Goodbye And Thanks For The Memories...

JoeTillman

Earlier this year I announced that I was becoming independent in the hair transplant industry. I wanted to be in a position where I have more freedom to create positive change in the industry and to do that I cannot work for one clinic. “Independent” does not mean not working with clinics. If that were the case I’d have to charge patients for my time, which I do not believe in. Being independent means I am in a position to dictate whom I will work with on my terms and that my livelihood is not dependent on toting one single company line. I have my opinions and if they are different from any clinic I work with, not for, I will be under no pressure to change my opinion in order to maintain a steady paycheck. While I have learned immensely from H&W and Dr. Rahal as well as the many other surgeons I've had the pleasure of meeting and watch perform surgery I felt it was time to put my unique experience to work in new ways.

When I first started working on my own I simply continued posting on the forums as I always have but with more freedom. My first rule was to never charge patients for my advice even with multiple offers of compensation for my time. I just can't do that. Soon I started receiving emails from doctors, some on this site, some on others, asking me what it would take to "be affiliated" with me. I did not want to have a list of doctors paying to be affiliated with me just for the sake of being affiliated with me but I was getting these inquiries nonetheless. Instead, I want a list of doctors that I can actively work with, one on one, to improve the patient experience. To do this I can't have a large list of doctors like which is found on the Hair Transplant Network as I have to keep my list much smaller in order to be effective. There are 68 doctors listed in total here and 37 of them are Coalition Members while 31 are only “recommended.” My goals are far less ambitious in scope.

So what is it that I do? On the forums, I simply post and share my experience and knowledge with others. I have no plans of changing this because I enjoy the interaction and I enjoy helping others. I simply know far too much to not share it with whoever can benefit. Off the forums I work with clinics to improve every aspect of the patient experience that can be changed for the better. One of the criteria I look for in a doctor is his ability to accept constructive criticism and recommendations on how to be better. Ego is the enemy of change because once a doctor is not open to considering options for improvements, be it with his surgical technique or with his patient care policies, then he will stagnate and eventually become irrelevant and the industry will pass him by and any efforts to rectify this winds up being a game of “catch up”. So yes, I have criteria for doctors I work with. They obviously have to do very good work and have proper policies, just like everyone else, but I look for things that no one else looks for and some of these things cannot be seen without being in a doctor’s clinic first hand.

I also work with clinics on how to interact with patients online, but more importantly, how not to interact with patients online. There is a lot of thought and consideration that should go into each and every public interaction and this is something that I know a lot about and I have clinics asking me how they can be better in this respect.

What I’m doing is helping clinics to be better. Better with their customer service and better with their online presence and for me to work with someone I have to like their attitude, the way they do business and the way they perform surgery. The last part is especially critical because I know what to look for that may compromise the cleanliness or safety of a procedure. I’ve seen what infections look like on recipient and donor scalps. I’ve seen what causes these infections. I’ve seen MRSA, I’ve seen necrosis and I’ve seen everything in between and because of this I have a strong eye for what is considered “improper” when it comes to cleanliness protocols. I’ve also had a lot of training in this arena as I first started working in hospital environments over twenty years ago debriding skin tissue on burn victims. Burn victims are among the most susceptible of patients to infection. This is a HUGE issue for me because when you see patients get bad results because of a lingering infection that could have been prevented then everyone loses. When you see life altering infections develop because someone was too damned arrogant to wear a mask during surgery then those are real problems and I can’t work with clinics like that. THAT is why I can’t just work with anyone that is already a member of ANY website because of any "pre-screening" process they go through. Anyone that wishes to do things right and be true to themselves have to screen or interview anyone they work with on their own and that is exactly what I’m doing.

The Problem

Currently there is an issue between me and Bill Seemiller and Pat Hennessey. I’m still not clear on what the problem(s) is because it keeps changing. When I made the announcement that Dr. Vories and I are working together Bill Seemiller chimed in to challenge why I felt the need to screen Dr. Vories after he had already been “pre-screened” by the Hair Transplant Network. Bill was offended; I apparently hurt his feelings with my “implied” insult and “contemptuous” attitude toward the community. I always found it unusual how Bill refers to "the community" when it is about him but I digress.

