Cast your vote FUE OR STRIP and were

Ok guys there are lots of fue v fuss threads going on so if you want to say your piece please go to one of them.

Please just cast your vote with a simple one word answer.

FUE OR STRIP ?

And were would be your preffered choice based on the results attainable?

EUROPE & TURKEY OR NORTH AMERICA ?

Examples - fue and europe or strip and north america or fue and north america

Thanks for your time

or fue and North America time

Should not even be an option, FUE in the USA is a complete and utter rip-off compared to European prices and European quality. Also very interesting that you called out Turkey from Europe, when in fact a portion of Turkey is in Europe - symmantics I guess though.

My answer - FUT & North America until i am stripped out, and then FUE & Turkey to finish e off.

Talking generally and not looking at individual cases I would choose FUT when everything is taken into account although it does not have to be in North American.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

FUE and Turkey/Europe

If you are new to FUE, you definitely may want to consider that zone. IMO Leading region for high density and high yielding results and best price, too many folks and too many positive stories. Was one of my original destinations, even before the forum fue craze for that location. Wish i could turn back time and go to a highly experienced fue location...

FUE either in Europe or Turkey

FUT is suffering a slow dead. Just look at various national boards and some international. You'll see that the overwhelming majority wants and goes for a FUE. This is actually one of the few boards where FUT is somewhat popular.

FUT is getting old fashioned and isn't of this time anymore imo.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

depends if people are answering honestly with the head or there heart. What we want and what we should go for ain't always the same.

We all fit into different categories and people should go for the best technique that best suits them

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

depends if people are answering honestly with the head or there heart. What we want and what we should go for ain't always the same.

We all fit into different categories and people should go for the best technique that best suits them

I 100% agree here.

This all depends on many Factors such as supply& demand, hair loss history, age, Donor density taking Meds, blah blah.

Not everyone is better served with A or B nor is everybody is the same.

There is pros & cons in both also this is surgery & Surgery is risky nomatter what.

NOT ONE FITS ALL.

I would always opt for FUE as based on research and personal experience i dont think think is a big variable in yields when done by a top clinic. I would not recommend the turkey large scale sessions though.

Most importantly to keep the 'Get out of Jail' card and shave down if loss progress's beyond means or future Donor area thinning.

Edited by BaldingBogger

FUT (North America or Europe). Best yield and hair taken from the most permanent donor zone....and maximum no of grafts over lifetime.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Irishsailor,ontop, as i said in the first post its just a were and what? at this particular point in you would have.

Either you know what you would prefer or you are undecided.

So baldingbogger your going fue but not in turkey? so would it be the US or europe or elsewhere?

Like i said in original post short answers please its not meant to be a discussion there are plenty of threads for that already.

Thanks guys

Irishsailor,ontop, as i said in the first post its just a were and what? at this particular point in you would have.

Either you know what you would prefer or you are undecided.

So baldingbogger your going fue but not in turkey? so would it be the US or europe or elsewhere?

Like i said in original post short answers please its not meant to be a discussion there are plenty of threads for that already.

Thanks guys

Only FUE Europe. Lorenzo/Bisanga/Maras/Feriduni

FUE either in Europe or Turkey

FUT is suffering a slow dead. Just look at various national boards and some international. You'll see that the overwhelming majority wants and goes for a FUE. This is actually one of the few boards where FUT is somewhat popular.

FUT is getting old fashioned and isn't of this time anymore imo.

There is a great place for FUE in the mix but this statement is way off center to be credible.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I agree cant, there is a place for both procedures

I notice a lot of fue advocates are younger guys, not all but a lot, if guys in their 20s with high norwoods go for these mega session fues they could be in big trouble when they get older, there simply wont be enough donor left to fill in further recession, of course they could then shave down but my bet is they wont be happy with that

There is a great place for FUE in the mix but this statement is way off center to be credible.

True.

I you look at the census results it is still around 60:40 in favour of strip. FUE market share has risen for a few reasons: affordability, increase in popularity among younger guys (The Rooney effect), and improved results.

Europe has seen the biggest increase in patients (+35% from 2010 to 2012) but worldwide the number of patients has also grown from 250,000 to over 300,000.

If anyone has any evidence that the number of strips is lessening then please post it but in reality it is probably still growing (at a slower rate to FUE), but reducing in market share.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It be interesting to see this forum in 5/10 yrs time...

Wonder what sort of convo we all be having?

IMO I think FUT will still be in that convo even though rankings may have dipped this last 5 yrs or so.

True.

I you look at the census results it is still around 60:40 in favour of strip. FUE market share has risen for a few reasons: affordability, increase in popularity among younger guys (The Rooney effect), and improved results.

Europe has seen the biggest increase in patients (+35% from 2010 to 2012) but worldwide the number of patients has also grown from 250,000 to over 300,000.

If anyone has any evidence that the number of strips is lessening then please post it but in reality it is probably still growing (at a slower rate to FUE), but reducing in market share.

You look at the census results from 2013 from ISHRS? Well first of all it's 2015.

Secondly it's N=161 only under ISHRS members. Not a really good representation is it?

Open your eyes go to independent inter(national) forums and look in the hair transplant sections. Here start with this forum for example (translate it);

Chirurgische behandelingen - Haarweb Forum

Really goddamn hard to even find a FUT topic isn't it :D? And now go to other forums and look for yourself.

Is it hard data? No , but probably is indicative of what people look for/want!!

People want a less invasive procedure and don't want a scar. It's that simple. Come on it's goddamn 2015. In the end consumers dictate the market anyway.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com