3,900 grafts Norwood 6/7 Dr. Diep

• Administrators

Thanks guys, looking forward to the next 7 months, even if it doesn't get any better, I haven't had a hairline like this since I was 23, chestnut I cut my own hair :)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Thanks romp hope all is well with you, heading up on three months right.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hey bud, thanks for sharing. You hit on some big topics beyond your own specifics.

Question- when you refer to your donor quality, does that include the back of your head as well as the sides? I dont see doctors access the sides very often even though they are DHT resistant too. Just curious.

• Administrators
Hey bud, thanks for sharing. You hit on some big topics beyond your own specifics.

Question- when you refer to your donor quality, does that include the back of your head as well as the sides? I dont see doctors access the sides very often even though they are DHT resistant too. Just curious.

By donor quality I meant my hair characteristics i.e thickness and caliber, I consistently see H&W include the sides below the lateral humps, generally most doctors stay away from that area because if you're a norwood 7 that area will bald, but in my opinion in most cases if you're destined to be norwood 7 or norwood 6 you would reach it by 30. Of course this is not set in stone and MPB is unpredictable, but most of the time this is the case.

Ht soon your results so far are amazing Just wish this doctor if he paid attention more to bedside manor and after care he would clearly be one of the best there is.

It's a shame really, even though I love my result so far, I still wouldn't go back, I get alot of PM's of guys asking me about this clinic, there is no doubt he's a skilled surgeon with a good eye for what looks good aesthetically, but the aftercare and bedside manner just isn't there. If results are all that matter it's a good clinic to go too, but if you happen to be an unlucky patient who gets a bad result because even the best doctors have bad cases, good luck getting help afterward.

ya htsoon I'm 10 weeks today. So far so good. The progress is slow but steady each week it looks better. Very tempted to stop buzzing it soon so that is a good sign.

Stop buzzing it, trust me, start letting it grow out, the sooner you start letting it grow the sooner you can enjoy your new hair, if you have to wear a hat for the next month its fine, once month 4 hits, that's when things really start picking up.

View my thread

Ht soon your results so far are amazing Just wish this doctor if he paid attention more to bedside manor and after care he would clearly be one of the best there is.

It's a shame really, even though I love my result so far, I still wouldn't go back, I get alot of PM's of guys asking me about this clinic, there is no doubt he's a skilled surgeon with a good eye for what looks good aesthetically, but the aftercare and bedside manner just isn't there. If results are all that matter it's a good clinic to go too, but if you happen to be an unlucky patient who gets a bad result because even the best doctors have bad cases, good luck getting help afterward.

I have booked a skype consultation with Dr Diep so this is a little worrying. From the results I have seen he and his team really know how to perfect a natural hairline. What made you go with him - was it based purely on results like you said? End of the day, whilst it's great to have all the best aftercare in the world, I think everyone would choose a great result and average care over an average result and great care.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Here are a series of photos that depict everyday situations, one photo in the office lighting, some photos in indoor house lighting, and the other photo outside facing the sun harsh lighting, all in all i'm thrilled so far, my right side is still lagging a little bit, but its only noticeable in harsh light like facing the sun, in most situations you can't tell.

Also, the last pictures are what my hair looked like at 2 months and three months for comparison, I had some shockloss and it looked bad, but things turn around quickly you just gotta be patient happy growing and happy new year gents here's to more hair in 2016 cheers:D

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

View my thread

Wait, the very last picture is month 2 and the top is month 5.5?

This touches on something I recently asked but nobody touched on----that newly transplanted hair seems to have a mind of its own, seemingly growing at much quicker or slower rates when growth first initiates when compared to native hair. I very rarely see the recipient hair grow at the same exact pace as native. Is this a known phenomenon? It doesnt seem to be discussed much.

Seems like that's been your experience. Wow dude. Just a great growth spurt.

Edited by esrec

• Administrators
It's amazing how far you have come. Your results are fantastic in my opinion. You still have a lot of time for this to improve even fuller. Happy for you bro.

Appreciate the kind words, an even fuller result would be a dream but im happy either way.

Wait, the very last picture is month 2 and the top is month 5.5?

This touches on something I recently asked but nobody touched on----that newly transplanted hair seems to have a mind of its own, seemingly growing at much quicker or slower rates when growth first initiates when compared to native hair. I very rarely see the recipient hair grow at the same exact pace as native. Is this a known phenomenon? It doesnt seem to be discussed much.

Seems like that's been your experience. Wow dude. Just a great growth spurt.

