Any good transplant clinics in Greece?

matfue

Hello everybody! I was really surprised to find out that there is such a good forum dedicated to hair loss and restoration. Nice!

I am considering hair transplant just lately and I just started my research. My hair has been gradually thinning overall on scalp with a focus. On crown and frontal area. Thinning has started since I was. 18 years old up to now that I am 39. Though I don't think I have a big issue of thinning I really want to thicken my hair and cover those areas which look emptier.

I have had a visit to a clinic just outside Athens, Greece for a consultation. Looked decent but I still want to do some serious research before taking such a decision.

Any feedback for Clinics in Greece? Any suggestions?

In my case I would say the important parameters are that I can't be off work longer than 2 Weeks so recovery time is very important. also I don't mind density so much I prefer to have a really natural effect even if not super thick. I don't need a hairline redo as such. Just an overall increase of density

I appreciate your feedback in advance!!!!

Edited by David - Moderator

The Hair Transplant Network does not currently recommend any clinics in Greece but that does not mean that there are not quality hair restoration physicians three. You'll want to find out the name of the physician that will be performing your procedure and see if you can find unbiased, third party reviews of his work.

In the meantime, I also recommend taking a look at our interactive map for recommended physicians worldwide. There are many quality hair transplant surgeons a short distance from Greece.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The Hair Transplant Network does not currently recommend any clinics in Greece but that does not mean that there are not quality hair restoration physicians three. You'll want to find out the name of the physician that will be performing your procedure and see if you can find unbiased, third party reviews of his work.

In the meantime, I also recommend taking a look at our interactive map for recommended physicians worldwide. There are many quality hair transplant surgeons a short distance from Greece.

Actually not entirely true David. Dr Maras in Cyprus, as I believe he is in the Greek half of the island.

With that being said, be prepared to travel outside of Greece. I recommend taking a look at Erdogan of Turkey and Feriduni of Belgium.

Actually not entirely true David. Dr Maras in Cyprus, as I believe he is in the Greek half of the island.

With that being said, be prepared to travel outside of Greece. I recommend taking a look at Erdogan of Turkey and Feriduni of Belgium.

It's my understanding that Cyprus, while to a large degree is culturally Greek, does not belong to Greece. And, since it's an island almost 700 miles from mainland Greece, even if it were, I would not consider this as being "in" Greece as there would be some air or boat travel involved.

Seems that it would be no easier than traveling to any other part of Europe unless the patient is concerned about having a Greek speaking physician. In which case you have a point.

If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just to put things in perspective, Cyprus is a separate European state Called “ The Republic of Cyprus” which is one country as recognized from the European union and the international community. The Turkish occupied area is just not controlled from the official state.

But anyway this is politics that may not concern the people in this forum.

However Cyprus is part of the Hellenic Nation and usually for Greek patients that want to have a hair transplant in a good clinic they come to HDC in Cyprus.

For the sake of information, HDC Hair Clinic has more patients from Greece than from Cyprus itself. It takes about 70 min flight to come from Eleftherios Venizelos airport to Larnaca airport.

HDC provides free airport transfers and free accommodation to patients coming from Greece and abroad in general.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 year later...

Advanced Hair Clinic is fine. Had mine there and so far so good after 12 days. I've a thread and I'll post updates as I go along. I got it for €3,000 which included airport transfers and 2 nights hotel. I'm going back nexy year to do the back of my head next year

Advanced Hair Clinic is fine. Had mine there and so far so good after 12 days. I've a thread and I'll post updates as I go along. I got it for €3,000 which included airport transfers and 2 nights hotel. I'm going back nexy year to do the back of my head next year

Hi patrick1916,

I am glad that you are happy with your hair transplant.

Can you please post your case with clear photos of before, immediately after and your monthly progress in order for the forum readers to follow your case ? Please let the forum readers as well know the number of grafts that have been placed for a better documentation.

This way you will be helping the forum readers to compare your experience to others according to the fees you have paid.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 9 months later...

I've just joined the group and I'd like to recommend Dr. Karalexis Apostolos in Athens Greece. Here is my story:

"After visiting 4 different doctors, regardless of the price (he was not the lowest price, in the middle) I felt very comfortable and confident for our first meeting. He was very honest about what results he would provide for me (I didn’t have the best donor area). He never made me feel pressured at all. He event gave me his personal cell and told me I could called him after anytime after our first meeting and then after the procedure. He saw me the day after the procedure and one week after since I was in Greece on vacation. His two assistants during the procedure were also very professional and well trained. I would go back for another procedure anytime. He was very professional, qualified and really cares about his patients.

Top notch office, very clean and nice."

Any questions, please feel free to email me.

J. Becht