FUE 3665 Grafts - Dr. Bhatti - May 1st 2015

techie

@AmanPReet,

I agree that it is rather suspicious that you bumped a topic  that is several years old just to make a brief statement that you’re sorry the result didn’t turn out.   What is your reason for doing this? There could be a legitimate reason  for this of course, but Many, including myself to become suspicious when new members begin to bump all topics that could be construed as controversial. 

I look forward to your response. 

Bill

Thanks Bill, for chiming in here. Very suspicious, indeed. Will wait for his response if and when it comes!

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I think by commenting again, this thread was reactivated by you all.

Either way, it is given that even the best HT surgeons will have some bad outcomes, they are also humans, please show me a HT surgeon/Proceduralist with 100% success?, it is impossible.

Yes, clinics with good reputation would reach out and help those patients who have had bad results. I hope that the forum is used to seek such guidance and neither used to bring down those recommended doctors who may have occasional bad results, not used to bully or CHIDE patients with bad outcomes from expressing their genuine concerns or opinions.

My Thread: 

3 hours ago, harin said:

I think by commenting again, this thread was reactivated by you all. 

Hi Harin,

This is not the first time this has happened recently. I can't see any valid reason for a new user doing this apart from him/her being coerced to do so from another clinic. My own natural instinct in such situations is not to idly stand by.  I've also a pretty good idea where it came from which is a surprise because I actually held that clinic in extremely high regard. 

Even during my own patient review you will see several times my result being unfairly knocked and it actually took one of Dr Erdogen's star patients Yaz to shut down the trolling once and for all. Professional jealousy is very much alive and kicking.

Anyway I agree whole heatedly with the rest of your post, spot on.

Also I hope you are enjoying your very own fine new head of hair, it'll be great if you could post some fresh pictures, I'm intrigued to see how 9000 grafts look like a few years down the line.

All the best to you Harin.

Edited by Shera

The poster is almost certainly  working for a rival clinic  in India I would suggest, happens all the time ,fortunately most of them seem pretty inept and it stands out a mile 

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 1

Did the poster have a hairtransplant ? If he did and the result is helpfull to other forum members I think that is very helpfull.  The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it Mick.  If its a great result , its a great result. Would you agree? 

1 hour ago, paddyirishman said:

Did the poster have a hairtransplant ? If he did and the result is helpfull to other forum members I think that is very helpfull.  The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it Mick.  If its a great result , its a great result. Would you agree? 

Not quite following your logic there Paddy regarding the concerns some of us have regarding the new post on this thread  , it just looks very suspicious a new poster  resurrecting an old thread ,most new posters comment on current threads or want advice about their situation ,every clinic has at least a few subpar results on this site , why did he pick that particular one ?   

Edited by Mick50

Well I agree with that member being a part of a competitor and showing us the bad results. However his intentions are not wrong, he is showing us the real results which you would never see on Google reviews or his YouTube channel 

On 2/4/2019 at 7:27 PM, jonnyalex said:

Either way, I am interested to know if Dr Bhatti fixed this unsatisfactory result

Dr Bhatti stood by the result, accepted full responsibility and offered to fix it for free but the patient was working in South East Asia and decided to visit a local surgeon instead.

And that's the last we heard from him.

Edited by Shera

On 2/9/2019 at 8:10 AM, Shera said:

Dr Bhatti stood by the result, accepted full responsibility and offered to fix it for free but the patient was working in South East Asia and decided to visit a local surgeon instead.

And that's the last we heard from him.

"Accepting full responsibility" should include an offer of a refund.

Why would the patient be required to trust the doc who gave him a bad result to fix it?

Not throwing shade at Dr. Bhatti specifically, more of a general comment.

6 hours ago, baldlivesmatter said:

"Accepting full responsibility" should include an offer of a refund.

Why would the patient be required to trust the doc who gave him a bad result to fix it?

Not throwing shade at Dr. Bhatti specifically, more of a general comment.

Hi Baldlives,

There are many surgeries that do not produce the desired result, many life determining ones too that are carried out at great expense, especially in your native US.

