3,900 grafts Norwood 6/7 Dr. Diep

HTsoon, you might wanna move that video to an anonymous youtube account. Your name is there in full, and the way you value your privacy by hiding your face in the videos, I figured I just give you a heads up.

Cheers

• Administrators
Great video. Unreal results. Are you going to do a one year follow up Video With Dr Diep if he asks? While watching this in my head I could almost hear him say " The patient has gained 10 to 20 years of his youth back".:D

Congrats you should be over the moon happy.

Haha yea I wouldn't be opposed to letting Dr. Diep film me if he asks, but I'll have to ask if I gained to "10 to 20 years of my youth back" :D

"1 Year: Patients have achieved about 80% of the growth of the transplanted hairs. Most of the hairs will have emerged from the scalp. -Gabel". I wouldn't be surprised to see you mature further.

Yeah just hit 6. slow but it's coming. Will post soon.

Do you recall what your donor density was? You mentioned having a small head (which I have too) as being an advantage. I'd imagine your density had to be a contributor to this result.

Can't wait for the updates, patience is so hard, the way I look at it, is if you're seeing improvement you're on the right track and that's what it's all about. I don't remember my donor density, I don't think it was spectacular to be honest, I think my donor characteristics are pretty good, I have thick caliber hair that's kinda wavy very similar to your own.

Fantastic result ,great to see the video ,truly a life-changer,thanks for posting HTsoon will give a lot of the higher NW's hope and encouragement.

Thanks Mick, that's my whole purpose of this thread and video, before surgery I always got discouraged when people would tell me it was a hopeless cause, I know threads like these will help give some guys see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Based on your norwood level, that is a remarkable result and for the 9 month mark. Looks like for the amount of grafts, your doctor got you maximum yield. Impressive and well thought out approach. Glad your doc did delivered for you and with your safety in mind. Congrats!

Thanks Sean, I appreciate the kind words.

You are the poster child for quality hair transplant surgery! Super impressive results. Congrats!

Thanks David, coming from you that means alot.

Wow just gets better and better. Seriously impressive result. Life changer. Nice tune in the video also what is it :D

Thanks Romp, looking forward to your update, gonna be 6 months in what 2 weeks? thanks the song was just a copyright free song Youtube offered sounded nice so I picked it lol.

HTsoon, you might wanna move that video to an anonymous youtube account. Your name is there in full, and the way you value your privacy by hiding your face in the videos, I figured I just give you a heads up.

Cheers

Thanks Dutchie,

The name is actually a pseudonym its not my real name :D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
miscer detected.

U aware?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Totally AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!, this guy is certainly a posterboy of HT world, best possible advertisement Dr. Diep could get, alas I wish he would have taken better care of him with better service during his HT time.

But boy....from almost NW6 to this!!!, I am flabbergasted!.

Congratulations HTsoon.

• Administrators
Amazing result! I'm almost 11 months post op from a HT from Dr Diep as well. I only started to grow my hair out less than 2 months ago though.

Thanks man, how's everything coming along?

Totally AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!, this guy is certainly a posterboy of HT world, best possible advertisement Dr. Diep could get, alas I wish he would have taken better care of him with better service during his HT time.

But boy....from almost NW6 to this!!!, I am flabbergasted!.

Congratulations HTsoon.

Thanks sutureless,

I've actually spoken with Dr. Diep since, and I think he has taken my constructive criticisms to heart, I really do believe hes passionate about his work, he's a world class surgeon in my opinion his results prove it, ive heard from quite a few patients now that their experience has been good. At the end of the day I'm greatful for this result it truly has changed my life for the better.

View my thread

• Administrators
Great work, and a v nice hairline - wish i had that right now.

You'll get there bro, patience is the hardest part of the procedure.

View my thread

HTsoon has too much hair, actually!

We are gonna have to send a posse after HTsoon, hold him down, pluck out a few hundred grafts, make him look more presentable, and release him into the wild again :cool:

Oh, and before we release him into the wild, I suggest we collar him, tag him, bag him.....etc.

