FUT is more popular than FUE

• Administrators
People are justified in calling Sethticles a shill as he keeps promoting Bhatti in threads having nothing to do with him and when people are considering other doctors.

If someone is considering physicians and he got good results with a particular physician what is wrong with recommending him:confused:

Also mods, please create a new tread I'd love to see some of my concerns regarding "stripping out" addressed, no one has yet to address any of my legitimate concerns. I'd love to see the input Dr. Bhatti has as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nothing wrong with recommending a Doc or clinic if you're happy with your result I too was accused of being a shill by someone just because I spoke about my experience with Longevita

even though I actually advised going with a recommended Doc on this site and not taking a risk like I did , Some people are just too quick to jump to the conclusion you're a shill if you speak about your experience in a positive way , I can perfectly understand why someone wants to tell the world if they have got back their hair back be it with FUT OR FUE

Grea,t hopefully we can have an informed opinion on the merits and flaws of FUE on a different thread with Dr Bhatty and Dr Feller. Fair play to Dr Bhatty for getting involved this after all is what Dr Feller has been asking to happen for quite a while.

Hi Mick50,

Just wanted to point out that you are referring to Dr. BHATTI and not Dr. BHATTY. There has been confusion in the past and just trying to set the record straight. Dr. Bhatti from Darling Buds India is the HT Surgeon that commented on this thread. Dr. Bhatty is a UK based HT Surgeon (from what I know).

Hi KO,

With all due respect, calling Seth a "SHILL" would be unfair, unethical and wrong. He has documented his HT journey with Dr. Bhatti on this Forum and I don't think there is any room (whether you like Seth or not) to deny the fact that he is a genuine Dr. Bhatti Patient. Now, let me share with you the definition of the term "SHILL": an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

I know that you are a fair person and hope that you would agree with me that Seth and/or any other Dr. Bhatti Patients who express their satisfaction with the service and results that they got from Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds India, are NOT "shills". "Super happy Patients" ......maybe......but definitely NOT shills!

Bill, thank you for getting involved on this thread. Your presence was badly needed here. HRN is considered to be the #1 hair loss Forum in the world for a reason. This forum has always been based upon mutual respect (doctors and Patients), accurate information and freedom of speech (within acceptable limits, of course). We at Darling Buds India respect the guidelines and protocols set up by the Forum Admins and have always played by the rules.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

i my self cant wait for this thread to be made up with facts from both sides of the procedures not only will it help us the community but future patients that havnt even started there journey yet wanting to know about hair transplants and the best routes to go down FUT or FUE. it will deff put all this stuff thats been going on for months to bed and this ite can get back to normal. haha

Pure fue docs have had the opportunity to come on here from the start,let's hope we finally get a good debate underway.

I have had both and both are great procedures in great hands. But there are far too many docs out there not sharing all the flaws with both types .

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Dear Dr Feller,

You do not wish to apologise- well I cannot force you to. You are an honorable Coalition member of this respected forum and seem to have greater rights to space on the forum by wanting me to apologise for being on your thread - I will!

I am not responsible for the views of a patient of mine (Sethticles) who wishes to speak for himself. Please respect the wishes of an individual. You reside in a free country and so does he. The very fact that he carries my reference on his signature does not qualify him to be termed a "shill".

As far as reading this thread is concerned, I was pointed out about your comments by some well wishers and therefore I am here. Believe me, I would not have otherwise I seldom have time to go through my own e-mails let alone stalk forum threads. Now that I am here I have read the threads, I find many remarks by you to be disgustingly disrespectful to the collective conscience of this respected forum- the world's #1.

Meet me on a fair thread and I shall surely put some of your misconceptions about the effectivity of FUE to rest. It does have shortcomings, but so has FUT!

Dr Feller, If FUT were so popular, you would be devoting more time to your practice. Or did you mean it was more popular in your practice!! :)

I would request Bill and Pat to close this thread and start a new one on the same topic under their entire supervision where we are not waylaid.

Best wishes.

Dear Dr Feller,

You do not wish to apologise- well I cannot force you to.

Dr. Bahtti, for what offense do you wish me to apologize for? Did you read my response to your last post? I did not claim Sethicles was a paid representative for you. Read what I wrote carefully in the posts where I bring him up, you are confusing my post with someone else who did. I didn’t even make the connection that Seticles could be your representative until both you yourself, and your representative “California”, did. Read my previous posts, any of them, not one word about you. Your name never came up.