I wonder if these patients get full refunds if things don't work out as planned?

With other goods and services we consumers purchase and feel are not quite up to our expectations, do we ever get full refunds?

In the case of the patient Techie you will see that myself and my US colleague California reached out to the patient at an early stage. The patient actually never did have any dialogue with me.

Moving onto the surgery itself, it would have been carried out exactly the same as mine just 7 months prior and I'm yet to see a result nearly 5 years down the line that comes even close to mine considering the number of grafts used.

So why did the surgery fail?

I'm sure you are aware being an ex and current patient yourself that many factors besides the surgery itself can determine an end result.  Amongst other factors, a patient's own physiology comes into play and a patient's own state of mind in my opinion. In this case, the patient does highlight that he was pretty stressed with work. Hair transplant surgery besides, is this the right frame of mind to recover from any surgery?

Should a surgeon that has performed a near perfect surgery be penalised for factors out of his/her own control?

Is the offer for free repeat surgery not already a generous gesture?

The patient himself refers to the other poster husqvarnawrk as being present at the clinic and having his surgery the previous day, well here's a link to his own review,

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/41858-dr-bhatti-1500-fue-on-crown-29th-april-2015/

The exact same high level of care and surgical protocols would have been used for both surgeries.

As for not trusting the Doc who gave him a bad result, in the patients own words,

"Overall impression is everyone there including Dr. Bhatti are both very personable as well as professional. I felt extremely comfortable the whole time"

Ultimately if a patient declines a free surgery with the Dr who gave him a bad result and decides to go with another surgeon who has in all likelihood given other patients bad results then that's really their prerogative.

Unless of course that particular surgeon has a 100% success record!

Edited by Shera

3.5 months ago I went to Dr. Bhatti for a combination head, beard, and chest hair FUE.   I can only comment on my results thus far, but as of now I am happy with the results and hoping there are more to come.   

This point has already been alluded to by Shera and I will reiterate.   You can take the best surgeon in the world in his/her respective specialty and see outcomes that did not match the initial expectations.   It is the nature of medicine.   There are no guarantees with any medical procedure.   Why would any reputable transplant surgeon give money back to customers because the outcome was subpar?    

We are talking about something that is subjective and hard to quantify.   I am not trying to reduce the OP's concerns, but for the degree of hair loss and the amount of grafts harvested you can't expect it to be a one and done type of procedure.   When I went to Dr. Bhatti, I was already planning the next procedure in my head because I knew my ultimate goal and I was realistic in what was needed to achieve it.   

The OP talks about grafts growing straight up in a "kinky" fashion.   What does the original poster think that beard hair is going to do?   It is not going to lay perfect like head hair.   Over time it will be less obvious, but that takes patience.   Also, I read where the original poster said that they can take all of his beard hair because he doesn't like shaving.   From my understanding, that is the opposite sentiment that he should have.   He would actually be better served growing out his beard to hide any possible scarring, even if minimal.    I think I had approximately 700 beard grafts harvested and I can tell you, without a doubt, the majority are growing like a chia pet.   I plan on getting at the very least 700 more harvested.   The spot where Dr. Bhatti took the grafts shows a very slight thinner appearance than the other portions of my beard and there is no way you would ever notice if I didn't tell you to look.   

Overall, I am very happy with how Dr. Bhatti treated me and will definitely be going back to him in the future.   In fact, my year month mark will be in October and hope that I can have my 2nd procedure with Dr. Bhatti at that time.   

I came to the discussion forum to search for something that can control an itchy scalp.   I purchased generic Scalpicin and started applying it yesterday.   I wanted to make sure this was not going to compromise results.   I clicked on the patient results section and this was the first thread I saw and I felt compelled to write.   If all my grafts stopped growing tomorrow, there is no way I would ever ask for a refund because I understand the high variability from person to person to any cosmetic procedure, especially something so particular of graft harvesting and transplantation.   We aren't discussing breast augmentations.   We are talking about a highly meticulous procedure with an unmeasurable amount of variables, including patient post-op care, that can determine the quality of the outcome.   

