Concealer on short hair

Yes. I think it works best on hair between 3/4 inch to 2 inches. It works on longer too but I think that's where the wow factor comes in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I've seen it work too. The only issue I've seen with some guys with short hair is a lot of particles collecting on the scalp. This can be a bit of a "give away."

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am currently almost 1cm in length all over........ definately too short to use unless you use like a fine eyelash brush to apply it directly to the hair otherwise at this length its impossible to avid the scalp. I would think when you can 'style/move' the hair then it would be effective, so like 2cm/ 3/4"?

I've seen it work too. The only issue I've seen with some guys with short hair is a lot of particles collecting on the scalp. This can be a bit of a "give away."

This^, i'm about 0.85cm/1/5 Inch and its definately too short to use unless you use like a fine eyelash brush to apply it directly to the hair otherwise at this length its impossible to avid the scalp. I would think when you can 'style/move' the hair then it would be effective, so like 2cm/ 3/4"?

....saying this, if you've longer hair all over but a bald spot I would think a combination of scalp concealer (or SMP) and toppik would work.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to buzz my hair to grade one and use Dermatch lightly to take the shine off my crown. It looked okay unless you looked real close to it in a harsh light. Tried fibres too as I still had some velous hair but they didn't work at all.

I did away with it all earlier this year and opted for SMP which looks more realistic and stops me worrying about being too close to people when my back is turned to them.

I used fibres, Nanogen and then Caboki on short hair for some time, never really got picked up by anyone about it. The general rule of thumb is when you run out of hairs for the fibres to attach to, then its probably time to either go for that HT or shave it all off.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Which kind of skin concealers would you recommend?..

Maybe someone With experience can say something about that.

I Have hopefully after MY transplant finale grows in ONLY a VERY small miniaturisized crown to worry about. So There is hair amt Toppik works great There Before i got the procedure.

BUT maybe with a skin concealer it is even better in combination.

All the best

Dermatch worked well for me, even when pretty short, providing there are enough hairs for the fibres to attach to. Eventually I went for a ht as the concealer was no longer working as I continued to lose more and more hairs. But I didn't find a problem using Dermatch on short hair.

Dermatch worked well for me, even when pretty short, providing there are enough hairs for the fibres to attach to. Eventually I went for a ht as the concealer was no longer working as I continued to lose more and more hairs. But I didn't find a problem using Dermatch on short hair.

DermMatch is a paste, there are no fibers.

$T2eC16FHJI!FHSwutmETBSVhdEWlPg~~60_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i used toppik and it did the job only after it makes a complete mess.

black powder all on my t shirt and you have to use shampoo to wash it out and it gets on the face too. washed it off with soap and the soap went black!

Never use that again its like powder, waste of money only used once.

• 1 month later...