3,900 grafts Norwood 6/7 Dr. Diep

• Administrators

Coming from the hall of fame patient that means a lot 🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Coming from the hall of fame patient that means a lot 🙏🏼

lol I don’t know about all that, but thanks none the less! What u thinking with regards future surgery? Do you have an estimate on grafts in the bank? 

Excellent results. Thank you for posting. Am I correct in the understanding that you had two surgeries and are considering a third?

i had my first surgery of over 3,000 grafts with Dr Maras and am considering a second procedure in perhaps next year to fill out the back. Most likely I will stop at two for the meantime as my main goal is preservation of graphs for the future.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

lol I don’t know about all that, but thanks none the less! What u thinking with regards future surgery? Do you have an estimate on grafts in the bank? 

I’m thinking maybe one more FUE. I don’t want to exceed 1,000 grafts. I mainly want to tie in the edges of the crown which are still thin. I use concealer to make it look good, but if it’s can get away with using a lot less I’ll be happy. I think I’ve got about 1,500 grafts to play with.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Helios said:

Excellent results. Thank you for posting. Am I correct in the understanding that you had two surgeries and are considering a third?

i had my first surgery of over 3,000 grafts with Dr Maras and am considering a second procedure in perhaps next year to fill out the back. Most likely I will stop at two for the meantime as my main goal is preservation of graphs for the future.

I’ve had three hair transplants, I’m considering a 4th. I may or may not have it done. Hair greed creeps up on me though.

View my thread

12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve had three hair transplants, I’m considering a 4th. I may or may not have it done. Hair greed creeps up on me though.

I know what you mean about hair greed except I already feel that way about a possible second transplant. 

I will likely hold hold off as long as possible after the second as you never know what can happen in the future and I’d feel “safer” having as much donor hair as possible. Excellent results and glad it worked out well for you 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Helios said:

I know what you mean about hair greed except I already feel that way about a possible second transplant. 

I will likely hold hold off as long as possible after the second as you never know what can happen in the future and I’d feel “safer” having as much donor hair as possible. Excellent results and glad it worked out well for you 

🙏🏼 thanks yea that’s the smart way yo go about it.

View my thread

38 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m thinking maybe one more FUE. I don’t want to exceed 1,000 grafts. I mainly want to tie in the edges of the crown which are still thin. I use concealer to make it look good, but if it’s can get away with using a lot less I’ll be happy. I think I’ve got about 1,500 grafts to play with.

I wouldn’t say that’s wasting grafts tbh, the rest of your hair looks great, your crown could easily be left, but if it eliminates the hassle of having to apply hair fibres every day and gives you more confidence then go for it imo. You thinking diep again or are you debating somewhere else?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hairman22 said:

dr wong would be best for the crown i think

I met with Dr. Wong two years ago. Great  guy, I agree he’s very good. 

View my thread

• Administrators

Thought I’d take a comparison shot for you guys. Picture taken in the same place slightly different lighting. 5 years difference.

5FA9CBE3-AB48-43F7-B14A-26B6195D8B13.jpeg

• Like 2

View my thread

Melvin what do you think about dermarolling with Minoxidil? I’ve been using Minoxidil for years but am wondering if I’d get any improvements if I started dermarolling before applying it. My opinion is no.

38 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thought I’d take a comparison shot for you guys. Picture taken in the same place slightly different lighting. 5 years difference.

5FA9CBE3-AB48-43F7-B14A-26B6195D8B13.jpeg

Fantastic results! 

Great example for those questioning if HT’s last.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I had the same issue with edges (halo) around my crown being annoyingly thin even at 11 months post my HT procedure, and I mean had in the past tense as it has nicely filled in thanks to Microneedling, minox foam, Nizoral. Recently was at a family event and some thought I had a 2nd ht to fill in my crown haha

Photo from yesterday by window in daylight. 

92CA5E4B-3A02-4BB8-949E-4C8279B7F805.jpeg

And 2nd Photo what my crown looked like pre-1,500 grafts by ASMED & Microneedling/Minoxidil/Nizoral

2793F9CD-D6C6-4AE7-BE04-C0841E31BF81.jpeg

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Like 1

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I had the same issue with edges (halo) around my crown being annoyingly thin even at 11 months post my HT procedure, and I mean had in the past tense as it has nicely filled in thanks to Microneedling, minox foam, Nizoral. Recently was at a family event and some thought I had a 2nd ht to fill in my crown haha

Photo from yesterday by window in daylight. 

