This patient in his late 30's from Ireland came to see Dr Wong with a goal of improving the hairline and the top of the scalp. Dr Wong transplanted 3999 grafts in one session to address the areas of concern. I met up with the patient in Dublin on my last trip in November 2014 to assess his results at the 10 month stage.

The patient is very happy with his transformation and was happy for me to share them with the community.

Patient is not willing to take Propecia but has a good donor area for more work in the future if and when required.

Singles 829

Doubles 2735

Triples/Quads 435

Total 3999 Grafts

Please note before photos were taken at the clinic. After photos were taken by myself in a very well lit meeting room with a Nikon D3200 24mp camera so all the detail of the work can be seen which explains what appears to be a slight colour change of the patients hair.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

DSC_0703-W800.jpg

DSC_0695-W800.jpg

DSCF5840.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Fantastic result! I have a couple of questions if you're able to answer them, as this case may have some relevance to my own hairloss.

I tried finasteride on two occasions (about 4 months and 8 weeks if I recall) and both times had mild but persistent side effects, which makes me reluctant to try again. Being a fairly analytical person there's a fair chance these might have been more "in my head" or eventually resolved, but ultimately I felt unwilling to take that risk - it really has to be all or nothing with that drug!

What's H&W's position on people like myself and this gentleman? I appreciate meds are always advised but, in the case of this gentleman for example, it seems a workable plan has been developed with a contingency for future surgeries if needed. It looks like this gentleman, despite being NW5 (and possibly heading further), has got an excellent result and could deal with future loss through available donor?

I only ask because, at 32, I would say my hairloss level appears similar (perhaps I've lost slightly more in the thinning areas, but I have lighter hair so it's hard to tell). Like him I have an NW5/6 horseshoe that is seeming to appear fixed around the thinning hair, but the sides and back seem relatively "high" and the crown does not seem to extend significantly behind the head (in fact it looks almost identical to this gentleman's).

I'd like to think I could develop a realistic but aesthetically pleasing plan similar to this gentleman's (especially considering how few grafts he's used). I'm obviously realistic about what can be achieved, especially on more advanced cases, but I've seen a lot of impressive transplants even at advanced Norwood levels. I'd be very happy with this guy's hair, even at 33-34 - especially if there was still a fair bit of donor left to deal with continued loss or adding a bit of density and refinement on a 2nd pass. But obviously at 32 I wouldn't want to end up with an ultra-conservative hairline and very thin coverage. As I say, this looks fantastic to me.