Review for Dr. Konior

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be coming in nicely. Plenty more to come!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

How long was the wait? Like did you have to set up the procedure months and head of time because he was busy? And how much did it cost if you don't mind let us know ?

He's gonna be booked up for months. You may get a cancellation but that's rare. That's because he's a great surgeon.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 3 months later...
Was it fue or fut and what did you pay?

Trying to get a handle on costs.

Also, what day or month post op was the pic taken?

Thanks.

I wish there was more price transparency among all HT doctors. It would be 1 thing I'd ding Konior on and it's hard to ding him for anything. You can find prices on Shapiro and H&W right on site etc. Rahal I found on the website recently from the lead office person who posts here often.

Of the "big 4" Konior is the most expensive for FUT. If you go north of 3000 grafts a rough estimate is Konior is $1K more than Shapiro will be. And Shapiro is about $1K more than both H&W and Rahal (Rahal is on Canadian dollar pricing so it will be an advantage to US clients at this point).

So Konior is 1K more than Shapiro and 2K more than those other 2 clinics. I also believe H&W and Shapiro give out of state discounts for travel from $500 to $1000 so that further reduces their pricing for most of their clients.

That said of the 4, I believe Konior is the only one who does all the placements himself. So one can decide if the extra $2000 for say a 3000+ procedure is worth the doctor doing it all. He is also at a good age (I think early 50s) where I wouldnt be concerned with him fatiguing from doing it all in a 12 hr session - whereas in say 8-10 yrs I might be. It is going to be something to consider down the road as other doctors can take mental & physical breaks while their techs do the placement. But for now I think he is in machine beast mode age.

Honestly I didnt even meet the techs at Konior office who do the splitting - which is sort of funny compared to how involved they are with just about every other clinic. I saw 2 walk in when I was about to lay down and that's it. They work in an alcove off the main surgery room but a wall separates it so you don't even see them. Granted with the valium you are asleep for most of it as well. He did have 7 of them for my size surgery so I assume they just do the splicing and then most go home earlier in the surgery as Dr. K is the one doing the implanting.

The guys in belgium are significantly cheaper at this time for similar size procedure (closer to $10K FUT) due to exchange rate btw dollar and euro - whereas 2 years ago with exchange rate they were comparable to the top U.S. docs.

With FUE everyone is more expensive but again Belgium docs are significantly cheaper and aside from Rahal they do a lot more focus on FUE over there.

Also should note there are very good docs not as often discussed here such as Gabel. Not sure on his pricing as he is also another who doesn't post on website.

Sorry to hijack thread MichiganMatt - I am amazed you got 80% of grafts as me but in such a tight space. Going to be a home run.

Edited by thisguy1

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

How long was the wait? Like did you have to set up the procedure months and head of time because he was busy? And how much did it cost if you don't mind let us know ?

He is booked out for many months, I'd estimate 5-6 on a rolling basis.

And based on what Tom (office mgr) told me they only accept about 50% of interested clients. So basically he is booked out that many months only accepting half the people who want to be seen by him. Who knows how accurate that is but that is what I was told - I was taken aback by that actually.

Tom also told me he wouldn't be working Mondays anymore so that might be tightening up his schedule go forward, but he did work the Monday I was in so maybe that is something that takes affect later in the year. Again can only go off what was told to me.

p.s. I think him only accepting half this clients might contribute some to his lack of bad results. I would assume if he doesn't see he can truly do a bang up job he won't do the job. I was pretty shocked to hear that figure from Tom because I came in from out of town and only had an online consult which can only show so much so I assume there must be people who fly in from out of town and upon closer inspection they don't do work on. :rolleyes:

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 4 weeks later...

It is pretty clear if your name is Matt and you live anywhere in the world you should be going to Konior. I've seen quite a few Matts now with big results from this doctor!

NW 5A to 6.

• 2 months later...

Just had my procedure done about 3 days ago.

He also thought he would only need 2100 grafts but then ended up using 2920 . I'm at very excited but a I'm Lil worried.. hope my results are has good has yours and I ended up paying the same as you .