The thought of creating perfect results for everyone that undergoes a hair transplant is unrealistic and will never happen, regardless of the surgeon.   

We should all be thankful of surgeons like Dr. Bhatti willing to explore possibilities like using beard and chest hair at a very reasonable price.   For that, I am grateful and may the outcome of my results rest on the chemistry of my DNA.   

Please excuse any grammatical errors.  I don't have time to proof read.    

• Like 1

Hi Shera,

Appreciate the well thought out response. 

I think you made some good points but noted a few points that need to be clarified.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, Shera said:

Hi Baldlives,

There are many surgeries that do not produce the desired result, many life determining ones too that are carried out at great expense, especially in your native US.

I wonder if these patients get full refunds if things don't work out as planned?

With other goods and services we consumers purchase and feel are not quite up to our expectations, do we ever get full refunds?

Yes, all the time. Not sure if this is unique to the U.S., though I suspect you're feigning ignorance to prove a point, but yes 100% refunds are a customary thing--especially in the case a good or service doesn't perform how you expected. As an example, I returned a laptop charger last week for the simple fact that I changed my mind about wanting it. Full refund. A more similar comparison would be buying a new car--which comes with an explicit multi-year warranty and often buyback provisions that guarantee the resale price. An exact comparable situation would be the dozens of ethical doctors (especially the ones recommended on this site) who stand by their work and offer 100% refunds in the case of poor growth. Check out Legend's recent HT with Dr. Hasson where Dr. Hasson put it in writing that Legend could get a refund if growth didn't meet or exceed 90%. A bold move by the doc, but he's an awesome doctor so why would he need to be a pussy when it comes to the likelihood of a successful result?

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52968-legends-ht-with-h-n-w-2500-fue/

Also,  the use of the word "quite" in "not quite up to our expectations" is disingenuous when referring to the dog shit result this patient got.

I'm sure you are aware being an ex and current patient yourself that many factors besides the surgery itself can determine an end result.  Amongst other factors, a patient's own physiology comes into play and a patient's own state of mind in my opinion. In this case, the patient does highlight that he was pretty stressed with work. Hair transplant surgery besides, is this the right frame of mind to recover from any surgery?

Should a surgeon that has performed a near perfect surgery be penalised for factors out of his/her own control?

Should a patient be penalized for factors out of his/her control? If the patient doesn't follow post-op instructions that's one thing, but to just generally blame the patient's physiology seems like a lazy way to avoid taking responsibility. If the doctor decided the patient was physiologically fit to undergo the procedure then the doctor should also take some responsibility if that turns out to be an error of judgment.

I've never seen post-op instructions that say "avoid stress for the next year". Obviously avoiding stress during recovery is a good thing, but the idea that it materially affects a patient's results should be backed by some kind of evidence if it's going to be used as a valid argument. 

Is the offer for free repeat surgery not already a generous gesture?

Ultimately if a patient declines a free surgery with the Dr who gave him a bad result and decides to go with another surgeon who has in all likelihood given other patients bad results then that's really their prerogative.

Unless of course that particular surgeon has a 100% success record!

Again, I think you're feigning ignorance on this. Is it really that confusing why a patient would not want to undergo a procedure with a doctor that already produced a bad result on them? Even if it's the best doctor in the world, something about that procedure by that doctor did not work for that specific patient. Maybe it was the punch size, use or lack of use of PRP/Amniofill/A-Cell, or something completely different. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Not sure why this is a hard concept for you to grasp.  

Ultimately--I'm not saying that the clinic should necessarily give the patient a full refund (though I think that would be a good gesture), but the idea that the patient should assume all of the risk for a procedure turning out poorly is ridiculous. There should be some shared accountability.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:32 AM, Aryanforyou00 said:

Hi techie,

Very sorry for the unexpected transplant results.

I am also suffering from a similar problem.

Kindly let me know if your density has improved or if you have taken any step to resolve your issue.

Awaiting your reply ..

Hi,  I already posted last time and want the suggestions from @techie not by the any represented of Dr's.  I already ping him privately plz don't want replied by the Dr represented or any supporters of Dr.