FUT is more popular than FUE

I can't believe what this thread has turned into" HAIR WARS" maybe I should just get some popcorn . STRIP vs FUE do what your educated mind tells you to do it's YOUR CHOICE. So much mudslinging and deformation too much for me and to discredit Dr.Feller who's been in business for so long with many great results doing both Strip and FUE just because he seems arrogant maybe he seems arrogant because he stands by what he believes just like other people stand by what you believe I see a lot of arrogance and out right mean statements from others on this thread does that not make you good at your profession????

I've no dog in this particular fight, other than I've been considering a HT and therefore researching for nearly three years. I thought my mind was settled a few times about types of procedures and surgeons but I continue researching because I want to get the best result I can and be as sure I can be before there's no going back - like most people on here.

The irony of debates like this one is that it doesn't persuade me one way or the other for strip or FUE; for one surgeon over another. It makes me (again) question having any sort of HT.

Answer me honestly though of all the results you have seen is dr fellers work better than dr Lorenzo dr erdogan or dr Feridunis irrespective of what type of surgery was used?? Ignore that fact that dr fellers is strip and ignore that the others are fue!!

And dr feller since you do so much fue still, can you post some grown out patients with the type of results the other drs mentioned produce because in here and the internet you can see hundreds of their fue results and is like to see some of yours as I can't remember the last ones you have shown if regularly ever?? I don't see dr Lorenzo or erdogan on here slamming strip surgery and I know de Feriduni does both but they don't have to as their results speak for themselves maybe it's time to let yours do the same??[/quote

I have had surgery with DR feller and Dr Lorenzo and I choose Dr Feller every time. But each to there own. At the end of the day it's personal choice, we all know that.

unfortunately the only real down side to strip is the disfiguring scar it leaves many so its IMPOSSIBLE to ignore and its impossible to say which patient will develop such bad scaring.

I hear it all the time a poor strip scar is from a poorly sutured head. thats utter BS! some ppl are just inclined to have a scar that stretches no matter how good the enclosure is.

FUE leaves no one with disfiguring scars and Lorenzo's hairlines are too high. but where are all the FUE results from Dr. Feller. see lots of strip but can't remember the last time I seen an FUE case from him.

Feller posting this is just an example of a Dr. who feels threatened by the fact that most EDUCATED and INFORMED patients are choosing FUE these days.

look at this forum and lets count the number of FUE procedures vs. FUT. it wud not even be close. far more chose FUE these days that post up here and the ppl that post up here for the most part have done their research and made informed decisions.

BUSA wrote:

"Look at this forum and lets count the number of FUE procedures vs. FUT. it wud not even be close. far more chose FUE these days that post up here and the ppl that post up here for the most part have done their research and made informed decisions."

This is simply untrue. There are some FUE posts on here, but most are either negative by the patient's themselves, or incomplete. There are a few great ones which is why I believe FUE has it's place, but their number is a drop in the drop of the bucket compared to it's FUT counterpart.

BUSA, you do not speak for me nor know what my motivations are, so please don't assume to invent them and post them on here as if they were facts. If you wish to do that, send me your real name and address and I'll be sure you get all the credit you deserve.

FUT- only doctors have little to worry about as there are so relatively few FUE doctors out there to begin with, and even fewer gifted/dedicated ones. The FUE "mills" turning up in Europe will not last.

FUT and FUE practitioners such as myself have absolutely nothing to worry about because we can do either procedure. If the world outlawed one or the other surgery tomorrow I'll still be sitting pretty.

FUE-ONLY doctor's have nothing to worry about because there will always be a subset of patients who will want their services. And since there are so relatively few FUE only doctors in then world there will be plenty of patients for them.

The only time for any hair transplant doctor to worry is when people stop caring about their hair loss.

really Dr. Feller their are "SOME" FUE posts here by patients and their negative or incomplete? really? that made me LOL!!!!!

the only ppl posting here that have negative results are the FUT patients who have disfiguring scars and therefore NOW need FUE to repair them so get ur facts straight before you make a fool out of urself and post nonsense like that. a drop in the bucket? wow talk about giving misleading and inaccurate information cause someone feels threatened by FUE.

well lets look at the facts here. on the "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients" page there are 19 threads pertaining to ppl who have actually have hair transplants. 12 of them are FUE! so much for ur theory huh.....:rolleyes:

BUSA wrote:

"ook at this forum and lets count the number of FUE procedures vs. FUT. it wud not even be close. far more chose FUE these days that post up here and the ppl that post up here for the most part have done their research and made informed decisions."