You are an honorable Coalition member of this respected forum and seem to have greater rights to space on the forum by wanting me to apologise for being on your thread - I will!

I have greater rights to space on the forum? I’m sorry, but I don’t know what this means. Are you implying that you cannot post on here as much as I or any other Coalition member? That’s simply not true. I’m sure Bill will be happy to confirm this.

I did not ask you to apologize for being on my thread, I asked you to apologize for the personal attack you made on me by stating that my posts were “rants”- a pejorative term designed to insult the content of my posts and me personally. I would rather have had you address the issues I brought up 38 pages ago.

I am not responsible for the views of a patient of mine (Sethticles) who wishes to speak for himself. Please respect the wishes of an individual. You reside in a free country and so does he. The very fact that he carries my reference on his signature does not qualify him to be termed a “shill".

I couldn’t agree with you more, sir. But the content of his posts reveals he may not be speaking just for himself as confirmed by your representative “California” who said he has been associated with being a de facto rep for you in the past by others long before today. Regardless, I never wrote he was YOUR representative. I also never wrote he was a “shill”. You wrote that yourself and falsely ascribed it to me. Please go back and read my actual posts. You are in error sir.

As far as reading this thread is concerned, I was pointed out about your comments by some well wishers and therefore I am here.

Did I write ill of you in particular, Dr. Bhatti? Had I even written your name before today? No, I have not. Please cut and paste my “comments” about you please.

Believe me, I would not have otherwise I seldom have time to go through my own e-mails let alone stalk forum threads.

Believe me, sir, I know what you mean. I also seldom have time to go through e mails. But I post online to help educate and inform patients and potential patients. I see this as a responsibility inherent to supporting this community. I do not consider it to be “stalking”.

Now that I am here I have read the threads, I find many remarks by you to be disgustingly disrespectful to the collective conscience of this respected forum- the world's #1.

I don’t know what a “ collective conscience” is, nor how you were able to tap into it so I will leave it at that. But I will ask you to cut and paste the “many remarks” by me that were disgustingly disrespectful to anyone. I honestly don’t believe I’ve done this to you or even to the “collective conscience”.

Meet me on a fair thread and I shall surely put some of your misconceptions about the effectivity of FUE to rest. I

Is this not a “fair thread”? How isn’t it so?

I have offered no misconceptions about the effectivity of FUE. I have offered nothing about the effectivity of FUE at all.

I HAVE asked how FUE megasession advocates reconcile the claim that FUE is just as reliable and successful as FUT when all known FUE methods inflict three detrimental forces on each and every graft that FUT methods do not. I HAVE also asked how FUE has significantly changed over the past 14 years to eliminate or relieve these detrimental forces. To date no FUE advocate has answered.

t does have shortcomings, but so has FUT!

I couldn’t agree more. Every surgery has their shortcomings. No argument here. But FUE has far more compared to FUT, a fact that I believe has been ignored, suppressed, and even outright lied about in the past by doctors and non doctor advocates alike. I believe the failure to provide legal informed consent to patients is an issue that needs discussion.

Dr Feller, If FUT were so popular, you would be devoting more time to your practice. Or did you mean it was more popular in your practice!!

That was just an unnecessary personal swipe at me, sir.

I would request Bill and Pat to close this thread and start a new one on the same topic under their entire supervision where we are not waylaid.

Why would you want this thread closed? There have been no personal attacks against you. Those have been pretty much directed toward me and I haven’t asked for the thread to be closed. For what reason in particular would you want a thread NOT started or sustained by you to the tune of over 16,000 views closed?

And where have you been waylaid? And by whom?

By all means please begin another thread so we can discuss and debate the finer points of FUE. To me the field boils down to overcoming the three detrimental forces of Torsion damage, Traction damage, and Compression damage. Let’s discuss these, shall we? I look forward to the initiation of your thread. Or, if you’re too busy, I’d be happy to start the new one. Which would you prefer sir?

Dr. Alan Feller

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

Dr Feller / Dr Bhatti,

I'm not a moderator, but started a new thread for you.

