Hair Transplant For The Common Man

I had an FUE hair transplant on the 6th of Jan 2015 with Longevita [Dr Resat] I have written about my experience there in an earlier thread so you can check it out

To summarise the op was done by techs which I was prepared for, I'm afraid it was a case of budget hair transplant or no transplant.I was at the stage where I couldn't stand looking in the mirror and I was confined to wearing a hat when out in public I use the word confined because that's what it was like a feeling of being trapped, avoiding social situations crazy I know but that's reality of the situation.

I chose Longevita mainly I suppose because of the price 2000 euros including hotel and airport transfers also they are a very professional outfit and answered all my questions setting up a Skype with the Doc and putting me into contact with previous patients .

I took a calculated risk by going to a tech clinic based on my age 52, very good donor and being a stable Norwood 5 I know people can keep on losing their hair in their 50's but my sides [can't remember the proper name for them ] in my opinion are pretty solid and I don't think they will recede further.

I have up-loaded some pics so you can see my progress so far, still early days at 5 months one week mark will do another update at the 7 month mark.

The first pic pre-op, second one 3 days post op , third one beginning of the ugly duckling stage five week post op, fourth pic three month with direct sunlight form window ,the last three 5 month one week post op, I don't seem to be allowed to upload anymore not very good at this I'm afraid, I will take some more in brighter light and some more 2ndand third day post op of the donor area when i get the hang of it , Just realised some of the pics haven't up loaded but these will suffice for now obviously the last 3 are the the most recent you can see the one from the back shows the crown growing more slowly but I had a very large balding crown and now I can feel stubble which will hopefully mature and thicken, I tried to upload one of the crown pre-op but seem to be limited these 7 pics

you will have to bear with me until I get the hang of this but you get the general idea you can see the area that had to be covered so 4200 grafts will not be enough in my opinion, especially the crown but so far I am happy with the growth, just to add looking at the second pic you can see the scab where I hit my head just let it fall of naturally with the rest of the scabs maybe lost 2-3 grafts I'm afraid. Will post another thread tomorrow in brighter light of my current progress.

Edited by Mick50

I agree that its a pretty large area to cover, but you seem to be doing really well, probably better than you could have expected at this moment in time.

Obviously density will be problem, but over the next few months, it should all thicken up and if you keep it at about an inch to an inch and a half, your scalp will hopefully be covered. All in all, looks a decent enough job, even though it hasn't happened yet!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Dr Bhatti FUE 3305 Grafts Oct 2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sharing. At 7 months, you still have time to grow and mature. What do you think of the results so far?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Blake, I'm actually just 5 months one week post op so still early days, I think 40 per cent is the general consensus at this stage, I've been looking at Campbells posts with his transplant with Dr Karedeniz and so far I seem to be on a par with him so at the 12 month mark I think

[hope] I will have a satisfactory result .I was always a realist and realised being a Norwood 5 with a large crown area to be covered

that one op wouldn't be enough but even at this stage it stands alone and no one would guess that I had a hair transplant,

the hair is surprisingly natural looking at the 5 month mark and there are tiny hairs growing between the more mature ones so hopefully they will develop and add to the density.

Also my donor area healed well and again looks totally natural.I will post more pics later today with natural daylight actually it looks pretty good in daylight it's certain artificial lighting which seem to high- light the thin areas and the fact the hairs are growing unevenly .

Edited by Mick50

• 2 weeks later...

just read which Dr [technician you went with], the thing to remember longevita are only the middlemen if you like ,and they have more than one hair transplant clinic on their books ,

all I can say so far my results are on course still early days [5.5 month] but i think at the 12 month mark I will have a good outcome, I have also been in contact with 3 guys who have been with Longevita one in particular is elated with his result I have seen his pics, and one has gone back for a second op to address his crown area, none of us went to the clinic you went with, when did you have your hair transplant?

just read which Dr [technician you went with], the thing to remember longevita are only the middlemen if you like ,and they have more than one hair transplant clinic on their books ,

all I can say so far my results are on course still early days [5.5 month] but i think at the 12 month mark I will have a good outcome, I have also been in contact with 3 guys who have been with Longevita one in particular is elated with his result I have seen his pics, and one has gone back for a second op to address his crown area, none of us went to the clinic you went with, when did you have your hair transplant?