This is simply untrue. There are some FUE posts on here, but most are either negative by the patient's themselves, or incomplete. There are a few great ones which is why I believe FUE has it's place, but their number is a drop in the drop of the bucket compared to it's FUT counterpart.

BUSA, you do not speak for me know what my motivations are, so please don't assume to invent them and post them on here as if they were facts. If you wish to do that, send me your real name and address and I'll be sure you get all the credit you deserve.

FUT- only doctors have little to worry about as there are so relatively few FUE doctors out there to begin with, and even fewer gifted/dedicated ones. The FUE "mills" turning up in Europe will not last.

FUT and FUE practitioners such as myself have absolutely nothing to worry about because we can do either procedure. If the world outlawed one or the other surgery tomorrow I'll still be sitting pretty.

FUE-ONLY doctor's have nothing to worry about because there will always be a subset of patients who will want their services. And since there are so relatively few FUE only doctors in then world there will be plenty of patients for them.

The only time for any hair transplant doctor to worry is when people stop caring about their hair loss.

I just saw a post of a guy that is worried he didn't get 3000 fue's as he was told you can see clearly in my opinion that he might have gotten about a thousand he doesn't seem like he's happy and he's concerned and worried so not everyone has a happy story . I must admit some Fue patients look really good but there are great results and bad results in any procedure in life . You must trust an experienced doctor he can tell by your hair ,your skin flexibility how much donor you have and your options for the future should you loose more hair . If he thinks Fue would be a good way to go I'm sure he'd say yes you would be a good candidate . If the doctor sees the patient would not get good results I would want my doctor to be honest with me and help me make the right choice.

Judging from my own experiences, more and more patients are going away from the US and the UK for their hair transplants, be it FUT or FUE and in many cases FUT scar repair using FUE, (sorry, couldn't resist but it's a fact!).

One of the reasons may well be a more humble and less commercially focused workforce whose priority is the outcome of your hair, not their bank balance. In the UK they will almost never turn anyone down.

Personally I think some US/UK doctors have a lot to worry about especially with most hair forums championing the foreign doctors whose results are exemplary.

Along with some spectacular results and staggeringly lower costs involved in achieving these results, then why would anyone want to pay shedloads more in the US/UK for a similar and in many cases far less superior HT than they would abroad?

I, myself paid under 3,700 pounds sterling for my FUE in India, I was quoted 16,000 pounds sterling for FUT in the UK and as much as 30,000 for FUE!

Dr Bhatti FUE 3305 Grafts Oct 2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Edited by Shera

I'll stick with the US doctors. I would never feel comfortable in some clinic in another country even the word clinic doesn't sit right with me . I'll go with a US doctor who has experience with an office and OR and malpractice insurance.

I'll stick with the US doctors. I would never feel comfortable in some clinic in another country even the word clinic doesn't sit right with me . I'll go with a US doctor who has experience with an office and OR and malpractice insurance.

HairJo,

I understand your concerns but when a patient chooses a recommended physician, they are getting medical care of the highest standards regardless of the country.

I myself went to India and had an exceptional experience.

Lastly, we do use the word "clinic" here in North America when we talk about the physician's office and surgical facilities unless they are working out of a hospital which is quire a rare. The term has no negative connotation whatsoever.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Ching ching

Let's not throw stones in glass houses. There are so many things that go into a hair transplant and how many different skills a top surgeon needs...for example, the naturalness of a hairline. And truth be told, there are more than a few people here who think that going the lesser docs can present some issues (info exchanged via PMs). If you're happy with it, that's fine. But that doesn't mean it compares to the the top tier guys, many of whom are in North America and mostly do FUT.

