2000 Grafts FUE, Concerned About Density

oxygene

Hi all,

Today is the 9th day after HT. I gently massaged the HT area while taking bath today and most of the scabs are gone. After the massage, I saw many hairs on my fingers . They were mostly just hair and there was nothing attached to them. Just a few of them were attached to scabs. Is it normal to have shedding that early on the 9th day?

I`m also very concerned about the density of the new grafts as they look a bit sparsely placed to me. I`m not expecting to have them as dense as the rest of my hair. I just want to have a hairline that will be dense enough to look natural. Do you think the density will be fine?

DSCF6119.jpg.38960d085ea26bc9c21fe6e060e2315e.jpg

DSCF6121-2.jpg.e0807e126ec97c841cb07c5057df49cb.jpg

DSCF6121.jpg.24761bc404257c106d317c30527ff972.jpg

DSCF6120.jpg.4538d6e6d9220ecab2a4a5e6f8652477.jpg

DSCF6120-2.jpg.af461a444b0d18fe3e47b39e89f63c9f.jpg

Hi all,

Today is the 9th day after HT. I gently massaged the HT area while taking bath today and most of the scabs are gone. After the massage, I saw many hairs on my fingers . They were mostly just hair and there was nothing attached to them. Just a few of them were attached to scabs. Is it normal to have shedding that early on the 9th day?

I`m also very concerned about the density of the new grafts as they look a bit sparsely placed to me. I`m not expecting to have them as dense as the rest of my hair. I just want to have a hairline that will be dense enough to look natural. Do you think the density will be fine?

Its crazy how simuler mine and your hairloss is, check out my picture.

Who did your surgery? Whas it not possible to put grafts in your thin area in the middle top of the head?

I Think it look not so dense as i would like, but hard to se because of the crusts.

image.jpg.d4aba0dfc4a0e6867225875c44048412.jpg

Its crazy how simuler mine and your hairloss is, check out my picture.

Who did your surgery? Whas it not possible to put grafts in your thin area in the middle top of the head?

I Think it look not so dense as i would like, but hard to se because of the crusts.

That's very similar. How long has it been since your HT in that picture? I won't reveal the doctor's name without seeing the result, but I can say that he is not one of those well known doctors on this forum. I also think because the rest of my hair is quite dense, it makes the HT area look worse than it is.

Hi all,

It looks like the intent could have been to mimic naturally thinner hair in those zones. Did the doctor say something? If you keep your hair that short it might look abrupt but it might blend well with longer growth.

Patience seems to be the key to these recoveries, though I don't know the science behind waiting "6 months" as is often suggested. Is that based on waiting out all possible follicle resting phases?

It looks like the intent could have been to mimic naturally thinner hair in those zones. Did the doctor say something? If you keep your hair that short it might look abrupt but it might blend well with longer growth.

Patience seems to be the key to these recoveries, though I don't know the science behind waiting "6 months" as is often suggested. Is that based on waiting out all possible follicle resting phases?

He just told me that it wouldn't be possible to get close to the density of the rest of my hair with just one session of HT. I usually keep my hair long. So I will wait at least for a year to see the final result. If It turns out to have a natural look I wouldn't bother having another HT.

Hi Oxygene. To me it does not look like 2000 grafts to be honest. If it was this amount it would be more than enough to give you density in one HT.

Who was your Dr and what was the graft count?

I don`t know if they counted the grafts but the HT area was bigger than it seems in the pictures. There were also many grafts transplanted in between the existing hair. They are not visible anymore in the pictures. Maybe that`s why it looks less than 2000 grafts.

Hi all,

Any pictures of pre op? Then it would be better to judge

No unfortunately I don't have any pre-op pictures. But I will ask for them when I contact the doctor.

Taking one's own pre-op photos seems like a good defense against malpractice, though this industry is oddly unregulated. I think unsatisfied transplantees should at least get partial if not full refunds. This is major stuff. A common issue seems to be that patients assume doctors aesthetically see the same thing they do, when "taste" may vary unexpectedly. I plan to have everything replicated on paper or screen first.

He just told me that it wouldn't be possible to get close to the density of the rest of my hair with just one session of HT. I usually keep my hair long. So I will wait at least for a year to see the final result. If It turns out to have a natural look I wouldn't bother having another HT.

Good luck with the outcome. I was going to quote some very true Tom Petty lyrics about waiting.

That's very similar. How long has it been since your HT in that picture? I won't reveal the doctor's name without seeing the result, but I can say that he is not one of those well known doctors on this forum. I also think because the rest of my hair is quite dense, it makes the HT area look worse than it is.

About 1 year i think

How long did it take to do? also who is your Dr ?

It took about 4 hours. As I said I won't reveal the doctor's name before I see the final result. I will keep the thread updated so we wil see.

It took about 4 hours. As I said I won't reveal the doctor's name before I see the final result. I will keep the thread updated so we wil see.

I just had an 1,800 FUE transplant in April and it was 2 days of work. Roughly 1,000 grafts the first day and about 800 the second. And, I had a large team (7-8 people at peak, including the doctor).

To be honest, it doesn't seem slightly possible to me for you to have had 2,000 grafts in 4 hours with FUE and, at least from the pictures, it doesn't even look remotely close to 2,000 grafts to me. Are you sure you didn't perhaps accidentally misunderstand the total?

Edited by ModernHair

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Ok guys, today is the 10th day. I gently massaged the HT area again while taking bath, and many pieces of hair ended up on my fingers just like it happened yesterday. The ones you see in the pictures below are just a small portion of the hair I lost today and yesterday. as far as I can see they are all just hair, no follicles attached to them and they all come from the HT area. Is shedding that early normal? And could that be the reason why the transplanted hair looks less dense than it should be?

IMG_1311.jpg.5ca09754dc729c3f58982fdf32e6fc2e.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg.d50d7615ed255c440b91f4914d8b9281.jpg

yep i agree, that to me looks very iffy if you had 2k grafts, i was looking on one side and zoomed as best i could and basically count the grafts and would say thats half of what they said you had and thats being nice with my eagle eye.

i hope it works out for you. just have to play the dreaded waiting game a whille now.

I talked to the doctor today. He told me that shedding at this stage is normal and that is why the HT area looks not as dense as it should be. Here are the pictures he took at the day of HT.

IMG_1320.jpg.069dc9c1a5a2b6ad637b249f535b6c7a.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg.a5076345e7c9c9eaaa4ed7f6a3008ad1.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg.c77bc1bc25bd7f9c2de01f69bc81db48.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg.9b4d4b7899e8c5af57fe6b1679e9f76e.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg.db1cbb673e743b9f5668105d5445f4a3.jpg