FUT is more popular than FUE

Hey Dr Feller, what is your view on buzzing the recipient before 12 months? I think you have said many years ago that you don't recommend it and I'm wondering if you are still of that view, and if so why? (I was of the opinion that after 14 days the grafts were permanent as per Dr Bernstein's study and using clippers would have no affect on the grafts)

Is this Dr. Bhatti? Why is it a bit shakey?

No the shakey hands are Dr Feller

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it mostly seems doctors bandy about yield figures based on an educated guess following observation.

sorry for the late reply (missed your post) - I tend to agree, just a educated guess

Can't hear the sound as I'm on a train, but that fue scoring video is of a motorised device, no? The shakes appear to be down to the fact it's rotating, probably not helped by the distance from incision point at which its held. But I can't see how those things can ever work with the degree of accuracy that's needed to get near 100% undamaged grafts removed.

Can't hear the sound as I'm on a train, but that fue scoring video is of a motorised device, no? The shakes appear to be down to the fact it's rotating, probably not helped by the distance from incision point at which its held. But I can't see how those things can ever work with the degree of accuracy that's needed to get near 100% undamaged grafts removed.

NOTE: The following is personal opinion and conjecture; not to be confused with medical fact

Yup, it's motorized hence the vibration. From my understanding, the factors you stated are some of the reasons most dedicated HT Surgeons eventually agreed that manual extraction is the best option for FUE and have since passed on motorized punches (including Dr. Feller and Bhatti). In addition, I believe there are some quotes either in this thread or another discussing when a manual punch is used, it's much easier to "feel" the proper depth and tactile feedback of a good score.

If I were to personally get FUE, I'd make sure it was some form of manual extraction.

Edited by NoTakeBacks
Added disclaimer cause message boards are super serious business

HTsoon,

Is this Dr. Bhatti? Why is it a bit shakey?

Sethicles is right and the video with shakey hands is DR Feller's video "FUE scoring" published Aug 14 2015 on youtube and also p.70 post 696 on this thread

HTsoon knows only too well thats Feller in the video. It's been discussed at length on this thread. Dr Feller has also explained numerous times that his hands are not shaking, it's because the punch is motorized. It would be odd for a surgeon to have shaky hands like that though wouldn't it? If that were the case, I would imagine Feller would have an extra-ordinary amount of botched cases and botched linier scars. Regardless, the shaking wether natural or caused by the motor looks shocking. No way in hell that can be good, and no way would I let Feller touch my grafts like that.

• Administrators
No the shakey hands are Dr Feller

He talks a lot about Dr. Bhattis video but his is very shakey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
HTsoon knows only too well thats Feller in the video. It's been discussed at length on this thread. Dr Feller has also explained numerous times that his hands are not shaking, it's because the punch is motorized. It would be odd for a surgeon to have shaky hands like that though wouldn't it? If that were the case, I would imagine Feller would have an extra-ordinary amount of botched cases and botched linier scars. Regardless, the shaking wether natural or caused by the motor looks shocking. No way in hell that can be good, and no way would I let Feller touch my grafts like that.

I didn't know that was Dr.feller I haven't been following this thread as closely as you Mav, I'm not in to the drama like you. Calling dr. Bhatti a gentlemen, back to saying dr. Bhattis video is a cover up, now to defending dr. Feller you're a strange individual, I really do think you follow this thread for the drama and circus act it's become, this will be my last time addressing you, you don't contribute anything to the discussion other than agreeing or disagreeing with either physicians and jumping on bandwagons good day ;)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I simply can't believe people just want to hear what they want to hear regardless they are going to pick the procedure they want. At least I have to say Dr. Feller speaks his mind and knows the facts and tries to help people make the right decision . WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER HT DOCTORS??? Maybe they are all afraid to come on the site and get constantly get ripped apart by unknowns or maybe they are all forced into doing FUE's just to stay with the latest craze . Wake up everyone there is no scar less surgery so take your pick thousands of little white scars or one linear scar. I would want my procedure to be customized for me and I would trust a doctor who has done both procedures for years.

I simply can't believe people just want to hear what they want to hear regardless they are going to pick the procedure they want. At least I have to say Dr. Feller speaks his mind and knows the facts and tries to help people make the right decision . WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER HT DOCTORS??? Maybe they are all afraid to come on the site and get constantly get ripped apart by unknowns or maybe they are all forced into doing FUE's just to stay with the latest craze . Wake up everyone there is no scar less surgery so take your pick thousands of little white scars or one linear scar. I would want my procedure to be customized for me and I would trust a doctor who has done both procedures for years.