Second, with regards to BUSA and his anti-strip doctrine, I actually asked my doc, and in all the years of Konior's practice, there have been maybe 6 stretched scars. That's straight from their office. Not some dude on the Internet who (seemingly) has a lot of opinions but no actual HT experience. In fact, the guy he talks about being his "top guy" (IMHO) has some sketchy frontal hairline work. But c'est la vie. People love to be experts on the forums...it's easier than actually being a doctor.

There are only a handful of truly top docs in either the FUT category or the FUE category. Personally, for me, I chose a top US FUT doc. Everyone has to make their own decision.

And for me, I understand Dr. Feller's frustration. I deal with that same kind of crap at work. People who aren't experts in my field constantly give their opinions on work (mine or others), and many have no idea what they're talking about. THey don't even understand their own ignorance. I know that this is a fairly well-informed place, but at the end of the day, you're at home sitting at a keyboard arguing with a guy who does it for a living and has a really good reputation to boot.

Edited by CaliHairGuy

some one should develop an HT App complete with a detailed Q&A to give the user their best option, I think if done correctly mud slinging would be reduced

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Hi HairJo, I don't think that malpractice insurance actually protects the patient, I believe it protects the surgeon by giving him a safety net to hide behind if the procedure goes badly and the patient sues. I'm not a lawyer, but what am I missing here? Malpractice insurance actually seems to make the surgeons less accountable for their work.

• Like 1

Seth, if you stopped posting the mud slinging would stop. You and the others like you are the only ones doing it. How strange you should write that.

But if such an app were written and converted to numbers here's what would happen:

Best chance for growth:

Strip= 4 FUE=2

Least damage to donor area

Strip= 4 FUE=1

Least obvious scaring in donor area with hair grown

Strip=4 FUE=3

Least obvious scarring in donor area with hair shaved or buzzed short

Strip=1 FUE=4

Best potential graft availability in future

Strip 4 FUE=2

Totals

Strip= 17 FUE= 12

The app would pick FUT. The only way FUE could fair better, but still not beat FUT was if a much greater weight were put on scar appearance, and this would be based on pure personal desire. FUE was already given an advantage of 4 to Strip's value of 1, but even if it was given more weight it still couldn't beat out strip. The other factors are not subjective and therefore can't change. FUT wins hands down, even with FUE being given a handicap.

thanks again for your black and white numerical methods to approaching peoples needs, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Weighing up a personal desires and needs is more what I think an APP like this should be focused on, asking questions about Hair Styles, Family History, what NW level are you, suspected future hair loss, type of hair you are, what race are you, your age, show examples of good FUT good FUE and bad FUE and bad FUT. This could be an assessment calculator type APP, I actually think it would be beneficial to many guys out there,

Edited by Sethticles

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Most patients do not want others to know that they have had an HT, I don't think there is an argument here.

Most people at some time would like to have the hair cut short, again I hope this is a reasonable assumption.

Now, the scar thing, it may well be invisible in most cases, but just google HT scar, there are numerous pictures that will put a potential patient off having the FUT procedure.

These are not made up, they are real patients who have had to live with that scar and have probably made up all sorts of interesting stories about the origin of that scar.

FUT may well be better than FUE in some way or another, I will let the good Doctor's opinion count here, as stated he is the professional who conducts his work successfully day in day out, however other doctors who conduct their work successfully day in day out using different methods may well disagree.

Most patients are nervous and anxious as it is when choosing to go through the HT process, do they really want to risk having a hideous scar too? It may well only stretch etc in 5% of cases, but do you want to be that 5%?

Also do they want to be sliced open and have part of their scalp removed?

Is this not what happens in FUT?

My main reason for going FUE was the risk of the scar and the fact that I didn't really fancy being sliced open. But each to their own....................

We all see that Feller definitely picks a side here and is biased. The absolute truth in this one is impossible to find out so nobody should take Feller as an authority.

However where does Feller base his opinion on? Surely much of what he thinks is related to his observational evidence when he has performed a FUE. He then compares that to his FUT results.

Who says that Feller is even that good at FUE though? Feller is definitely not considered to be a top dog as a FUE practitioner, far from it actually.