The thread in question is here...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180059-hair-transplant-mentor%99-dr-michael-vories.html

I never intended to insult anyone but I can’t rely on third party recommendations to determine whom I will work with. Here is part of his post where he asks me some questions.

What are your "affiliation" standards and how do they differ from our demanding standards for recommendation?

My standards are not dependent on what can be found on a clinic website while sitting at home in one’s robe or underwear. My PERSONAL requirements to work with someone starts with asking questions that cannot be answered on the clinic’s website and the questions continue once I arrive in their clinic. This is changing as I learn more as this is a position that no one has had before but as my new position grows my requirements will be more fine-tuned.

What exactly does it mean for a physician to be affiliated with Joe Tillman?

It means providing answers to the questions I ask that cannot be answered by reading a clinic website. I do have questions I have to ask that are not listed as part of a "pre-screening" process on any website, HTN or any other. I do have standards that are important to ME in order for ME to feel comfortable working with someone. Some doctors and patients feel this is valuable, Bill Seemiller thinks it is "contemptuous".

The attack on my character was only beginning. Bill Seemiller continued his assault by insulting my web traffic, implying that I have soft beliefs because I left a strip only clinic (at the time) to officially embrace FUE and that I was piggy-backing off of the work of HTN.

The first claim was that I was insulting the “pre-screening” process and then that I was “duplicating” the work of HTN and “asking doctors” to pay me for the same service(s) offered by HTN. I immediately responded to say that the pre-screening process does a good job, and I think it does for patients to get the basics but even then it is not nearly enough to make a decision on. The management of HTN always preach to research so in a sense it is what I am doing before I decide to work with someone. The two doctors I am working with currently then came on to the thread to refute Bill’s claims that I am "duplicating" the work of HTN thereby rendering any problems he has with me absolutely null and void. Based on Bill’s stated concerns the testimonials by both doctors should have ended the discussion. They did not.

The angle of attack changed. The new issue was that I was not linking back to the Hair Transplant Network from my own website and that such a link should be expected because I get so much value from HTN. The fact of the matter is that for thirteen years I’ve had a link back to HTN so this too is a moot point and for thirteen years HTN has benefitted from the content of my postings. It has been a two way street, as later suggested by Pat Hennessey himself. With the additional content I’m producing, original videos and more comprehensive postings that are not limited to upholding one clinic’s beliefs, HTN stands to gain more original content in the future. In addition, the assumption was made that I'm working with HTN doctors only because HTN has already pre-screened them so it means I'm benefitting off of their efforts, according to Bill. The truth of the matter is that I am not working off of their list. When you have 68 doctors listed there is bound to be some overlap but as of this writing I am "pre-screening" a third doctor that is not a member of the HTN so the notion that I am piggy-backing off of the work of HTN is false.

Pat Hennessey, the owner of HTN, joined the discussion and said that he understands the value of free speech and that people can have differing opinions. This is important and I agree. Pat said that he was going to contact me to discuss the issue(s) that are of concern, with additional mention of how I should have a link back to HTN. Again, this all important link has already been in existence for thirteen years but he and Bill continue to overlook this with renewed calls for a link back to HTN. It makes no sense. He then updated the thread two days later to again say that he was going to contact me to discuss these concerns. More “updates” were being given to let everyone know that they were going to contact me, multiple times, but not once did anyone from HTN think to send me a private message; an email; a smoke signal, something that would have actually been relevant. The reason why this is a big problem for me is because I see it as an embarrassment for Dr. Vories as the behavior of Bill is beyond unprofessional. When I asked Bill , pleaded even, to stop posting further in the thread he told me that I should “watch my tone”. Bill has my phone # and my email address is on file and both he and Pat know how to use private messaging so why on Earth would they continue to update ME publicly and not privately? It is because they wish to punish me for not moving Heaven and Earth to get their permission to make a living, a living that has nothing to do with them in the least; permission to do something that is not against their Terms of Service or any rules they have listed or stated. There can be no other reason for them not to communicate with me directly. Keep in mind that Bill has never had a problem contacting me in the past with regards to observations, concerns or patient activity so why has he refused to contact me on this issue as it stands?