Dr Bhatti, will that suffice, or does it have to be created by one of the moderators? Would love to hear your position and view on the statements made by Dr Feller previously.

See the link below

FUT versus FUE - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Comment by Dr. Feller on this thread about Sethicles from yesterday (while going back and forth with HTSoon)

He is a representative for a a physician practicing FUE. Do you think he has monetary incentives?

Feller Medical, PC

Great Neck, NY

Comment from Dr. Bhatti today:

I am not responsible for the views of a patient of mine (Sethticles) who wishes to speak for himself. Please respect the wishes of an individual. You reside in a free country and so does he. The very fact that he carries my reference on his signature does not qualify him to be termed a “shill".

Response from Dr. Feller:

I couldn’t agree with you more, sir. But the content of his posts reveals he may not be speaking just for himself as confirmed by your representative “California” who said he has been associated with being a de facto rep for you in the past by others long before today. Regardless, I never wrote he was YOUR representative. I also never wrote he was a “shill”. You wrote that yourself and falsely ascribed it to me. Please go back and read my actual posts. You are in error sir.

My question to Dr. Feller:

Dr. Feller....where and when did I (California, Patient Advisor for Dr. Bhatti for North America) "CONFIRM" that Sethicles has been associated with Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds India as a de facto rep? Please either copy/paste such a comment that you can find from me anywhere on this site (or other sites) OR take back this accusation. Why are you accusing me of saying something that YOU said yourself?

As mentioned by Dr. Bhatti, he just does not have the time to get involved in such threads which are aimed at personal attacks at members of this prestigious Forum. Dr. Bhatti rarely visits this Forum but I do monitor the posts as much as I can.

I did not get involved so far because like others I noticed that there were personal attacks being launched on members that dared to disagree. Started with calling Mickey85 and "ONLINE STALKER" and then challenging users to leave the anonymity and come out with their identities!!! Who wants to get insulted???

Now, before you ask me to identify myself, please note that I will be happy to do so. I live in Northern California and can send you my full name, phone number and home address!!!

Again, please either prove your claim (about me) or kindly take back your words. Let's not forget even the basic levels of courtesy here.

Last but not the least....With all due respect Sir, did you not read Bill's post?

Regards,

California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr Feller/Bloxham,

Something that really crops up amongst all these threads.

How does the dynamic with your own patient representative work? When there seems to be such a conflicting opinion now from you all on the validity of FUE.?

Spex has said the below in reply to Mickeys thread a while back. How does a prospective patient get any kind of aligned or consistent course of action or consult when there is such a conflciting position on FUT / FUE between you all?

Mickey85,

A very well written topic. I am a big advocate of FUE and had several sessions myself.

Educational topics such as this are great. Education is vital when it comes to all aspects of HT surgery.

I think FUE and larger sessions in particular are becoming more consistent by particular Docs and FUE in the right hands can be great. My opinion on FUE is evolving and im looking forward to the future of FUE. :cool:

Thanks for the post.

Regards

Spex

This has become a hot mess. Clearly, there are many doctors who are getting excellent results with FUE. The same for fut. There are disadvantages to both and in the end it is up to the patient. If you want every absolute graft and don't care about the scar, go fut. If you are willing to live with a little bit less grafts go with thr best fue doctor you can find.

Dear HRN Members,

I have noticed several, well respected members of his Forum resorting to "assumptions" that Seth and Darlinglocks are representatives of Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds India. I have mentioned this several times before and am doing this again......Seth and Darlinglocks are just extremely happy Patients of Dr. Bhatti and are not reps (paid or not paid) of the Clinic. As far as I know, they have no vested interest in pointing any Patients to Dr. Bhatti. They are advocating what they believe and doing their part in helping fellow HT Patients. Both of them live in free countries and have a right to free speech.

Best regards,

California

There you go California, in your very own words above.

You "confirmed" that the content of Seths' post reveal that he may not just be speaking for himself when he posts because others had noticed his rep like pattern of postings long before I did. I did't say you confirmed Seth to be a rep. I said you confirmed that others believe him to be a rep. You need to pay closer attention to what you read.

I am not the first to believe from Sethicles postings that he was a rep for an FUE doctor. You have had to deny this charge from several people in the past according to your quote. Correct? And that was the point of me bringing your quote up.

