Dr. Paul Shapiro – Hair Line Plug Repair Result – 2334gr/4112 hairs

Thanks Haircut! Good seeing you last week. Hope you're well.

Great result! This guy is lucky to have so much hair after having an HT in the 90's! He must have just had some slight recession. Those pluggy grafts actually held up pretty well too!

Yeah. He held on to a lot of hair to have had a procedure in the nineties. Is he on finasteride?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Man those old plugs are scary! I'm glad I was too poor in the 90's to end up with one of those.

Phenomenal repair Dr. Paul! Perfectly natural.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yeah. He held on to a lot of hair to have had a procedure in the nineties. Is he on finasteride?

Yes, he's been on Finasteride for years.

This patient is very happy with his results. It's great to see such transformations. Thanks for your comments and feedback.

Aside from being a really nice result, this is a perfect reminder about how vital finasteride is. This guy would be in a WORLD of hurt--and certainly couldn't be repaired nearly this effectively--if he hadn't taken a DHT inhibitor for all those years. He probably has an above-average amount of hair now for a 40-something.

I've said this to a lot of friends: if you lose hair relatively early but hope on a DHT inhibitor, there will probably be a certain point where you'll OVERTAKE a lot of your friends, in terms of amount of hair, who didn't lose "early" but lose ground over time. I'm just 32 now, but have a lot of friends with visible hair loss that wasn't there at ~23-25. One of the "blessings" of visible early loss is that it can prompt you to take action and get on the meds that'll help you actually keep an enviable amount of your hair as you get into your mid-30s and beyond.