There is one point that was brought up by a poster named “Baldingbogger” that I find particularly poignant.

I am also confused as to why these clinics need to be pre screened with a seal of approval from a non medical professional. If they are recommended here.

This is an outstanding point. As a college drop out I still have more relevant qualifications than Bill or Pat in the context of the point made above. Bill has a graduate degree in Christian counseling and Pat, I think, used to be in marketing (I could be mistaken on this). Neither have ever worked in a hair transplant clinic ( at least not in this century). They are both hair transplant patients with Pat being a patient of Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Rose and Bill being a patient of Dr. True, Dr. Hasson and Dr. Katz. This is not an insult, it is merely fact. I have worked in two of the top hair transplant clinics in the world since 2003 and have performed thousands of online and face to face consultations around the world and I’ve learned first hand about hair transplant surgery from documenting dozens and observing HUNDREDS of surgeries. My credentials are known and now so are those of Bill Seemiller and Pat Hennessey. To be clear, this isn’t a contest as they both have years of experience in their respective positions but since you brought it up, I’ll let you decide the relevance of this information and how it relates to your point. Again, this isn’t a contest, it is merely fact.

One of Bill’s problems with me is that I did not contact him to discuss my life with him. On March 24th, 2015 I wrote an email to Bill letting him know about my new website launch and my independent status. On March 26th he responded saying…

I know we've talked several times on the phone about this and I have yet to truly understand what your ultimate goal is in being independent.

The attached screenshot shows that I tried to call him on June 5th to further explain what I’m doing and that is exactly what I wanted to do, discuss what I was up to. There is a gap in the image because I removed Bill's personal cell # from the screenshot. The shown # is the business line listed on this website on the TOS page so there is no breach of privacy by posting it.

Screenshot_2015-07-07-22-50-39.png

Bill had already mentioned before privately that he did not understand what I was doing so I took time to educate him on this matter. I left a message for him to call me back yet I received no call back. If he were truly interested in what I was doing and continuing our discussion he would have called me back, emailed me or sent me a private message on the forum. He’s had almost three months to do so yet only now is he addressing the issue and he’s doing so in an unprofessional manner. HTN management has been aware of what I've been doing because of my documented emails and Bill’s own words saying that we have discussed the issue and the HTN co-moderators have commented publicly on my threads.

Pat too is perfectly able to contact me and he has thus stated (as of this writing) that he will contact me twice and Bill has reiterated this once. Three times it has been publicly stated that I will be contacted and at the time of this writing it has been seven full days since the “announcement” of eventual contact has been publicly shared yet not one word has been sent to me in any format. What can possibly be taking so long?

Had Bill or Pat reached out to me to ask what I was doing, in the privacy of a phone call or an email/private message, I’m sure they would realize that what I’m doing is not a threat but instead is a benefit to this community. It is evidenced by the overwhelming amount of support I have received from patients and clinics alike that I do have value and my plan is to add more value for everyone. At the very least something constructive may have resulted from such contact instead of the embarrassing melee seen online.

Unfortunately I cannot continue to be a part of an environment where the website that doctors pay a fee to be a part of not only fails to protect and promote it’s membership in a safe and fair manner but in fact acts against their membership when they wish to insert their “authority” in matters that do not concern them. I wish that the management did not believe that their standards should be enough for everyone, but this is about much more than that. It is about control because the fact remains that not one single forum owner outside of HTN shares the same position as Bill Seemiller and Patrick James Hennessey. No one is demanding I post special links on my website (that already exist no less). No one is demanding I do anything in fact, except to play fair, which I agree is how things should work and no other forum owner thinks “fair” means changing my own website or any other behavior that THEY deem appropriate. While I don't necessarily need forums any longer to do what I do it is nice to know that we all get along very well outside of HTN and I am welcome in their respective communities.

