Am I a good candidate for HT?

Had transplant long time ago. Not a great result. It was strip with a unknown surgeon who did a fine job, but the density was bad.

Am I a good candidate for a FUE? Started taking propecia and minox 3 month ago so can see a bit regrowth here and there.. I eat healthy and I work out a lot. I am a very healthy guy. Don?t smoke.

My hairloss is stable. Been this was for the last 8 years. I am now mid 30thies. My dads hairloss pattern is the same and also my big brothers - except they got more hair in the middle, but overall the same type. Mom got a full head of hair.

2.png.67ccd71f29621262275f47fc017a1430.png

3.png.990b2a1f75e49de2b43681fe1a404f92.png

4.png.0e55ff4269a66b1c607729165126bcfc.png

5.png.21ab1e5117317207e4aa89ab0645c603.png

11.png.fbd7660fa5ea78254c708c2ab583b961.png

22.png.719cd2342dadc4d269148bb43ce6b7fe.png

33.png.8a0f50ef07c5647ea0652a8d599962ce.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say you had a hair transplant (FUT) before but im struggling to see where the doc put the grafts. Imo it looks like you haven't ever had one. If you dont mind me asking where did he place the grafts?

Myself i think you're a good candidate and the area isn't large as such so you wouldn't need a ton of grafts 3000-4000 grafts should look good.

Hope this helps

Im here all night haha..nar on serious note bud maybe its the camera and its not picking up the hair you got transplanted i can see some sort of hair line. Yeah i guess he didn't do a good job i think you've learned your lesson aye.. I would suggest you have a consultation with a reputable doc preferably one thats recommended on this website theres some brilliant docs on here producing some quality fue work if thats the route you want to go down.

If you click on the pictures to expand them you can see a strip of light fuzz at the hairline. It is an odd hair pattern though. I assume you normally wear a toupee? Is your plan to strengthen the transplanted hairline and continue with your toupee behind it? Or are you aiming for full coverage?

Well... I use the hairs I have and it works well... Even having so little.. So it will only be an improvement. I have pictures, but this tread is not about how I look with a hairpiece. Eventually I will post pictures post procedure, but not now.

How many grafts did you have the last HT?

from looking at your pics, you look good for a second pass but this time dude make it happen because whoever did your last HT never did you any favours thats for sure.

speak with several Top Drs, get a feel for each and everyone and go from there.

my guess is by just looking at limited pictures that you would need around 4k grafts to match your density where your at now.

its still a decent ammount to cover and keep on top of your Meds.

Yep that's piss poor for 1500 grafts can't do naff all about it now, you need to move forward & make the next HT work for you, do some research, study the form, look for consistant Drs all over the world & make it happen this time.

Keep us posted good luck buddy.

I can't see why you wouldn't be a good candidate either. You're donor area looks pretty good as well, and I'm sure a lot of the docs recommended on this site could do wonders for you. Who knows - you may even be able to get rid of the hairpiece altogether if you'd like.

I also just want to say how much I appreciate your seemingly positive attitude about the entire situation, especially considering the "piss poor results" (in the words of OnTop ;) ) you got from the first transplant. It speaks volumes about the kind of guy you are and is quite refreshing to see.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I can't see why you wouldn't be a good candidate either. You're donor area looks pretty good as well, and I'm sure a lot of the docs recommended on this site could do wonders for you. Who knows - you may even be able to get rid of the hairpiece altogether if you'd like.

I also just want to say how much I appreciate your seemingly positive attitude about the entire situation, especially considering the "piss poor results" (in the words of OnTop ;) ) you got from the first transplant. It speaks volumes about the kind of guy you are and is quite refreshing to see.

Yep great attidude to be honest, not sure how I would feel about it but you have a chance of a second bite of the cherry so onwards & upwards buddy.

Thanks guys... Ya. I have already found a recommended doc based on average succes rate. All i can say right now is i am travelling east not west. But i will reveal the name when i am on my way.

Also one note... Should I opt into this PRP thing? Anyone think PRP is overrated or mandatory today?

David the moderator: Hi David, if you read this, did you get PRP on your last procedure? (ya, I kind of gave away where I am going ups:D)

Anyway, now that it?s out there - and for those who have no idea what I am talking about, I will help you out by spelling it for you below - I just have to say, that I am super comfortable with my choosing. I have never been to this region, and it kind of freaked me out going there, for no obvious reason and the doc told me, that it is a safe place. So being tall and pale bodybuilder, I feel kind of stupid being afraid to go to a place where everyone is smaller than I and probably more afraid of me than the other way around. But thats what watching the news will do to you:D

So, if you still did not figure it out, I have chosen to see dr. Batthi. And all I can say about this guy up til this point, where we still have not met, is that his service level regarding communication and attention to details is second to none. Like I have talked with A LOT of different surgeons. Remember how long I have research this. I think I have talked multiple times on several occasions with 10-15 different surgeons ranging from Pantwa (something like that) from the far east, Pakistan, Turkey, Belgium, Spain, USA. phhhh.. Such a hard proces.

Any way, my point is, that the guy who initially made the biggest impression was

1. Dr Konior. That guy is the nicest guy. Like, I just wanted to hug him ha ha. Fast respones, super pro.

1. Dr Batthi. I actually should place batthi on first place (just changed it so they can share that place), because he is SOOO responsive, caring and just make you feel safe. He made my choice easy.

It became very obvious to me what Dr konior and batthi had to offer (and what many other very good and caring HT-docs also offers). Artistry and reputation is their main priority. And that?s what I wanted to be able to read between the lines as a dead worried future patient about to alter the most important part of the male body besides the genitals:D