The difference is that while those people you referred to in the past accused Sethicles of representing Dr. Bhatti, I never did. It was Dr. Bhatti himself who falsely ascribed that charge to me in his post. Go back and read carefully what I wrote to HTsoon. You will see that I never said that your doctor was the one he was representing. I had never even written his name up until today. Check it out and get back to us.

You and your doctor made the same type of error. You and he have now both ascribed to me claims that I never made.

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

• Administrators
This has become a hot mess. Clearly, there are many doctors who are getting excellent results with FUE. The same for fut. There are disadvantages to both and in the end it is up to the patient. If you want every absolute graft and don't care about the scar, go fut. If you are willing to live with a little bit less grafts go with thr best fue doctor you can find.

This is what I've been saying from the get go, people weigh pros and cons differently, but some of these physicians are so hell bent on their philosophy that they forget that the patients opinion matters the most. Because at the end of the day like Dr. Feller so eloquently said its our head not his. Some people don't care about the scar hey that's fantastic FUT is a great option, others on the other hand would rather be bald than have a huge scar, I guess this just doesn't register or resonate with them. FUT and FUE both have their place in today's hair restoration and I think it's fantastic we have the ability to choose. But at the end of the day is the patients choice.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Bogger,

We do have an affiliation with Spex. He's a rep for us in the UK. However, he's his own man, and he's allowed to have his own opinions on FUE. Clearly, they differ in some respects. But we're not here to force anyone to say or do anything. Ironically, Dr Feller did his repair work a number of years ago via FUE. Grew fantastic too! To further explain our professional affiliation, and one that's not hindered by a hierarchy or anything like that, you'll note that he actually works with a number of doctors. Some of who feel differently about large FUE sessions. Again, I think this kind of works against the arguments some are making about Dr Feller trying to exert his philosophy on others. But I digress.

Lileli and HT,

Remember that it's not just about a little less growth in the front. This is a proven reality, but it could be fixed if not for the bigger issues at hand: the subdermal scarring in the donor region that reduces future successes and the higher potential for unnatural ("wiry" or "kinky") hairs in visible regions of the scalp.

But like Dr Feller said, feel free to undergo FUE if you understand these facts and still weigh this above the linear scar. But in order for patients to have full informed consent and make a proper decision, they must have the facts. They can't think that there are no consequences to an "FUE mega session" or that growth and quality is on par with strip. Telling patients this is true informed consent. And it's something all doctors, FUE and FUT lovers alike, need to tell their patients. The problem is that these things aren't said online. Just the opposite in fact. And there seems to be an interesting phenomenon where people are taking personal offense to the sharing of facts. This is the opposite of what should occur!

These facts are out there now. And all patients considering strip or FUE should read and understand them before committing to a surgery. If they review them and still chose FUE. Great! Best of luck. And why is that? Because they are now fully consented and have the ability to make the choice. That's all. No controversy; nothing personal.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators

I wonder why this video has a poor rating if FUT is more popular, I will say though that I agree with what Dr. Feller says in regards to both methods working together

sidenote: (as long as the patients ok with the scar)

View my thread

Dr. Feller,

You can play with words all day long but the facts will remain facts. When I was referring to members of this Forum assuming Sethicles to be Dr. Bhatti's rep, I was "mainly" referring to you. I was being nice and not naming you. There have been a couple of instances in the past where a couple of HRN users have asked if there was any connection between Seth and Dr. Bhatti's Clinic. Sethicles believes in Dr. Bhatti and his excellent "FUE" skills. He has decided to share his good experience with his HT Surgeon with other fellow HT Patient's....that is his call. If a Patient is so happy with his HT results that he wants tell the whole world about his HT Surgeon...should that be held against that Surgeon....?

Asking you again....did you happen to read Bill's post from today.....copy/pasting from Bill's post "to you" below......

.........................................................................................................

If in the future, you suspect someone in particular covertly representing a clinic (recommended here or not), please send me a private email and we will investigate this. We have investigated "Sethicles" and while he may speak boldly about Dr. Bhatti, I see no evidence that he is employed or represents him or the clinic in any way. Furthermore, I removed one of your posts that he is somehow "profiteering" for Dr. Bhatti as this is inappropriate.

..............................................................................................................

Respected Dr. Feller, I rest my case.

Best regards,

California

Bogger,

We do have an affiliation with Spex. He's a rep for us in the UK. However, he's his own man, and he's allowed to have his own opinions on FUE. Clearly, they differ in some respects. But we're not here to force anyone to say or do anything. Ironically, Dr Feller did his repair work a number of years ago via FUE. Grew fantastic too! To further explain our professional affiliation, and one that's not hindered by a hierarchy or anything like that, you'll note that he actually works with a number of doctors. Some of who feel differently about large FUE sessions. Again, I think this kind of works against the arguments some are making about Dr Feller trying to exert his philosophy on others. But I digress.

Lileli and HT,

Remember that it's not just about a little less growth in the front. This is a proven reality, but it could be fixed if not for the bigger issues at hand: the subdermal scarring in the donor region that reduces future successes and the higher potential for unnatural ("wiry" or "kinky") hairs in visible regions of the scalp.

But like Dr Feller said, feel free to undergo FUE if you understand these facts and still weigh this above the linear scar. But in order for patients to have full informed consent and make a proper decision, they must have the facts. They can't think that there are no consequences to an "FUE mega session" or that growth and quality is on par with strip. Telling patients this is true informed consent. And it's something all doctors, FUE and FUT lovers alike, need to tell their patients. The problem is that these things aren't said online. Just the opposite in fact. And there seems to be an interesting phenomenon where people are taking personal offense to the sharing of facts. This is the opposite of what should occur!

These facts are out there now. And all patients considering strip or FUE should read and understand them before committing to a surgery. If they review them and still chose FUE. Great! Best of luck. And why is that? Because they are now fully consented and have the ability to make the choice. That's all. No controversy; nothing personal.

I completely understand what you are saying but when are seeing doctors getting excellent results on a daily basis,it seems that they have somehow overcome some of the issues. I was just watching an interview with a recommended doctor who said that the scar issue sl isn't a big problem with the new tools. So, there seems to be a lack of consensus among doctors themselves.

• Administrators

Dr. Bloxham subdermal scarring is no different than the scalp losing elasticity, I believe the physician performs the fox test before performing the procedure. Similar to an FUT physician checking for elasticity of the scalp before the procedure, if the patient is fox 3 then the procedure is stopped and patient can have a strip procedure, no different than members scalp not being elastic and being able to do FUE instead.

Here's a graph taken from pubmed that outlines the pros and cons

Table 1

Comparison of FUT strip method and FUE

Observation Strip FUE

Pain after the procedure Minor None

Percent of time the doctor operates on the patient 10–30% 80–90%

Stitches required Yes No

Extensive bleeding during or after the procedure May occur No

Wearing hairstyle short in the donor area Not possible Possible

Natural results Yes Yes

Nerve damage, numbness, permanent pain[25] Possibly No

Healing time: donor area 2-3 weeks Approx. 7 days

Healing time: recipient area Approx. 14 days 10–14 days

Transection rate (grafts damaged during extraction) Varies 1–2% 5–10%

Recovery time needed before exercise is possible 2–3 weeks 1–2 weeks

Amount of time after which patient may return to work The day after Usually the day after

Visible scarring with short hair at back May be present Microscopic scars

Reactions to suture materials Seen rarely Never a problem

Shaving of head not needed needed

Large areas possible difficult

Cost cheaper expensive

Fatigue not tiring tiring

Patients can refer to this and see which one they'd like to choose.

Link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2956961/#!po=77.3256

View my thread

Dr. Feller,

You can play with words all day long but the facts will remain facts. When I was referring to members of this Forum assuming Sethicles to be Dr. Bhatti's rep, I was "mainly" referring to you. I was being nice and not naming you. There have been a couple of instances in the past where a couple of HRN users have asked if there was any connection between Seth and Dr. Bhatti's Clinic. Sethicles believes in Dr. Bhatti and his excellent "FUE" skills. He has decided to share his good experience with his HT Surgeon with other fellow HT Patient's....that is his call. If a Patient is so happy with his HT results that he wants tell the whole world about his HT Surgeon...should that be held against that Surgeon....?

Asking you again....did you happen to read Bill's post from today.....copy/pasting from Bill's post "to you" below......

.........................................................................................................

If in the future, you suspect someone in particular covertly representing a clinic (recommended here or not), please send me a private email and we will investigate this. We have investigated "Sethicles" and while he may speak boldly about Dr. Bhatti, I see no evidence that he is employed or represents him or the clinic in any way. Furthermore, I removed one of your posts that he is somehow "profiteering" for Dr. Bhatti as this is inappropriate.

..............................................................................................................

Respected Dr. Feller, I rest my case.

Best regards,

California

California,

So you were "mainly referring to me", eh ? So where is the post where I made the claim? Couldn't find it could you? Talk about playing games. Facts indeed are facts.

You claimed I wrote something, I challenged you to present it, you haven't. Because I never wrote it.

Dr. Bhatti and Bill confused my post with someone else's statement. I already have a call into Bill.

Dr. Feller and Dr. Bhatti,

In the interest of ongoing education, I'd like to keep this topic open and continue hosting an intellectual debate and discussion regarding the pros and cons of both strip and FUE (both of which are FUT surgery by the way).

In my opinion, there is no need to start a new topic. Dr. Feller may have started this thread however, he has no more rights to this topic than anyone else does. Thus, Dr. Bhatti, his representatives or anyone else for that matter is more than welcome to respond to anything they agree or disagree with, as long as the commends made stay on topic.

I'm concerned however, with the way members of this community are speaking to each other. Both of you are highly respected hair restoration physicians and recommended by this community. I'd like to see you both demonstrate a mutual respect for one another by presenting your thoughts, input and opinions in a respectful manner without trampling on one another. Nobody expects you two to come to an agreement here. But even those who approach a topic (in this case hair transplant surgery) differently can still have and demonstrate a mutual appreciation and respect for one another by speaking and discussing a topic with one another honorably.

The notion that Sethicles is representing Dr. Bhatti in any way has already been discussed and addressed. Dr. Feller, it seems by your last post on this matter that you are playing with semantics and digging deep into alternative meanings of words to make it seem like California has confessed something that he did not. It has already been stated that Sethicles is nothing more than an overzealous patient satisfied with his results with Dr. Bhatti. There is no evidence that he is formally representing Dr. Bhatti and thus, I ask that all discussion of this stop unless someone can privately prove to me otherwise.

Dr. Feller, I have not received a phone call from you. I don't know what number you called, but please call me at 954-558-0579. I did speak with Blake today on the phone and hope to speak with him again tomorrow as well. Perhaps we can plan to speak tomorrow also.

I'm going to ask one more time that members of this community speak respectfully to one another on this topic. This goes for Dr. Feller, Dr. Bhatti and all other members of this community.

At the end of the day, we are all on the same side and ultimately, we all want to see patients get the best results. Dr. Feller and Dr. Bhatti have two very different approaches to this and in my opinion, both physicians deserve our respect and thanks for doing their part in improving and enhancing the procedure and the field. Now, let's all show some respect for one another and discuss this topic calmly and intelligently, without accusation, blame or insult.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Dr. Feller,

While we are waiting to connect via telephone, I ask that you please acknowledge and respond to the comments I directed towards you on this topic. I appreciate you starting these topics. But if I continue to see comments from you that are continually interpreted as disrespectful by other members, I will have to lock these topics and prevent further discussion.

Thanks,

Bill

HT,

I disagree that decreased elasticity in FUT is akin to subdermal scarring in FUE. If you lose elasticity during multiple FUT procedures, you could theoretically risk scar stretching. Elasticity is actually a multifactorial issue and more complicated that you're discussing here, but I digress. Regardless of what happens with the scar, the tissue around it is unchanged. That means all this tissue is still available for extraction. This includes taking it via FUE or mFUE. With subdermal scarring, however, you actually decrease the yield you can take during subsequent procedures. As you can see, two very different issues.

And all the "FOX" test does is check for angulation. Even if you "pass," you still put torsion strain, compression strain, avulsion strain, and risk dehydration and non-growth post-implantation secondary to skeletonization. Like I said before, transection is the least of FUE's problems.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Feller,

While we are waiting to connect via telephone, I ask that you please acknowledge and respond to the comments I directed towards you on this topic. I appreciate you starting these topics. But if I continue to see comments from you that are continually interpreted as disrespectful by other members, I will have to lock these topics and prevent further discussion.

Thanks,

Bill

What comments are you referring to? Which page?