I’ll remind everyone that I have broken no rules and I have not violated any Terms of Service. I have only violated the degree of control in which HTN thinks they should have on me and the online hair transplant community in general. Because of this lack of vision and overwhelming paranoia I have elected to voluntarily remove myself from this counter-productive and aggressive environment.

I’ll also remind everyone reading this that up to the beginning of the thread in question there has not been a single post criticizing what I do by anyone in the HTN management and the only questions were by patients. In fact, the two co-moderators have on more than one occasion congratulated me or commented publicly on my efforts. Two critical posters that were very negative were found out to be imposters and were banned by HTN for unrelated offenses so no legitimate poster has criticized what I’m doing and have only asked fair questions. When this current issue arose one single poster by the name of “specstronic” started his new account and the only two posts that have been made by this imposter were to drag my name through the mud, in the same thread no less, that Bill and Pat are attacking me on. No legitimate poster has actually criticized or insulted me in the least. However, one of four things are going to happen after my exit.

1. More new posters or posters with few posts to their name will come out of the woodwork to try and discredit me. Even if any “seasoned” posters come out of the woodwork to criticize me, where were they before my exit? Ask yourself why this is.

2. Allegations and/or claims previously unheard may come out in an attempt to discredit me and deflect from the issue at hand. If/when this happens you should ask yourself why these allegations are only now coming to light, and not during the previous thirteen years of my tenure on this website.

3. Pat and Bill are going to say that they have been discussing what to do and how to modify policy for what it is that I do and that it why is has taken a full week with still no contact from them. My question is, if you don't understand what I'm doing then how can a new policy be implemented to address it and why is one needed to begin with? If I'm breaking no rules and the "concerns" you mentioned have been discredited and dismantled, as everyone has seen, why is a new policy needed? Further, would it not make more sense to speak to me to get clarification on what it is that I do rather than make policy based on assumptions?

4. Any new mystery posters that will appear out of nowhere to try and discredit me will not be investigated much less removed per the requirements of this site's Terms of Service. In fact, when I mentioned this to Bill he had the following to say...

...we are not required to remove any post or poster unless we choose.

So the TOS only affects posters and posts that HTN management "chooses" instead of what their TOS dictates. Six days later on July 15th, 2015 the post and the poster remain.

I wish that this move for me was not necessary but I do not believe that I can continue on this website without a giant target being painted on my back. After 13 years and thousands of posts I will admit that this is a difficult yet necessary decision. Bill and Pat will continue to try and force me to do as they wish until they deem me to be too dangerous and eventually ban me. We’ve seen it before. If it is anything like what they force member doctors to do it will involve putting their logos and links on my homepage at the very least which effectively turns my website into their own. Everything I do will be scrutinized to the micro level and it will only serve as a distraction to what I want to achieve. I have already spent far too much time on this issue as it is and there are multiple other forums that are happy to cooperate with me without so much drama and coercion.

As a final reminder, I have not embellished any issues and I have not made any exaggerations. Everything I have stated here is verifiable as fact peppered with some opinions based on evidence. There also is no violation of any rules, no breaches of any Terms of Service so any complaints or points stating otherwise are outside of the scope of the original issues and are irrelevant and anything new is simply designed to distract and discredit. Never forget this.

I wish everyone, including Bill and Pat, an excellent and safe journey to follicular salvation and ever lasting maintenance. If any of you have any questions for me, just search for me online. I’m easy to find. Just ask Bill Seemiller;)

Joe Tillman

aka "Jotronic"

Current Affiliations:

- Dr. Emre Karadeniz - Istanbul, Turkey

- Dr. Michael Vories - South Carolina, USA

- Beauty Medical/ TriAC™- Milan, Italy

-

-

So sad it has come to this Joe. I have learnt so much from your postings. Its a crying shame these issues with HTN couldnt have been worked out. I can see your points clearly though and understand why you no longer want to be a part of this forum.

Is it still ok to contact you though ?