92CA5E4B-3A02-4BB8-949E-4C8279B7F805.jpeg

And 2nd Photo what my crown looked like pre-1,500 grafts by ASMED & Microneedling/Minoxidil/Nizoral

2793F9CD-D6C6-4AE7-BE04-C0841E31BF81.jpeg

Holy crap!! That's amazing, what size dermaroller do you use, mind posting the link here. I have doubted the effects, but damn hard to argue with this evidence right here.

• Like 1

View my thread

21 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Holy crap!! That's amazing, what size dermaroller do you use, mind posting the link here. I have doubted the effects, but damn hard to argue with this evidence right here.

Thanks! Yeah, I’m pretty stoked at the progress, I was doubtful myself but have seen others with good progress is what convinced me.

I don’t use a roller I use a Dr Pen A6 with disposable cartridges (12-needle cartridge), you can find it on Amazon or slightly cheaper on eBay from reputable sellers, it’s around $90 for the pen (wireless and comes with 2 chargeable batteries) and extra cartridges are about 10 for $10. I use a cartridge 2 or 3 times then toss in the trash (leave it soaking in rubbing alcohol so as to kill any germs)

oh and what’s great about using the Pen and cartridges is that you can adjust the needle length as short or as long (up to 2.5mm) as you like rather than buying multiple roller sizes.

I use the 2mm size once every 7-10 days and 0.5-0.75mm every third night.

Edited by CosmoKramer

• Administrators

@CosmoKramer Thanks man I'm gonna buy it and test it out. How long do you dermaroll for?

• Like 1

View my thread

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow it’s been 4 years! 

Time flies wanted to update you guys with some quick pics in direct sunlight and in daylight room lighting. Is it perfect? No but this procedure has completely changed my life. Sometimes hair greed creeps in and makes me want another procedure, maybe 🤔 stay tuned 😬

5FC09C9D-7290-4E3F-ACF6-2BF793669079.jpeg

5C1BB44E-0DEE-4226-A8AE-105EE86678E8.jpeg

BE1CB02B-34E7-4B63-94EA-8DBFE9EE2692.jpeg

Man, your hair looks so good!

So happy for you, and a little jealous, i'll admit.

Great to see some longer results, showing that good transplants truly can last.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Greg_Swanson said:

Man, your hair looks so good!

So happy for you, and a little jealous, i'll admit.

Great to see some longer results, showing that good transplants truly can last.

Thanks man, yea it's been a little over 5 years since my first transplant, and I don't take finasteride lol

View my thread

53 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@CosmoKramer Thanks man I'm gonna buy it and test it out. How long do you dermaroll for?

You’re welcome!

I use the pen probably for around 15-20 minutes on the 2mm needle session since I’m microneedling my whole scalp and temple corners, for the 0.75mm every 3rd night I probably microneedle for 10 min also whole scalp and gently. I also spray my scalp with cold water before (so hair doesn’t get tangled up) and after to clean rinse off. I wait about 1-2 hours then apply Kirkland minoxidil foam 5%.

Yeah, give it a try and it just might be good in conjunction with PRP that you’ve mentioned you were going to try.

Save the 1,000 grafts for any filling in down the road 😉

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

You’re welcome!

I use the pen probably for around 15-20 minutes on the 2mm needle session since I’m microneedling my whole scalp and temple corners, for the 0.75mm every 3rd night I probably microneedle for 10 min also whole scalp and gently. I also spray my scalp with cold water before (so hair doesn’t get tangled up) and after to clean rinse off. I wait about 1-2 hours then apply Kirkland minoxidil foam 5%.

Yeah, give it a try and it just might be good in conjunction with PRP that you’ve mentioned you were going to try.

Save the 1,000 grafts for any filling in down the road 😉

I've been wrestling with the idea of having another procedure. One of the perks of working for the forum is I have access to the best hair transplant surgeons in the world literally. But to be honest, if I would've shown myself a picture of myself today, to me 5 years ago. I probably would've been ecstatic. I try and remember my humble beginnings. I mean I have it good, a little concealer and my hair looks like a million bucks.

View my thread

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I've been wrestling with the idea of having another procedure. One of the perks of working for the forum is I have access to the best hair transplant surgeons in the world literally. But to be honest, if I would've shown myself a picture of myself today, to me 5 years ago. I probably would've been ecstatic. I try and remember my humble beginnings. I mean I have it good, a little concealer and my hair looks like a million bucks.

I hear ya, and that’s great and if that’s what you want then go for it, I would say the same for me as you say about showing yourself a photo of you to day to you years ago, even I can’t deny my hair greed is real haha...tho since our grafts are limited I wanted to give this microneedling/minoxidil combo a try and at that family event I for the first time didn’t feel self-conscious about my crown, felt good.