FUT is more popular than FUE

Dr Feriduni's waiting list for a consultation is over a year, may not even get one now till 2017.

Can't compare Feriduni with Feller though. That is a class apart. In FUT not even to mention at FUE lol. He is indeed very popular though. Considered by the whole online community to be the elite. One year ago I informed about the waiting list and it was like 11+ months, quite insane.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Logically speaking Dr. Feller is right, I can see what he has been getting at and it makes a very great deal of sense. He said there was a lot of pulling going on with the FUE and the other doctor said he should prove it. So he (Dr. Feller) did in the video. So why all the conflictions?

I viewed Dr. Feller's results and they are excellent and I will be having my transplant with him. I have met with three doctors in NYC and two on Long Island and Feller is by far the most accomplished and proven. Very very bright guy but down to earth. My brother is also going to go to Feller after he evaluates him for candidacy.

I think this debate between Dr. Feller and Dr. Bhatti really opened up a lot of eyes videos , pictures and great facts. Now at least people are more informed about what actually does go on and makes it a lot easier to make the correct choice.

@Hair Jo, for me personally the information that has been put fourth isnt much, Dr Bhatti's racking grafts does scar me, but does it cause poor yields, perhaps yes or perhaps no, certainly looks bad. the video clip that Feller used to expose his 3 forces argument wasn't even FUE it was BHT, which he doesn't perform, but FUT supporters fell for it hook line and sinker,

@ Stig Dr Feller is in NY and Dr Bhatti is with the rest of the worlds HT surgeons are in Chicago, which suggests to me that Feller was not willing to go into this debate with his peers, he can only argue on line, of course he'll say he's booked up, but last I heard he was only booked up 3 weeks in advance, conveniently as the conference is ending.

Ive said this all along, 5000+ grafts needed go the FUT route anything less go FUE so for now there is still a place for both methods, but if people start their battle against hair loss earlier FUT wont be needed and I predict that within 10 years FUT will no longer exist,

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

@Hair Jo, for me personally the information that has been put fourth isnt much, Dr Bhatti's racking grafts does scar me, but does it cause poor yields, perhaps yes or perhaps no, certainly looks bad. the video clip that Feller used to expose his 3 forces argument wasn't even FUE it was BHT, which he doesn't perform, but FUT supporters fell for it hook line and sinker,

@ Stig Dr Feller is in NY and Dr Bhatti is with the rest of the worlds HT surgeons are in Chicago, which suggests to me that Feller was not willing to go into this debate with his peers, he can only argue on line, of course he'll say he's booked up, but last I heard he was only booked up 3 weeks in advance, conveniently as the conference is ending.

Ive said this all along, 5000+ grafts needed go the FUT route anything less go FUE so for now there is still a place for both methods, but if people start their battle against hair loss earlier FUT wont be needed and I predict that within 10 years FUT will no longer exist,

Seth, you really are a nasty and unabashed liar aren't you?! I have reported your antics to the moderator, again. You will not succeed in trying to intimidate me off this site.

For the sake of the general audience:

It doesn't matter if the video clip shows body hair or head hair, the presence of tremendous traction force is available for all to see. Besides, it looks like that clip is focused on the lower part of the back of the head, not the face or body. The density of the hair also looks to be scalp. But again it is of no consequence.

By the way, I did plenty of BHT long before your doctor even considered doing HT and found it to be bust. About 1/3 successful growth, so I don't offer it. Just another lie that because I don't offer it for money I can't do it. Ever get tired of hating? One thing you have shown me for sure: you can't be liked by everyone all of the time.