No worries, Johnny. Of course you can contact me anytime. I'm going to be around on other forums that embrace my participation and of course on my own site. There are multiple ways to contact me.

Joe Tillman

aka "Jotronic"

Current Affiliations:

- Dr. Emre Karadeniz - Istanbul, Turkey

- Dr. Michael Vories - South Carolina, USA

- Beauty Medical/ TriAC™- Milan, Italy

-

-

.Joe,

This is so, so sad I'm gutted over this....

You have been nothing but a tower of strenth in this forum, somebody who's fair, honest & carry yourself with great humor & dignity you clearly have.

I personally was hoping that this mis communication would have been resolved privately not sure why was it not because you guys been working together for over a dacade...its a dam shame, it really is but I respect & understand why you feel to break loose as you have plenty to offer with new modern ways to communicate with clinics & pts alike.

Joe this forum IMO has lost a Legend a Messi of hairloss suffers & will wish you well for your next step & you have plenty , plenty to offer.

Joe keep your chin up, & don't short change yourself, your better than that.

Good luck Joe....Ya a Legend.

• Administrators

Joe,

Hard to imagine how my response to this controversy (see below at the bottom of this post) would be considered an "attack" by you or anyone. I was actually making a good faith effort to reach a positive resolution and unruffled feathers.

I had every intention of calling you. But I felt the need to come to an understanding with Bill, Blake and David before calling you. I also thought that the telephone would be more interactive and personal than email. But apparently you have chosen to move on before we could discuss this and potentially work things out. So in an effort to set the record straight I've responded to your publicly posted claims and "The Problem" as you define it below.

Joe, I specifically asked you why on the "Forum" page of your website you did not provide a link to our forum for those visiting your website so that they could benefit from accessing the depth of information our forum provides, including your posts. At the time I asked this you had no forum on your "Forum" page and only had a description stating the dangers of forums and that you had no intention of running one. We have inbound links to the Hair Transplant Network from hundreds of websites. So a link on a back page was not what I was inquiring about.

Regarding my qualifications I have a masters degree in journalism, which is perhaps why I've defended the right of patients to express their genuine concerns on this forum in over 13 legal battles. In addition to being a patient, over the past 15 years I've visited well over 50 of the world's leading hair restoration clinics to observe and document their procedures and I've attended over 15 international hair restoration conferences and actually sponsored three Coalition weekend workshops for free in the interest of furthering ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation.

But ultimately what makes the recommendations valid is not any one person's opinion but rather the collective wisdom and feedback on physicians from thousands of patients going back over 15 years, along with input surveyed from the leading physicians already recommended.

In addition, physicians who are recommended are required to provide consistent results as monitored by patient feedback on this forum and in private messages. We have removed over five physicians over the past ten years for not performing up to pare. Ironically two of them sued us to have their recommendations reinstated and lost in court.

It's not a perfect system. But creating such accountability, transparency and standards has elevated the world of hair restoration and provided safe/optimal results for thousands of patients. It's also enabled physicians who do great work and who are willing to be accountable online a very cost effective way to grow their practices and educate their patients.

Joe, I do appreciate the many ways you helped grow this online community, up hold high standards and help patients. Frankly, I think we could have served the patient community better working together to build on what already exists rather than apart. That was what I wanted to discuss on the phone.

I think you will learn that there is far more work behind the scenes in running a community than meets the eye - including legal expenses to enable patient free speech, technical issues, personal issues etc. Best wishes in serving patients where ever you land.

Onwards and Upwards, Patrick Hennessey - Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network.com

My post on this issue with Joe (07-08-2015, 10:37 PM), other than a couple of one or two sentence updates letting Joe know I intended to call him and thanking posters for their input -

"Recoprocity and working together to improve this community.

It pains me to read this topic. I remember when this community was begun by me in the late 90's when there was much need for improved techniques, accountability and transparency.