It was the one in Izmir. My friend had it as well and he is really unhappy. You should know that they pay people to write in forums and speak to people who are considering hair transplant with them. I know because they offered this to me as well. I wouldnt trust people who keep praising Longevita.

Angry,

Sorry about the bad experience and thank you for sharing. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Best of luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Can't see the pictures.

First two paragraphs make me want to scream out "nooooooooooooo". Hope things are working out for you though!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

No idea about your claim angry guy that Longevita pay people to write on forums, I know they do offer former patients a fee of 60 pounds if they get a friend or anyone they know to have a procedure with them, they actually advertise this on their website, not something I have done as I haven't told any of my friends or family that I've had a transplant still wearing the old hat ,also it's only after 5.5 months that I would think about recommending them if you read back through my posts not once have I recommended them I said the same thing to Longevita, as I said all I can say so far I am happy so far with my procedure andI have shown pics which I will be doing again at the 6 month mark , also it would help if you could be more specific about what happened with you and your friend , It seems you only recently had your procedure what exactly went wrong? The clinic i went with was Dr Resat 's not the same one as yours, as to your claim to not trust people who recommend Longevita [ which I haven't done yet] the same thing could be said about people who just dip into someone's thread without providing any facts or details about their experience, also I would like to add I have stated in previous posts if someone has the money I have advised going with a recommended Doc I took risk a calculated risk which so far seems to working out OK but as stated above it's still early days

just giving an honest appraisal tommy of why I chose I chose Longevita and [Dr Resat ] sure money shouldn't be the main motive but as i keep saying, gotta feeling I'm gonna be repeating myself on this one, if you can afford it go with a recommend Doc , all I can say even at the 5.5 month mark there has been a marked improvement in my appearance and I would do it again in a heart -beat

Edited by Mick50

put photos up later today its just I didn't realise they could be viewed by non forum members

I thought a member had to be signed in to view them anyone know how I can set the privacy settings?

It was the one in Izmir. My friend had it as well and he is really unhappy. You should know that they pay people to write in forums and speak to people who are considering hair transplant with them. I know because they offered this to me as well. I wouldnt trust people who keep praising Longevita.

Dear angyrguy,

We have our own account on this forum to interact with the patient community and we do not compensate anyone to write favorable comments about us as we believe our work speaks for itself. Just so you know, some of our competitors did this practice in the past and they were banned by the forum moderator. The fact that we still use our own account with our logo with an account history since 2013 shows we are a genuine operator.

We do however have a referral program which we advertise on our website. We are proud to mention that we have a very high satisfaction rate and almost half of our new patients come to us on a referral basis.

If you are less than satisfied with any of our services for any reason please get in touch with us directly and we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Longevita Patient Services

Ditto that, Longevita have never offered me money to advertise for them, I'm just talking about my experience ,slighty ironic with the title of this post, but longevita do offer affordable hair transplants and I have found them to be very professional in their dealings with me ,and so far I'm happy with my growth, will post pics next week at the 6 month mark

Dear angyrguy,

We have our own account on this forum to interact with the patient community and we do not compensate anyone to write favorable comments about us as we believe our work speaks for itself. Just so you know, some of our competitors did this practice in the past and they were banned by the forum moderator. The fact that we still use our own account with our logo with an account history since 2013 shows we are a genuine operator.

We do however have a referral program which we advertise on our website. We are proud to mention that we have a very high satisfaction rate and almost half of our new patients come to us on a referral basis.

If you are less than satisfied with any of our services for any reason please get in touch with us directly and we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Longevita Patient Services

I wont be contacting you because you threaten your patients not to write in forums! see my answer: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173710-dr-ali-emre-karadeniz-dr-resat-altug-aktas-longevita-post2436655.html#post2436655

• 5 months later...