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

For the sake of the general audience:

It doesn't matter if the video clip shows body hair or head hair, the presence of tremendous traction force is available for all to see.

actually I think it is crucial to this whole thread, you knew exactly where that clip was from and lead people to believe that was from the head, you used under the chin example where the skin has completely different characteristics and didnt say a word, misleading people and now you've finally admitted it. thank you

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

actually I think it is crucial to this whole thread, you knew exactly where that clip was from and lead people to believe that was from the head, you used under the chin example where the skin has completely different characteristics and didnt say a word, misleading people and now you've finally admitted it. thank you

Sorry Seth, thats on Dr Bhatti to have disclaimed that part of the video was BHT. I don't understand why in the world he was including a video on BHT in this debate which is clearly FUT vs FUE,. If he did so, and never stated that, then thats his problem, you can't hold Dr Feller to that - I'm sorry. If that portion really is BHT, then Dr Bhatti should come on and specifically state so.

You really like to put words in other people's mouths, don't you?

As I wrote in the very next line that you quoted it looks like head hair to me. No misleading. That's what it looks like. And it is immaterial where on the body it is.

The purpose of showing the clip is to show the force of TRACTION which Dr. Bhatti said did not exist. Well, clearly it does. Even if it is on the face where the skin is flexible the grafts still have to endure tremendous traction force, it's just easier to see it.

But to my mind we are looking at the occipital area of the scalp. Am I 100% sure ? No, because the "video" is really a collage of clips from three areas of the body. The reason I don't think it's face is because the facial hair area looked to be much lower density. But again, it doesn't matter.

So please do not claim that I am misleading people.

FILM PITCH: Two Internet-feuding hair transplant surgeons are both unwittingly late checking into their hotel for a hair loss conference. While initially furious at a mix-up meaning they both have to share the same room, over the course of a weekend an unlikely romance begins...

• Haha 1

Likewise - miss Dr Feller going up against Dr Bhatti, HTsoon's heckling, the various trolls that popped up out of nowhere, and mav's swinging

I'd have to agree. I just found this photo of one of Dr Bhattis patients in another thread and it looks like Dr Feller is right about the scarring since it is easy to see all the dots and how they connect together. I cant see how this guy is ever going to be able to shave his head which is supposed to be why hes' gotten the FUE procedure in the first place.

Dr Bhatti, does this happen with all of your FUE patients? Are those low ones outside of the safe zone?

attachment.php?attachmentid=84396&d=1443037545

I think that may be less noticeable when the hair grows a little longer.

Then again, I don't have any problems with FUT as that's what my procedure was. IMHO, FUE vs. FUT is mountains out of a molehill. But hey, people like to make it a big deal. Then again, people like to visit terrible FUT doctors and then show their horrific results on this forum. So, caveat emptor.

I think that may be less noticeable when the hair grows a little longer.

For sure -

I know all the guys who get FUE want to shave down to 1 or 0 but there will always be scarring of some sort. FUT or FUE. Just be aware of what the outcome may be and your goals.

I'm a FUT and wear my hair long - no biggie. But I saw a Two Scar guy last night at the airport that looked a mess to me - but he had a hot wife so... :P

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

For sure -

I know all the guys who get FUE want to shave down to 1 or 0 but there will always be scarring of some sort. FUT or FUE. Just be aware of what the outcome may be and your goals.

I'm a FUT and wear my hair long - no biggie. But I saw a Two Scar guy last night at the airport that looked a mess to me - but he had a hot wife so... :P

It almost always comes down the the skill of the surgeon. I am 5 months post-op, no longer wear a hat, use only a little bit of concealer as the hairs are still growing and maturing, and my scar looks better than many who go to not as skilled surgeons.

I'm not saying spend a ton of money on a top surgeon (although that's not a bad option), but I am saying do your research. Many of the horror stories on here are from people who go to doctors without a body of work who promise them things they can't deliver.

It almost always comes down the the skill of the surgeon. I am 5 months post-op, no longer wear a hat, use only a little bit of concealer as the hairs are still growing and maturing, and my scar looks better than many who go to not as skilled surgeons.

I'm not saying spend a ton of money on a top surgeon (although that's not a bad option), but I am saying do your research. Many of the horror stories on here are from people who go to doctors without a body of work who promise them things they can't deliver.