Thanks to the vast compassion and sharing of thousands of patients, ethical and skilled physicians and staff and dedicated patient advocates like Joe, Bill and many many others this community established the highest standards in hair restoration and helped thousands of patients distinguish between hype and real patient satisfaction. Together with physicians committed to the very best care we all collectively raised the standards for care and online accountability.

Some physicians who received poor reviews or who had their recommendation suspended sued us to either have the poor reviews under the rug or to be reinstated. As a community we held together and stood behind the right of patients to make critical posts when genuine and we prevailed every time in over 13 major law suits over 15 years that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

All for the right of "free" speech and transparency. So I believe in the right of free speech when it is genuine and will fight for it. I believe everyone has a right to their genuine opinions on treatments and physicians.

I also believe in reciprocity and working together in cooperation. Joe has benefited from his association with this community as we have from his involvement. Yet on his website where he discusses forums he makes no reference to this forum community nor does he provide a link to it for the benefit of any visitors on his site. Why?

We've worked for years to establish a community where only physicians who have been reviewed and screened are formally promoted to the public. In resoproclty to meet our expenses ranging from defending patient free speech, numerous conferences, over 50 visits to leading clinics world wide to document surgeries, technical programing, servers etc etc we do require these clinics to pay a sponsorship fee that is affordable relative to the benefits to them and their patients. This has worked well for patients and leading physicians for well over a decade and saved clinics vast amounts in advertising expenses.

Ideally I would like to see us all work cooperatively to provide the very best resources and recommendations. I know that with techniques and physicians changing that researching and presenting the very best is a constant process. I would like to improve this process.

I will soon be reaching out to this community to enlist knowledgeable help with this process and in providing additional patient support. Those who do help us improve our recommendations and services will be generously rewarded. Running this community is a big job and we could use more dedicated help.

I welcome this community's input on how we can work together to make this community optimal for all. Those who have an interest in such work are welcome to email me directly at pat@mediavisionsonline.com and let me know how you can make this community better, part time or full time.

Let's move past division and work together synergistically for the greater good of patients and the clinics who are committed to giving them the very best. There is plenty of to go around, including the work, if we pull together to build on what has already been built with this community.

Onwards and Upwards, Patrick Hennessey (the original "Recovering Bald Guy" :-)"

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Joe,

Hard to imagine how my response to this controversy (see below at the bottom of this post) would be considered an "attack" by you or anyone. I was actually making a good faith effort to reach a positive resolution and unruffled feathers.

I had every intention of calling you. But I felt the need to come to an understanding with Bill, Blake and David before calling you. I also thought that the telephone would be more interactive and personal than email. But apparently you have chosen to move on before we could discuss this and potentially work things out. So in an effort to set the record straight I've responded to your publicly posted claims and "The Problem" as you define it below.

Joe, I specifically asked you why on the "Forum" page of your website you did not provide a link to our forum for those visiting your website so that they could benefit from accessing the depth of information our forum provides, including your posts. At the time I asked this you had no forum on your "Forum" page and only had a description stating the dangers of forums and that you had no intention of running one. We have inbound links to the Hair Transplant Network from hundreds of websites. So a link on a back page was not what I was inquiring about.

Regarding my qualifications I have a masters degree in journalism, which is perhaps why I've defended the right of patients to express their genuine concerns on this forum in over 13 legal battles. In addition to being a patient, over the past 15 years I've visited well over 50 of the world's leading hair restoration clinics to observe and document their procedures and I've attended over 15 international hair restoration conferences and actually sponsored three Coalition weekend workshops for free in the interest of furthering ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation.

But ultimately what makes the recommendations valid is not any one person's opinion but rather the collective wisdom and feedback on physicians from thousands of patients going back over 15 years, along with input surveyed from the leading physicians already recommended.

In addition, physicians who are recommended are required to provide consistent results as monitored by patient feedback on this forum and in private messages. We have removed over five physicians over the past ten years for not performing up to pare. Ironically two of them sued us to have their recommendations reinstated and lost in court.

It's not a perfect system. But creating such accountability, transparency and standards has elevated the world of hair restoration and provided safe/optimal results for thousands of patients. It's also enabled physicians who do great work and who are willing to be accountable online a very cost effective way to grow their practices and educate their patients.