The very last picture is actually me at three months, the second to last picture was me at 2 months, that's exactly correct, I think the reason why my native and transplanted hair grew at the same rate was because I suffered pretty bad shock loss, so essentially both my native and transplanted hair entered the anagen phase at the same time. I also just like to illustrate the fact that at month (3) I looked terrible no visible growth, with in 2.5 months my look has completely changed, just gotta be patient. I've been lucky in the sense that i'm not a slow grower, so I don't want anyone to feel discouraged if they're at 5.5 months and not seeing equal growth, everybody's growth rate is different patience is key which is the hardest part.

View my thread

Really remarkable uptick in pace. Not just overage coverage but the rate at which it grew for you from month 3 to 5.5. Like I said, its rarely talked about when people preach to be patient, but it can really sneak up on you.

I'm at 3 months as of tomorrow. There's slow weeks and fast weeks. I know I look at it carefully, but I'm sure its unlike the native pace. Anyway, just another interesting side effect.

Really happy for your progress.

That's looking killer at the moment HTsoon. You must be delighted. You still have some thickening up to come but if it was to stop right there it looks great. It's encouraging for many to see how u looked at 3 months and then to see it at 5.5 just goes to show things can improve dramatically frm 3 - 6 months

• Administrators
That's looking killer at the moment HTsoon. You must be delighted. You still have some thickening up to come but if it was to stop right there it looks great. It's encouraging for many to see how u looked at 3 months and then to see it at 5.5 just goes to show things can improve dramatically frm 3 - 6 months

Thanks romp, yea things can pick up quickly within a matter of 2 months, that's why its key to not get discouraged, some guys experience growth spurts at 4-5 months and other guys at 7-8 months, but the key is to remain patient, i've been lucky to be honest hitting the growth spurt so early. How are things coming along you're at 3.5 months right?

View my thread

I'm approaching 3 months at the end of this week. I'm happy with what early growth iv seen so far but really hope it picks up frm month 3 to month 4. Iv no reason to believe that it won't but of course u always have doubt when u are impatient. My 1 week post op hair which I was so excited lookin at seems like a distant memory. I Just need to hang in there and look at the likes of yourself as encouragement that results do come

Thanks romp, yea things can pick up quickly within a matter of 2 months, that's why its key to not get discouraged, some guys experience growth spurts at 4-5 months and other guys at 7-8 months, but the key is to remain patient, i've been lucky to be honest hitting the growth spurt so early. How are things coming along you're at 3.5 months right?

Congrats HTsoon:

Very nice growth and thanks for the updates. 12 weeks and 2 days post op here - the recipient hair growth is starting to pick up. I am noticing that their growth direction is all across the board, especially in my temporal points which I hope will right itself and straighten out with more time.

• Administrators
Congrats HTsoon:

Very nice growth and thanks for the updates. 12 weeks and 2 days post op here - the recipient hair growth is starting to pick up. I am noticing that their growth direction is all across the board, especially in my temporal points which I hope will right itself and straighten out with more time.

So your just shy of 3 months, do you have a thread? I'd like to see some photos, I don't know why hairs would be growing in every which direction, maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but when I picture that I'm picturing the hair angles being placed wrong. But I'd have to see the photos, it could be that the sparseness of the growth makes it look this way, I wouldn't worry you're still in the ugly duckling stage. Hair growth should be coming soon, I recommend looking at this by month instead of weeks you'll drive yourself crazy doing that.

View my thread

So your just shy of 3 months, do you have a thread? I'd like to see some photos, I don't know why hairs would be growing in every which direction, maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but when I picture that I'm picturing the hair angles being placed wrong. But I'd have to see the photos, it could be that the sparseness of the growth makes it look this way, I wouldn't worry you're still in the ugly duckling stage. Hair growth should be coming soon, I recommend looking at this by month instead of weeks you'll drive yourself crazy doing that.

Appreciate the feedback HTsoon and you are correct in interpreting my description - I'm slightly concerned about the angle of the implanted graft particularly in my temporal regions. Hoping this is just unruly early growth, as I see some emerging temporal hairs that are pointing north instead of south. I also experienced very early growth, first noticed stubbles emerging at the 8 week mark from the new hairline and beyond.

I did not start a thread as I decided on getting a HT to improve a naturally high hairline rather than to cosmetically correct MPB so didn't it would be broadly applicable to the forum. I did take some pics pre-op and post-op and at various time frames. Didn't want to hijack your thread so did not post them here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
That looks great, especially when you take into account where you were at the start. Is this a one pass? if so the density is really good!

Thank you for the kind words, yea the hair line was one pass, I'm going to do the crown sometime this year, and maybe do a second pass for the midscalp.

View my thread