Very true but sometime even a recommended surgeon can tell you things they can't deliver. Its a shame, and i thought i did my research.

CaliHairGuy and Voxy,

Great posts!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators
Seems like a loaded question to me. So here is a great comparison with hair length that is about the same. Three strips were performed with the more recent two strips performed by arguably two of the best strip doctors in the world, Dr. Hasson and Dr. Rahal. The top one is by Dr. Hasson and it looks really good for a strip scar, if not too high, and the middle one is Dr. Rahal which is even better except for a spot that had stretched on one side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84457&d=1443121348

Based on these two photos, and even if you subtract the bottom scar and just go by the two that are left by the two top doctors, or just pick one and subtract the other to have one scar, I'll take a few dots on my scalp any day, thank you very much.

I agree, the FUE guy is an example of bad scarring from FUE, he probably would've ended up with a grotesque scar if he got the strip, comparing a bad FUE case and a normal strip case, there is still no comparison.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Joe's photo clearly shows a recent FUE patient who simply cannot shave his head, which flies in the face of every claim made by the uninformed and agenda driven FUE crowd. Clearly the scarring is massive and he will have to grow his hair to cover it. Not quite what FUE was advertised to be, is it?

911s photo shows a recent patient who had three prior strip procedures who healed beautifully and then properly utilized FUE to grab even more hair out. Want to bet who has a better result in the recipient area?

To simply comment on the difference between the visible scarring is ridiculous as both patients will have to grow their hair long. The fact is, the patient in the first photo should have done what the patient in the second photo did. That is, to have several strip procedures then finish up with FUE. This approach is the safest and most responsible.

A claim that the patient in the first photo would have had an even worse FUT scar by virtue of the fact that he had poor FUE scarring is uninformed and a clear distraction The fact that he has poor FUE scarring is all that matters here. Why not ask why he has so much FUE scarring?

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

• Administrators
Here is an update on what the patient thinks of the scarring.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84541&d=1443293790

Beautiful healing? This is from two of the top doctors in the world and the patient says he wishes he had gone FUE from the beginning.

It is ridiculous. Both patients will have to grow their hair longer but which one will have to grow their hair longer than the other?

Safest and most responsible? You just recommended multiple stretched strip scars compared to some dots. Why do you think these wide strip scars are beautiful?

It's a ridiculous notion to get "stripped out" then get FUE to thin your donor area and reveal those ugly scars, I feel bad for the guy in the photo, I hope he can get those scars fixed, maybe fue body hair in to the scars, I'd hate to see scalp grafts be wasted on a scar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

HTsoon,

You keep telling us FUE gives the option to buzz your head. Where did it all go wrong for this guy????? We're waiting for your expert opinion.

The whole purpose of him getting an FUE - to be able to buzz short - was an epic failure...and all from a recommended doctor too.

He may as well have got strip and near-guaranteed growth on the top of his head.

The strip counter example is another sinister scare tactic used to try to win the argument. Clearly that guy made some bad decisions early on and has had a couple of badly positioned strip scars.

The same cannot be said of the FUE example which was a recommended doc on a virgin scalp.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84396&d=1443037545

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

Unfortunately, this gentlemen does not scar well, if he would've gotten strip it would've been worse, nevertheless, I would pick those scars 7 days out of the week and twice on Sunday over the strip scars previously shown. SMP would make these scars nearly undetectable.

View my thread

I will grant the argument that the FUE dot scarring is better than the FUT linear scarring in the two examples being compared, and i think most will agree with that .

But 1978's point is still valid --- One of biggest selling pitch for FUE for (eventually) high NW patients is , " hey if it doesn't work , you will still be able to shave it down and live a normal life as if nothing happened" . This patient clearly cannot do that . He will always have people asking him " hey what happened to you ? " .

It is this part of the FUE sales pitch that I have the most issue with, even if we ignore all the arguments about the three forces , etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------