Joe, I do appreciate the many ways you helped grow this online community, up hold high standards and help patients. Frankly, I think we could have served the patient community better working together to build on what already exists rather than apart. That was what I wanted to discuss on the phone.

I think you will learn that there is far more work behind the scenes in running a community than meets the eye - including legal expenses to enable patient free speech, technical issues, personal issues etc. Best wishes in serving patients where ever you land.

Onwards and Upwards, Patrick Hennessey - Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network.com

My post on this issue with Joe (07-08-2015, 10:37 PM), other than a couple of one or two sentence updates letting Joe know I intended to call him and thanking posters for their input -

"Recoprocity and working together to improve this community.

It pains me to read this topic. I remember when this community was begun by me in the late 90's when there was much need for improved techniques, accountability and transparency.

Thanks to the vast compassion and sharing of thousands of patients, ethical and skilled physicians and staff and dedicated patient advocates like Joe, Bill and many many others this community established the highest standards in hair restoration and helped thousands of patients distinguish between hype and real patient satisfaction. Together with physicians committed to the very best care we all collectively raised the standards for care and online accountability.

Some physicians who received poor reviews or who had their recommendation suspended sued us to either have the poor reviews under the rug or to be reinstated. As a community we held together and stood behind the right of patients to make critical posts when genuine and we prevailed every time in over 13 major law suits over 15 years that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

All for the right of "free" speech and transparency. So I believe in the right of free speech when it is genuine and will fight for it. I believe everyone has a right to their genuine opinions on treatments and physicians.

I also believe in reciprocity and working together in cooperation. Joe has benefited from his association with this community as we have from his involvement. Yet on his website where he discusses forums he makes no reference to this forum community nor does he provide a link to it for the benefit of any visitors on his site. Why?

We've worked for years to establish a community where only physicians who have been reviewed and screened are formally promoted to the public. In resoproclty to meet our expenses ranging from defending patient free speech, numerous conferences, over 50 visits to leading clinics world wide to document surgeries, technical programing, servers etc etc we do require these clinics to pay a sponsorship fee that is affordable relative to the benefits to them and their patients. This has worked well for patients and leading physicians for well over a decade and saved clinics vast amounts in advertising expenses.

Ideally I would like to see us all work cooperatively to provide the very best resources and recommendations. I know that with techniques and physicians changing that researching and presenting the very best is a constant process. I would like to improve this process.

I will soon be reaching out to this community to enlist knowledgeable help with this process and in providing additional patient support. Those who do help us improve our recommendations and services will be generously rewarded. Running this community is a big job and we could use more dedicated help.

I welcome this community's input on how we can work together to make this community optimal for all. Those who have an interest in such work are welcome to email me directly at pat@mediavisionsonline.com and let me know how you can make this community better, part time or full time.

Let's move past division and work together synergistically for the greater good of patients and the clinics who are committed to giving them the very best. There is plenty of to go around, including the work, if we pull together to build on what has already been built with this community.

Onwards and Upwards, Patrick Hennessey (the original "Recovering Bald Guy" :-)"

I'm sorry Pat, can you please just pick up the phone and give Joe a call? It would be a travesty to see him go. You are both grown adults, yet I think this has gotten absolutely ridiculous.

Joe, same to you, can you just pick up your phone and give Pat or Bill another call??? I know you are upset he never returned your call, but be a bigger man and try him again. I don't see a reason why not to.

C'mon guys, this is not grade school for crying out loud.

As someone who has been involved in online business, including ones that have taken advertiser revenue and also had communities, these are my thoughts.

HRN makes a ton of money from advertisers (clinics), and Joe starting his own site and working with clinics himself is cutting into their pie. Since Joe has a lot of experience in this industry, he could start a forum on his site, and maybe offer some services that HRN could not offer. Maybe it's in the form of doctors he is working with participating on his site more actively, I don't know. What it comes down to is that he is competition.