He isn't on the same level as guys like Feriduni, Bisanga, Lorenzo etc.

Why should we go with the opinion of someone who isn't considered to be considered at the top of FUE anyway?

I would assume that a technician of the camp of Lorenzo or Erdogan would be better at extractions than Feller. Simply because these guys are putting in more practice.

Speaking of that Feller where are your FUE results? Can you link us to several FUE cases you have done? Independent ones preferably?

They seem to be heavily lacking?

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

I wonder why actual surgeons that post good FUE results constantly, don't waste their time complaining about the apparent intrinsic flaws in FUE whilst a surgeon who has not posted an FUE result in years makes it seem like an abortion of the hair transplant industry.... Hmmmm.

We all see that Feller definitely picks a side here and is biased. The absolute truth in this one is impossible to find out so nobody should take Feller as an authority.

However where does Feller base his opinion on? Surely much of what he thinks is related to his observational evidence when he has performed a FUE. He then compares that to his FUT results.

Who says that Feller is even that good at FUE though? Feller is definitely not considered to be a top dog as a FUE practitioner, far from it actually.

He isn't on the same level as guys like Feriduni, Bisanga, Lorenzo etc.

Why should we go with the opinion of someone who isn't considered to be considered at the top of FUE anyway?

I would assume that a technician of the camp of Lorenzo or Erdogan would be better at extractions than Feller. Simply because these guys are putting in more practice.

Speaking of that Feller where are your FUE results? Can you link us to several FUE cases you have done? Independent ones preferably?

They seem to be heavily lacking?

Totally read my mind.

Mickey,

Why such hate? So brave hiding behind a keyboard. So loud, too.

Tell you what, since your only reference to reality is invoking the name of my friends and colleagues without their knowledge or permission, let's call any one or ALL of them together and see what they say about your claims about me and FUE in general. I'll record it with their permission and post it online for the world to hear.

We can also call your FUT surgeon as well, he's a friend of mine also, but I won't reveal his name.

Just PM me your real verifiable name and address and we can have at it.

Mickey is simply an online bully and stalker. Also known in the parlance of the internet as a "Hater". He doesn't hate everybody, just those who disagree with him.

Sorry Mickey, but doctors are allowed to use this website and share their opinion unmolested by the likes of self appointed know nothing "experts" like yourself. I don't come on here to debate with the likes of you, although you hilariously think I do. I write to bring facts to newbies who don't know any better and might be influenced by you and your kind.

If you fancy yourself a consumer affairs expert and want to hold yourself out to the public as such, then stand accountable for your words and offer your real name and address.

Mickey,

Why such hate? So brave hiding behind a keyboard. So loud, too.

Tell you what, since your only reference to reality is invoking the name of my friends and colleagues without their knowledge or permission, let's call any one or ALL of them together and see what they say about your claims about me and FUE in general. I'll record it with their permission and post it online for the world to hear.

Just PM me your real verifiable name and address.

Mickey is simply an online bully and stalker. Also known in the parlance of the internet as a "Hater". He doesn't hate everybody, just those who disagree with him.

Sorry Mickey, but doctors are allowed to use this website and share their opinion unmolested by the likes of self appointed know nothing "experts" like yourself.

If you fancy yourself a consumer affairs expert and want to hold yourself out to the public as such, then stand accountable for your words and offer your real name and address.

How anyone would want to go to you for a procedure when you exhibit such etiquette is beyond me. Please continue with your 'unmolested' opinion that FUE is so inherently flawed even though many other surgeons have surpassed you. You think the majority of people here cannot see your bias?

You are more than free to express your own opinion on here. The part many people have trouble with is that you constantly make it out like good FUE results are a rarity when there are an abundance of good FUE results from many clinics across the world. When this is mentioned, you either ignore it or dismiss it.

I ask in sincerity, why is it that many other composite FUE/strip surgeons have no/little trouble with FUE? I'm not taking a jab here, maybe there is something I don't get.

Edited by Mickey85

I do not see the need for his name and address. He can call people out by name because they have chosen to put their names out there as HT purveyors.

I think a public conference call could be interesting, whether Mickey is involved or just the doctors mentioned.