Am I a good candidate for HT?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CalvinJR,

Congratulations. Really happy that you finally pulled the trigger and got you HT done with Dr. Bhatti. I know that you researched a lot before deciding to go with Dr. Bhatti.

Wishing you all the best. Please keep sharing your updates regularly.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Calvin,

Congrats. Your hairline design looks good and nice to see that you did not bring it down too low.

Good placement and wise on your part for saving some donor for the future...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Now that looks very good for a guy your age.

Looking forward to seeing this same angle once everything grows out.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Thanks gillenator.

Wearing a hairpiece gives the advantage of experimentation with non permanent hairline designs, so I knew in advance where the placement needed to be, also the angle of the temple sides. So I just matched the non permanent hairpiece design with a permanent HT:)

No kidding? Wow, I have only seen a small number of guys use that combination of surgery in the frontal core with a system behind it.

I also know of some guys who use a system for just their crown while dedicating their grafts for the frontal third zone and mid-scalp.

And I have to say, many of them have a full head of hair and looks awesome...;)

Gillenator

After meeting Bhatti and having breakfast with him this morning I must conclude, that this guy is the real deal.. As real as they come. I give him my highest recommendations. His just a guy with extreme passion for what he does. He breathes and lives hairtransplants and the degree of details in pre and aftercare is second to none that I have experienced before. He even made a little book on do?s and dont?s in the aftercare stage (31 pages).

I will probably be going back next year for a scar revision and added density plus a bit more framing of the face if the grafts grow well. Time will tell. But I have no doubt of going to India to visit dr Batthi again that?s for sure.

Edited by David - Moderator

Congrats Calvin! Heal and grow well!

BTW, I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of Dr. Bhatti's name in your posts so people can more easily search your results.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Update: day 4, super tired. Got back yesterday. No scabs/crusts - maybe 5-10 at most. Area looks super clean. No pain in donor exept a slight tingling when resting on a pillow.

Going back next year to get scar revision plus added density using a combo of body + scalp hair, if this procedure turn out well.

Day 5: Regarding the procedure I should say, that there are around 200 singles from previous transplant in the same area and also more hairs from old transplant are growing out (just very slowly because I use to wear glue in that area, which seemingly slow down the growth for a while. But "new" old transplant hairs are coming out so I guess there should be around 400-600 hair + the transplanted ones when it all settles. That should make for around 1800 hairs in this area. I am also in the early stages of prospecting from finasterid, which my hair reacted very positively too. My hair has gotten a lot thicker, and also my beard actually. I am also getting some regrowth on the scalp. The bold part is probably bold from using glue with hairpiece, but I could not say for sure. Neither my dad nor granddad or brothers has completely thinned out on top like me, however before using hairpieces I had severe thinning in this area, so I think it would have happened no matter. The glue just speeded up things. I have also used glue on the outer perimeter of my bio hair on the skin, where I had healty strong hair. Those hairs has not been affected the slightest.

Bear in mind that some areas don?t have grafts (looks spread out), but that?s probably because I have hairs there, which is kind of hard to see at the moment. Those hairs will also strengthen when I use rogaine later on. Which I have actually never used before, also in combination with finasterid, which I have never used for more than 3 month, but now that the pills are cheaper, I am on them for good. Currently at me 5-6 month on 1 mg fin. I reckon.

• 3 weeks later...

4 weeks out. Lost 5 % hairs that went out with scabs. All other hairs seems to grow just fine. New hair from former hairtransplant grows too. I will update again when I hit 1 month. No signs of shedding so hope to avoid the ugly duck face.

• 4 weeks later...