I know business is business, but the people that will ultimately pay the price from someone being alienated here, or leaving because they are clashing with eachother are the patients.

If both parties involved truly care about what they are doing, they will come to some sort of a resolution so that information is more accessible to people doing research on what steps they are going to take.

Maybe that means that you both link to eachothers site under a "resources" section. Maybe you both can squash this beef and nobody has to leave. With the amount of money that clinics are making, I'm sure there is more than enough for everyone involved. Try and work it out.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

I agree with the other posters. I do hope you can work it out. Joe is an invaluable person to have on this site. His posts and thoughts are always well balanced and full of experience.

I know business is business, but the people that will ultimately pay the price from someone being alienated here, or leaving because they are clashing with eachother are the patients.
Bingo.

Guys, you just need to talk it out on the phone for a bit. Let's try to get along. Were all here to help each other, and Joe does help.

It would be a sad sad time to loose such a valuable person on this site. i really do hope you two come to an agreement that suites you both and the community because myself have learned a lot from joe weather it be from him posting stuff or posting videos he always opened my eyes to certain things which is invaluable to the future patient.

Gentlemen, I would hate to see this issue end here and now - not when the embers are burning. Emotions are a very volatile part of negotiations. I would like to think that after a bit of additional cooling off and good faith discussion amongst the key players, everyone can get together and hammer out an equitable solution to some issues that are clearly beyond the scope and knowledge of a lot of us.

I don't know the financial and fiduciary obligations that Pat and Bill have here; and I also don't know what Joe's ultimate vision is in the way of an income producing machine. And I actually don't need to know.

The guy on the street sees Joe as a resource and Pat and Bill as a resource. And actually, we - the great unwashed - don't really need to know the mechanisms of the relationships - we just need a place to seek, learn, and share.

This industry is still in some ways the wild west, still with unwritten rules and laws - which is good because you guys are the pioneers. Maybe a friendly poker game over some scotch is in order.

I'll host it.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

This is a bad day,

I still hope you can resolve this with HTN.

But if this is you leaving joe, then I'd like to wish you the best, your the original HT patient, always been there for us all, regardless of clinics we chose to go with.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Goodbye and good luck Joe. Wish you well.

By the way folks if you have seen the name Joe Tillman online on this forum, it is not him. Someone else is utilizing that account. His access has been blocked and he has no access to forum and messages (including pms) which cant be replied to. ehatever happened to confidentiality?

Goodbye and good luck Joe. Wish you well.

By the way folks if you have seen the name Joe Tillman online on this forum, it is not him. Someone else is utilizing that account. His access has been blocked and he has no access to forum and messages (including pms) which cant be replied to. ehatever happened to confidentiality?

Sean,

Can you clarify what you mean by the above? No one but Joe Tillman is using the Joe Tillman account on this forum as far as I'm aware, unless Joe provided his credentials to someone.

I've looked through his recent posts up to the last one on 7/15 and they all appear to be made by him.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Oh yep...I seen joe online also & try to PM him to say good luck for the future & just couldn't so its either his account has been closed or been hacked or both....kinda strange I thought..maybe the Mods can chime in or look into this.

Anyway joe..ill say it again Good Luck you be missed by many for sure & this forum has lost a golden nugget.

• Administrators

Guys,

I know that some are disappointed that Joe has chosen to move on. As I proposed earlier, I would have preferred that we reached an understanding in which we worked together to build upon this community rather than work apart. I'm also disappointed that Joe has chosen to disparage this community and those who manage it. Frankly, Joe's had his opportunity on this topic and others to beat his chest and make comments attempting to build himself up at the expense of others. No one is using his deactivated account. I think it's time to end this melodrama and move on.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Guys,

Pat, Dave and I were discussing concerns about Joe and how we can all work together cooperatively for several days. However, Joe in haste chose to leave this forum out of his own free will. Following his announcement, his posting privileges have been deactivated. Nobody is using his account.

I know that some people are disappointed that Joe decided to leave the forum. However, I agree with Pat, it's time to move on.

Bill