Based on the manner in which Dr Feller gets heckled by members on this thread, I don't blame the other Doctors from staying away. Its probably bad for business to come onto this thread and go up against Feller himself or the HTSoons of the world.

Based on the manner in which Dr Feller gets heckled by members on this thread, I don't blame the other Doctors from staying away. Its probably bad for business to come onto this thread and go up against Feller himself or the HTSoons of the world.

With all due respect, dr. Feller is a bully and he is trying to heckle everyone on this thread who disagrees with him. Other doctors are probably busy working and using their free time to provide the best care for their patients.

I think that every self-respected surgeon will stay far away from this thread. Nobody wants to play the childish "gotcha" game with dr. Feller.

"Three forces, three forces, three forces".. yet dr. Bhatti's FUE results look better than dr. Feller's FUT.

With all due respect, dr. Feller is a bully and he is trying to heckle everyone on this thread who disagrees with him. Other doctors are probably busy working and using their free time to provide the best care for their patients.

I think that every self-respected surgeon will stay far away from this thread. Nobody wants to play the childish "gotcha" game with dr. Feller.

"Three forces, three forces, three forces".. yet dr. Bhatti's FUE results look better than dr. Feller's FUT.

Take it easy man - I think we agree on Dr Feller.

you just proved my point more doctor trashing this seems deliberate and only focusing on one doctor by the way the only doctor who participated with true facts maybe you don't like his approach but now you are making your opinion seem like facts.

you just proved my point more doctor trashing this seems deliberate and only focusing on one doctor by the way the only doctor who participated with true facts maybe you don't like his approach but now you are making your opinion seem like facts.

I'm not exactly sure how to take your post, or if it's even being directed at me...so apologies if it's not. But I want to make it clear my intention was not "doctor trashing" and I certainly don't try to pass things off as facts. I was simply driving home that it's a motorized tool that vibrates when the motor is active. It was also my understanding that Dr. Feller no longer uses a motorized punch, and I thought Dr. Bhatti also did not. If Dr. Feller still uses motorized punches, anyone is welcome to correct me as they did with Dr. Bhatti. No harm, no foul. I'll just say never mind my ramblings just as I did when I was mistaken before. But just in case, I added a disclaimer with the rest of my OP intact so no one confuses my layman understanding and opinion with facts. ;)

This thread really has emotions flying all over the place, huh?

H Dr Feller has also explained numerous times that his hands are not shaking, it's because the punch is motorized.

thats the point, its shakey, its like driving a car with poor suspension, you get vibrations, it shakes, at the point of entry of the skin, to the time it comes out, its shakey and its very slow, Dr Bhatti on the other hand is lightening quick (up to 6 times quicker), no shakes, and goes in less depths, clearly Feller FUE skills are no match for Dr Bhatti,

I didn't know this thread was a competition between Feller & Batti ... Dr. Feller is undoubtedly one of the top HT surgeons in the US at this time, so why don't we all stop with the subjective comments, cheap shots, attempts to ridicule etc. I was taught that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all ...

I didn't know this thread was a competition between Feller & Bhatti ... .

its not, but considering Feller has 200+ comments presenting the flaws in FUE and Dr Bhatti has 60+ comments presenting his skills to overcome these claims, seems only fair to match them against each other skill v skill. my money is on Dr Bhatti for FUE skills

Im yet to hear anyone elses comments about the BHT idea, that Feller's edits on Dr Bhatti's video,

thats the point, its shakey, its like driving a car with poor suspension, you get vibrations, it shakes, at the point of entry of the skin, to the time it comes out, its shakey and its very slow, Dr Bhatti on the other hand is lightening quick (up to 6 times quicker), no shakes, and goes in less depths, clearly Feller FUE skills are no match for Dr Bhatti,

Agree with you 100%, that's gotta do damage to the grafts, however probably a mute point if Feller no longer even uses motorized punches. Unfortunately I found Dr Bhatti's unedited video to be just as scary in a different way. I suspect Feller intentionally posted that video to further his case for FUSS.

I think you need to put a big disclaimer on that bud. Dr Feller is presenting facts based on his own perspective / experience just as Dr Bhatti is presenting facts based on his own perspective with FUE and experience.

My question for you is to what extent is Dr Feller's assertions more objectively factual than Dr Bhatti's with reference to clinical studies and data? (Ie can you demonstrate how Dr Feller's assertions are more supported by data than Dr Bhatti's in regards to FUT popularity, his three forces claim, FUE density compared with FUT etc)

If you can't you should qualify your statement that he is presenting true facts (and the same goes for the Dr B camp too)