We wanna be able to track him in case he decides to get more hair transplants :cool:

• Administrators
that's some result you've got htsoon you must be really happy.. would be good to see a pic in natural daylight if you haven't already :)

Thanks whiz,

I have a few pics a few pages back, but I took this picture just now facing sunlight, I'm pleased with how it looks even facing the sun, it looks very natural the zig zag definitely helps soften it.

hf7yrLU.jpg

View my thread

Just keeps getting better HTsoon !

As a matter of interest , I've seen it mentioned a few times about a smaller head being advantageous ( I'm a fellow pinhead , so hope so ) .

I'm a bit puzzled by this ? If the head is smaller , wouldn't that mean conversely that the donor area would be smaller proportionately ?

• Administrators
Just keeps getting better HTsoon !

As a matter of interest , I've seen it mentioned a few times about a smaller head being advantageous ( I'm a fellow pinhead , so hope so ) .

I'm a bit puzzled by this ? If the head is smaller , wouldn't that mean conversely that the donor area would be smaller proportionately ?

Not necessarily because the height from the nape to the crown should be the same, what makes the head small is the actual circumference. A lot of guys heads actually get smaller past the occipital area, so normally you look at someone from the neck to the top gradually gets larger. For guys with small heads like myself, the head actually reduces somewhat in size giving me that peanut head look lol. One of the reasons I hated shaving my head but this is s benefit for transplantation because the cm2 area that needs to be covered is small whilst the donor area remains somewhat of a normal size in comparison.

View my thread

How long has it been since you had the HT and do you remember how many grafts were placed front and mid ??

Big difference how you were and now, well worth the risk, looks excellent!

You let your hair grow so it has covered the crown but if you had it short like i would then the crown would show much more.

Is it true if you keep hair short it wont fall out as much as longer hair ?

Not necessarily because the height from the nape to the crown should be the same, what makes the head small is the actual circumference. A lot of guys heads actually get smaller past the occipital area, so normally you look at someone from the neck to the top gradually gets larger. For guys with small heads like myself, the head actually reduces somewhat in size giving me that peanut head look lol. One of the reasons I hated shaving my head but this is s benefit for transplantation because the cm2 area that needs to be covered is small whilst the donor area remains somewhat of a normal size in comparison.

Ah , nice one - you learn something new every day :)

• Administrators
How long has it been since you had the HT and do you remember how many grafts were placed front and mid ??

Big difference how you were and now, well worth the risk, looks excellent!

You let your hair grow so it has covered the crown but if you had it short like i would then the crown would show much more.

Is it true if you keep hair short it wont fall out as much as longer hair ?

My first HT was back in May 2014, second HT was July 2015, I don't cover my crown with hair, I blend in to the crown with a fade. If you go back a couple pages to my 7th month update I showed my crown and how I minimize the contrast by fading in to the bald spot so that it's not as noticeable.

View my thread

My first HT was back in May 2014, second HT was July 2015, I don't cover my crown with hair, I blend in to the crown with a fade. If you go back a couple pages to my 7th month update I showed my crown and how I minimize the contrast by fading in to the bald spot so that it's not as noticeable.

HT, how is your donor area? Do you have any signs of a donor halo or distinct visible extraction patterns? Where your extractions concentrated in a particular zone or soreadout throughout the back? Thanks

• Administrators
HT, how is your donor area? Do you have any signs of a donor halo or distinct visible extraction patterns? Where your extractions concentrated in a particular zone or soreadout throughout the back? Thanks

Hey Sean, it looks fine, there's two spots just above my nape that are a little thinner than everything else, but it's not very noticeable and doesn't bug me at all. I wear my hair at a #1

Here's a pic of my crown/donor

#1 guard

P0YutGK.jpg

Grown out a bit more

1TC9Dru.jpg

View my thread