Am I a good candidate for HT?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CalvinJR,

I think it is different for every country as I didn't need an invitation letter, just mentioning the name and address of DR. Bhatti was enough. I had to go to a center for visa application and pay cash.

They mention "or details of confirmed hotel booking/s at the places of stay in India" . Not everyone is going for an HT.

Make sure you follow what is applicable in your country for your visa before departure.

Good luck.

Yes I will:) I come from a country with highest BNP per citizen in Europe, so I thought it was strange to ask about such things... Well when the stress is settled I will reconcile and write a mail to the embassy for further details on how to apply. I will have to apply for a medical visa.

Okay I applied here:

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info1.jsp

But I was not asked to pay for it yet? Am I doing something wrong or..

yes that is a horrible pathetic sight.......

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Update:

Hi Batthi

The medical VISA is very expensive. It?s almost 10,000 INR. Also they want a letter from my own Dr. here in my country. am not sure my Dr will/can make such a letter. I will try and keep you informed.

about 10mins by car - they arrange a driver it runs like clock work, if you like butter chicken you'll their food, ive stayed there twice, its mid price range but worth it

Calvin JR,

Why don't you take a tourist visa?

agree you just apply for tourist visa, its elective surgery i dont think they need to know full details

a medical visa is in case of surgery that cannot be performed in your own country (i think)

That picture you posted of your hair piece is outstanding. I know next to nothing about the world of hair pieces and immediately associate them with the likes of people like Donald Trump. I've seen quite a few posters on this forum speak openly about their successful (and seemingly undetectable) use of hair pieces. You seem to pull it off well, and this additional HT will only help frame everything even better for you.

I think I'd be so nervous to wear a hairpiece, as I'd be terrified that people would notice. I've seen some bad ones in person, and I always think the guy would've been much better off just biting the bullet and shaving his head.... But I suppose if done right, you would never know. Very interesting indeed and it looks like a potentially viable option for people who may not be good candidates for a hair transplant.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thank?s guys... Yes, hairpieces are a science to get right.. Took me many years of struggling! And it?s still a lot of work.. But not if the hairline is transplanted. then it would be easy-piecy.

Any other suggestions on the hotels? I am arriving friday till sunday. So I guess I would need two nights? (Friday + Saturday - then check out sunday - when do I have to check out?)

don't stress the clinic can arrange all the transportation, but its india its so cheap a few dollars at most,

are you getting picked up from dehli airport or chandigarh

the drive is long 4-5hours depending time you hit dehli and tiring, but dont worry its not dangerous and yes there is air con, the roads are ok, ive caught the bus from the airport to chandigarh cost like $5 but i wouldnt do it again, the clinic can arrange a driver to pick you up from dehli airport, best easier way

I went by car for two reasons. The first was the savings and the second was that I knew I'd have very little time in India and I thought it would be a good opportunity to see some things. The clinic's driver met me at the airport and took me back.

The car I was in was brand new. Very comfy. The time really flew by because I was watching out the window the whole time just to soak up the atmosphere.

Now, having been there, done that, I'd probably opt to fly next time just to save time.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I am leaving next week. Will be in Delhi 4 AM Friday and drive to Chandigarh. Surgery will be around 10 AM. I am leaving monday morning and will be home monday. Driving to Delhi. Will be home in the evening. Got OK cheap flight ticket. 830 USD. So thats great. I will be getting around 1200 grafts. Maybe 200 more, but that I will asses when I am there.

Hi CalvinJR,

The drive will be between 4 to 5 hours depending on traffic but closer to 4 hours since you arrive in the early morning.

Check if a flight on Spicejet or Jetkonnect is not equally good?

You are in good hands and Dr. Bhatti will give you all the amount of grafts he can give you providing your donor area permits it.

Good luck to you and tell us how it went.

Okay so it?s DONE.. Had the procedure today. 1207 grafts implanted outlined as one the photo. I knew exactly how it should be, so that was a no brainer. Batthi is very kind and I like him. The girls too are very sweet and brings a great vibe to the place. Tomorrow I will be going back for a final check. I will stay here till monday morning.

Batthi thought my case was very unique due to a combination of three factors: 1. I wanted no shave, 2: I wanted to leave the top for my hairpiece, 3: I had a wide strip scar in the back.

At some point I might go for some scar revision. Is it better to spray Saline spray all night in 20 minuttes intervals and stay awake? I heard some talk about this before? I would not mind... Got made jet lag anyway..

Oh.. and the procedure started at 11 am and finished at 5.30 pm. First a consultation in Bhatti's office, pictures, expectations, introduction. Then washing the hair. Then extraction by Bhatti. 1-2 hours. Then making the slits (1 hour max). Break with food (30 min). Then placing the grafts in Bhatti's slits by three techs (maybe just two? - slept doing the process. This took 2 hours I think. Then I had to wait for 1 hour for the grafts to settle, and then Bhatti would take a look. Then we talked about aftercare, which got repeated first by the chief tech. Then Bhatti, and then the girl in the office giving me medication to take tonight.

Edited by David - Moderator