Hey guys, I recently reached out to Dr. Prasad, who is a plastic surgeon in New York. I'm looking into receiving his Hair Regeneration treatment since I am too young to have a HT and he claims that it has a higher success rate than transplants. I was hoping you guys could tell me if you've heard about Dr. Prasad's reputation and if I should go through with the procedure! He wasn't listed on the IAHRS website and I didn't find much reviews other than on his website, so I'm a bit sketched out. Thanks!

Interesting. Future hair loss treatments is a big area of interest for me. I'll take a look.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

To be honest I've heard of Dr Prasad previously, when he was involved with Dr Hitzig who had a bad reputation. They were doing Acell and PRP back in 2011 but the reality is that there is no evidence of hair regeneration.

Various docs have tried this and dismissed it.

I believe Dr Jerry Cooley and Dr Carlos Wesley looked into this extensively.

However, realistically It's best to stick to proven treatments and hair transplants. Don't get your hopes up with this folks.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: