure and a link to Dr. Bhatti's recommendation profile where all of his pertinent contact information may be found. If you like, I can assist you with doing so.

David

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

I live in Seattle area and looking to repair my existing FUT transplant done about 5 years ago, I had consulted a couple of surgeons and they recommended FUE since my head is too hard to make another scar.

Jeremy - I'm also considering a transplant in Turkey, but not sure how good they are in the FUE procedure. Your thoughts ?

My goal is to fill hairline and crown area, but it appears that strip will not work for me as I already got a strip done few years back and since my head is too hard for another strip, I will probably have to go with FUE based on a recommendation from a doctor in India. I'm not really sure if there's an alternative. thanks for your response !

Edited by sandyr

If you've had only one strip, then that should not discount you having another, unless your donor laxity is poor or used up. Did you have a big mega session?. Were the docs you consulted FUE only docs?

If you go to Turkey make sure you find previous happy clients, you don't want to go in blind and hope it will work out, although i hear there are good docs out there.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts