FUT is more popular than FUE

There are some really good FUE docs in North America, Dr Vories, Dr Arocha and Dr Diep to name but three...I'm willing to bet they are a lot more positive about FUE than Dr Feller, and the reason is they are showcasing great results online with FUE. Simples.

+1 about the technician in the US argument. I've been saying this for months, but it was mainly ignored. The argument that FUE isn't as popular or pricing structures are different in the US opposed to Europe/Turkey because of technician involvement is a farce. Maybe Dr Feller's statement will finally refute this point.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

+1 about the technician in the US argument. I've been saying this for months, but it was mainly ignored. The argument that FUE isn't as popular or pricing structures are different in the US opposed to Europe/Turkey because of technician involvement is a farce. Maybe Dr Feller's statement will finally refute this point.

Dr. Bloxham, so in the US the techs are allowed to extract the graft(with forceps) but a surgeon is the only one that can punch/score the graft with a punch. This differs compared to Europe though where techs are allowed to basically do it all so the two are not identical. I do agree that it still does not dictate pricing structures or popularity.

Mick,

That is NY law specifically. There are MULTIPLE states where techs can do everything. I've told scar multiple times that any doctor could easily open a technician FUE clinic in one of these states, but it isn't done. What's more, most doctors aren't aware of the state laws or don't seem to care. Think about how certain FUE machine companies will send their "trained technicians" do to procedures wherever you put the machine -- after it's purchased. I've never seen anything about "state specific" on their websites.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mick,

That is NY law specifically. There are MULTIPLE states where techs can do everything. I've told scar multiple times that any doctor would easily open a technician FUE clinic in one of these states, but it isn't done. What's more, most doctors aren't aware of the state laws or don't seem to care. Think about how certain FUE machine companies will send their "trained technicians" do to procedures wherever you put the machine -- after it's purchased. I've never seen anything about "state specific" on their websites.

Wow, never knew about that loophole. I wonder if Atlanta allows techs to do everything..

Pricing is driven by the market my friend, surgeons will price their services according to what patients are willing to pay. U.S. Surgeons are just charging what enough patients are willing to pay. The real question should be why U.S. Patients are willing to pay these high fees when they can get the same/higher quality FUE in Europe and Turkey and still make a significant saving after you factor in the costs of travel.

Edited by mav23100gunther

Hi

having researched hair transplants for the last 4 years and literally looking at thousands of results and the different techniques offered I am shocked that Dr feller is making such blanket statements which actually seem to do nothing but show him in an very unfavourable and also unprofessional light due to his seemingly arrogant and patronising manner!!

Firstly with respect regarding fue results I can categorically state that both Dr Lorenzo and Dr endogan regularly and CONSISTENTLY produce far superior fue results to almost anything I have seen from Dr fellers strip surgeries both in tens of naturalness and yield!!! In fact in the last 4 years iv seen very little strip results of any good/excellent growth from Dr feller and zero via fue!! When Lorenzo was in Manchester we had regular cases shown with amazing results and Dr erdogan posts almost weekly great fue results one after another almost all show donor shaved down without a guard as several are 2 stage procedures, hd videos, comb through results and honest presentations although Dr endogan has come under fire for wet per op against dry post ops which he is now addressing!!

With all due respect Dr feller is very rarely mentioned these days regarding who's who of surgeons by experiences educated posters or newbies looking for advice on surgeons!!

Chrisdav and Irish sailor both got great results from dr feller via strip and Qdos for that, however correct me if I'm wrong but the only other poster I can think of is a guy called taloconwest or something similar who seemed to be having a pretty bad result upto the 8 month mark then just stopped posting! I believe he was a Dr feller patient who had strip, I may be wrong and apologise if I am!!

But it's really annoying to see someone who can influence people's decision spouting what I consider total rubbish with regards to fue results in general! Yes due can and isa give poor results but so does strip, fact!! Poor yield from both, yes absolutely, excellent yield from both, yes absolutely, both a gamble again yes, both leave scars, yes!! But without question s strip scar is by far worse then the shotgun blast look Dr feller obscurely describes, iv had fue by Dr feridiuni who I regard on a par with the best of the best in fue and I can and do shave down to a grade 1 regularly, has anyone ever noticed or commented on my donor,? No!! Could a experienced Dr or ht patient tell? Maybe, but do I care if some expert could microscopically detect IT, no absolutely not! Do I care if I'm everyday life your average person would detect it and ask about the strip scar on the back of my shaven head then yes, I abbsolutley would!! I am 100% happy I chose fue and I think most strip patients if honestly answered if they could turn back time knowing how good fue results have become they wish they had gone fue then most, not all would!!

Also it's very big of you to not be anonymous given that your a Dr in this industry dr feller as you have no option, it's your job it's what you do, you can't be anonymous so I think it's laughable how you keep trying to get anyone who critises you to man up and reveal their identity?? What difference does that make?? I think you have come across unprofessional, rude and to be honest you seem to think your option is gospel and hold yourself in much higher regard them most people ever would of you on this forum!! It's a shame but I can assure you your attitude and rants will have caused the opposite of what I think you are trying to achieve because they say and publicity is good publicity but I think you have proved this wrong as business I'm sure won't get better due to this and your other recent thrreads!!

Last thing are you saying them that Dr feriduni, Lorenzo and erdogans results are fur are sub par to your strip ones?? As anyone can clearly see that they are not!!

I think most strip patients if honestly answered if they could turn back time knowing how good fue results have become they wish they had gone fue then most, not all would!!

I'm not upset I went with strip. I wanted to maximize my lifetime grafts and I have ridiculously good laxity and less that great density. Would I do fue? Sure I would! But that'll come when I'm wrapping things up years down the road. I certainly agree you get better fue results from virgin scalp without fibrotic scarring, so, I will probably bang it out with one final fue.

That's just for me. There are guys with different characteristics and different goals and because of that both procedures will always be needed. I'm personally glad that there is such high pressure on the industry and physicians to produce better results and to try new things. The days of someone willing to take meds and get a ht having to look bald are about over for most people. We've made it more to only having to look "balding" and I believe that's because of the demand for more refined and higher yield results, regardless of the extraction method.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Seems to me the doctors that specialize in FUE are posting results on this board at an extremely high level that are on par or better that FUT results being posted.

In my opinion, at some point the only doctors still doing FUT will be the ones not good enough to produce and deliver the same level of result as FUE.

Spanker

I totally believe you, you and Mickey 85 I'm my opinion are the 2 most educated and level headed posters on this forum and I respect both of you equally!! Im sure ChrisdAv and Irishsailor would say the same and I'm not knocking strip it has it's place, and suits certain people better! You wear your hair quite long and never want to buzz as you've said due to personal preference and you cvg( think that's the term) and it suits you longer! And if I were to go strip then koniour along with hasson would definitely be my choice both amazing strip surgeons!! It's not I'm against strip but I am against a dr who is negatively disregarding fue unless your stripped out or need minor touch up work, that's ludicrous!! I like a shaved head and that's what I chose and can chose to sport!! If I'd had strip could I? Probably not and that again is my personal choice!

Answer me honestly though of all the results you have seen is dr fellers work better than dr Lorenzo dr erdogan or dr Feridunis irrespective of what type of surgery was used?? Ignore that fact that dr fellers is strip and ignore that the others are fue!!

And dr feller since you do so much fue still, can you post some grown out patients with the type of results the other drs mentioned produce because in here and the internet you can see hundreds of their fue results and is like to see some of yours as I can't remember the last ones you have shown if regularly ever?? I don't see dr Lorenzo or erdogan on here slamming strip surgery and I know de Feriduni does both but they don't have to as their results speak for themselves maybe it's time to let yours do the same??

Answer me honestly though of all the results you have seen is dr fellers work better than dr Lorenzo dr erdogan or dr Feridunis irrespective of what type of surgery was used?? Ignore that fact that dr fellers is strip and ignore that the others are fue!!

And dr feller since you do so much fue still, can you post some grown out patients with the type of results the other drs mentioned produce because in here and the internet you can see hundreds of their fue results and is like to see some of yours as I can't remember the last ones you have shown if regularly ever?? I don't see dr Lorenzo or erdogan on here slamming strip surgery and I know de Feriduni does both but they don't have to as their results speak for themselves maybe it's time to let yours do the same??[/quote

I have had surgery with DR feller and Dr Lorenzo and I choose Dr Feller every time. But each to there own. At the end of the day it's personal choice, we all know that.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Hi irishsailor

Your dead right, I've had surgery with neither and am basing it purely on shown results!! Glad you got a very good one as everyone who has to go through surgery,recovery and growth times deserves a good one in the end and that's all that matters!!

All the surgeons you mentioned are great, not a bad one amongst them. I gues we all have our favourites. For me personally, it's hard to knock Dr feller as I got a great surgery from him.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I'm a supporter of both methods. I really like following an actual patients journey though rather than the cherry picked results posted by clinics and from what i've seen online I've noticed that there are a lot more FUE patients who have less than adequate results, a lot of FUE patients who just disappear after the initial euphoria of a procedure and a lot of FUE patients who need to return for top ups.

I think that happens with both fue and strip patients, I've had fue myself and stopped posting, not because I was unhappy in any way and I have also had a top up 12 months after my procedure as I felt there was a slight gap in my hairline at the front from day one and dr Feriduni stood by his work and agreed if I was less than 100. % satisfied he would address it and that's exactly what he did Nd I can honestly say a ht is the best decision I've ever made! It's mad a huge difference to my look and the few people who know about my procedure are amazed by how natural it looks!! Both procedures can give excellent results and both can give poor!! I think I see no difference in which type gives better, just I'd prefer nonlinear scar!!

All the typical hyperbole, but some posts stand out:

Spanker, you are dead on correct. I agree with you. Strip until you can't anymore, THEN go FUE. To get this, patients can go to a doctor who routinely does both like I do, or Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Bisanga, etc... . All excellent. Or, go to a great strip doctor first then go to an FUE only doctor like Dr. Lorenzo. What could possibly be wrong with that plan? I think it makes the most sense. I would not and have not had FUE performed on me for a reason. Doesn't that speak volumes?

Irish, thank you for telling it like it is and participating.

I think the attacks on me and FUT are getting old. If anyone has any actual questions about this topic please ask them so that others who aren't so cocksure of which way they want to go, FUT or FUE, can learn a thing or two from BOTH sides.

Hi

having researched hair transplants for the last 4 years and literally looking at thousands of results and the different techniques offered I am shocked that Dr feller is making such blanket statements which actually seem to do nothing but show him in an very unfavourable and also unprofessional light due to his seemingly arrogant and patronising manner!!

Firstly with respect regarding fue results I can categorically state that both Dr Lorenzo and Dr endogan regularly and CONSISTENTLY produce far superior fue results to almost anything I have seen from Dr fellers strip surgeries both in tens of naturalness and yield!!! In fact in the last 4 years iv seen very little strip results of any good/excellent growth from Dr feller and zero via fue!! When Lorenzo was in Manchester we had regular cases shown with amazing results and Dr erdogan posts almost weekly great fue results one after another almost all show donor shaved down without a guard as several are 2 stage procedures, hd videos, comb through results and honest presentations although Dr endogan has come under fire for wet per op against dry post ops which he is now addressing!!

With all due respect Dr feller is very rarely mentioned these days regarding who's who of surgeons by experiences educated posters or newbies looking for advice on surgeons!!

Chrisdav and Irish sailor both got great results from dr feller via strip and Qdos for that, however correct me if I'm wrong but the only other poster I can think of is a guy called taloconwest or something similar who seemed to be having a pretty bad result upto the 8 month mark then just stopped posting! I believe he was a Dr feller patient who had strip, I may be wrong and apologise if I am!!

But it's really annoying to see someone who can influence people's decision spouting what I consider total rubbish with regards to fue results in general! Yes due can and isa give poor results but so does strip, fact!! Poor yield from both, yes absolutely, excellent yield from both, yes absolutely, both a gamble again yes, both leave scars, yes!! But without question s strip scar is by far worse then the shotgun blast look Dr feller obscurely describes, iv had fue by Dr feridiuni who I regard on a par with the best of the best in fue and I can and do shave down to a grade 1 regularly, has anyone ever noticed or commented on my donor,? No!! Could a experienced Dr or ht patient tell? Maybe, but do I care if some expert could microscopically detect IT, no absolutely not! Do I care if I'm everyday life your average person would detect it and ask about the strip scar on the back of my shaven head then yes, I abbsolutley would!! I am 100% happy I chose fue and I think most strip patients if honestly answered if they could turn back time knowing how good fue results have become they wish they had gone fue then most, not all would!!

Also it's very big of you to not be anonymous given that your a Dr in this industry dr feller as you have no option, it's your job it's what you do, you can't be anonymous so I think it's laughable how you keep trying to get anyone who critises you to man up and reveal their identity?? What difference does that make?? I think you have come across unprofessional, rude and to be honest you seem to think your option is gospel and hold yourself in much higher regard them most people ever would of you on this forum!! It's a shame but I can assure you your attitude and rants will have caused the opposite of what I think you are trying to achieve because they say and publicity is good publicity but I think you have proved this wrong as business I'm sure won't get better due to this and your other recent thrreads!!

Last thing are you saying them that Dr feriduni, Lorenzo and erdogans results are fur are sub par to your strip ones?? As anyone can clearly see that they are not!!

150% agree. You have summed up how I feel about this whole thing.

a lot of FUE patients who just disappear after the initial euphoria of a procedure and a lot of FUE patients who need to return for top ups.

I fall under this "return for a top up" category, but I wouldn't call it a top up, it was always the plan, Dr Bhatti did not want to over harvest, there was only so much he could do in a day, its been 2 years Im booked in November, to thicken up the crown and fix the dislodged grafts that I was my own accident. Is my result perfect, I don't think so, but is the best result for minimal scarring and for price point, yes. My HT has completely changed my life, it has given back my confidence, I now manage a design studio in Chiang Mai where I have to deal with clients face to face and also deal with other designers and be in charge, something that before HT i couldnt do, from lack of confidence.

So the term euphoria also happened to me, but its still there, and over the past year or more I have hardly been on this forum, I simply got on living my life, perhaps thats another reason why these FUE pts disappear.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Hi

Agree totally. If you have a new technique good for you but let's see the results and let them do the talking. Otherwise it stands solely as a marketing campaign and no better than infomercials.

The untrue BLANKET claims on FUE results need to stop from

dr fellers side for this new technique to have any

Credibility IMO .

The reason people are riled by these falsehoods is they are recipients of excelent results and can recognise an agenda when they see it.

If we were all here sitting with 60% or poor yields we would all

Be on here saying 'you know what Dr feller is dead right '.