FUE 3665 Grafts - Dr. Bhatti - May 1st 2015

techie

Can't blame you for running out of patience, but we can hope there will still be some more growth. Dr Bhatti usually produces some good results from what I've seen. Try to keep positive buddy, hope it all works out for you.

Techie,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Not trying to tell you how to live your life, but I think just combing the hair straight back is the least flattering method for most HT patients wear their hair.

Maybe check with a good stylist. Just a gentle part from L/R or R/L folds the hair over hair and offers the fuller thicker look and might make a big difference for you.

JMO.

Hi Techie, I totally understand your concerns, but again the most important thing is the improvement from the last set of pics. I would be more worried if I stopped seeing an improvement, hang in there.

Frankly, considering that you represent the surgeon, you should be concerned. There is barely any improvement from the last set of pics. People can be slow growers, but by month 10 all grafts should already be growing. Once a graft pokes thru, it takes 3-4 months for it to grow out and thicken. I would not expect any visible improvement between now and 18 months mark.

Lets call it what it is - an example of a bad HT outcome and dr. Bhatti should get involved.

Frankly, considering that you represent the surgeon, you should be concerned. There is barely any improvement from the last set of pics. People can be slow growers, but by month 10 all grafts should already be growing. Once a graft pokes thru, it takes 3-4 months for it to grow out and thicken. I would not expect any visible improvement between now and 18 months mark.

Lets call it what it is - an example of a bad HT outcome and dr. Bhatti should get involved.

To be frank, the fact that I made an effort to get involved in this thread shows I am very much concerned. I have also PM'd Techie my personal contact details so I can offer him any assistance he may require.

You state that you would not expect any visible improvement between now (9 months) and the 18 month mark, in that case, shall we all just throw in the towel after 9 months? I personally have had a big noticeable difference from my already amazing 9 month result, I am now at 16 months post FUE. Therefore, maybe your expectation of a full blown result after 9 months is just a wee bit off the mark.

Also, what we need to take into account here is that not all patients are the same. If an identical procedure was performed on a number of patients simultaneously, what are the chances that they will experience identical results no matter who the surgeon is. There are many other factors to consider including the patients unique genetic make up, including existing medical conditions and maybe even lifestyle and stress levels can be taken into account here.

I do make this clear to my patients and I know from my own experience that it is a chance you take. There are no guarantees. Can you categorically claim that your very own Dr Lorenzo has a 100% success rate? It is always a gamble, but a gamble where you see many past winners and very few losers.

I met a successful patient who had his HT over in the US, and he told me how he treated himself much the same way he treated his pregnant wife over a 9 month period to give his hair the best chance of growing, a bit extreme maybe but if you can, then why not.

If I compare your own results from the fine Dr Lorenzo I notice you have grown your hair a little longer and combed it over, I would say that if Techie did the same, then his result will appear not too distant to your very own once his hair thickens a bit more and you did have a lot lot more native hair to start with.

Dr Bhatti did advise me to grow my hair anywhere between 1 and 2 inches to maximise the appearance of the transplanted hair, thus creating the illusion of a full set of hair. Lets be realistic here, you will never get the density you had before your baldness set in, and certain styles as mentioned by RobC in the previous post will almost certainly be more pleasing to the eye than others, helping to maximise the aesthetic appearance of the transplanted hairs.

As other experienced and respected posters have already mentioned, lets ride out the 12-18 months and see where we stand. Depending on the result then, we will consider any further actions if need be.

Adonix, good luck with the rest of your hair journey, if you wish to place a wager that your own hair will not improve after the 9 months, then please PM me.

Techie, please feel free to email me at any time.

Edited by Shera

To be frank, the fact that I made an effort to get involved in this thread shows I am very much concerned. I have also PM'd Techie my personal contact details so I can offer him any assistance he may require.

You state that you would not expect any visible improvement between now (9 months) and the 18 month mark, in that case, shall we all just throw in the towel after 9 months? I personally have had a big noticeable difference from my already amazing 9 month result, I am now at 16 months post FUE. Therefore, maybe your expectation of a full blown result after 9 months is just a wee bit off the mark.

Also, what we need to take into account here is that not all patients are the same. If an identical procedure was performed on a number of patients simultaneously, what are the chances that they will experience identical results no matter who the surgeon is. There are many other factors to consider including the patients unique genetic make up, including existing medical conditions and maybe even lifestyle and stress levels can be taken into account here.

I do make this clear to my patients and I know from my own experience that it is a chance you take. There are no guarantees. Can you categorically claim that your very own Dr Lorenzo has a 100% success rate? It is always a gamble, but a gamble where you see many past winners and very few losers.

I met a successful patient who had his HT over in the US, and he told me how he treated himself much the same way he treated his pregnant wife over a 9 month period to give his hair the best chance of growing, a bit extreme maybe but if you can, then why not.

If I compare your own results from the fine Dr Lorenzo I notice you have grown your hair a little longer and combed it over, I would say that if Techie did the same, then his result will appear not too distant to your very own once his hair thickens a bit more and you did have a lot lot more native hair to start with.

Dr Bhatti did advise me to grow my hair anywhere between 1 and 2 inches to maximise the appearance of the transplanted hair, thus creating the illusion of a full set of hair. Lets be realistic here, you will never get the density you had before your baldness set in, and certain styles as mentioned by RobC in the previous post will almost certainly be more pleasing to the eye than others, helping to maximise the aesthetic appearance of the transplanted hairs.

As other experienced and respected posters have already mentioned, lets ride out the 12-18 months and see where we stand. Depending on the result then, we will consider any further actions if need be.

Adonix, good luck with the rest of your hair journey, if you wish to place a wager that your own hair will not improve after the 9 months, then please PM me.

Techie, please feel free to email me at any time.

Thanks for a long and exhaustive reply. However, you are trying to make things personal which is wrong on many levels. What dr. Lorenzo has to do with this patients result or with my comment? I never mentioned dr. Lorenzo, let alone said that dr. Lorenzo is better than dr. Bhatti, etc. My comment to Technie would have been the same whether the surgeon was Bhatti, dr. Lorenzo, Feller or anyone else.

In any case, since you looked at the photos in my profile, I'm sure you noted that they were taken at 5 months (dont know what you consider a comb over, but there wasnt one). I am over the moon with my result at 7 months.

I dont want to get into a war here, which you tried by going personal. This is about Techies result, not mine or anyone else's.

I offered a straight forward opinion to Techie. After 10 months (not 9) he will not see ANY new growth. In fact after 6 months >90% of hairs should have already poked thru. That information is not coming from me, but from long research and from post by experienced posters, moderators and dr's.

Shera, you are obviously new in the whole marketing business. Lesson 1 - dont take comments personally, be factual, frank and take action. Dr. Bhatti is a great surgeon, but this result is far from acceptable. He should look into it and take the responsibility.

Edited by adonix

Hi Adonix,

Please note that we (Darling Buds India/Dr. Bhatti) would never shy away from taking responsibility, as need be. As Shera has mentioned in his post, he has reached out to Techie. Since Shera is in the UK and I am located in California (as is Techie), I have also reached out to him via email and text message. We want to make sure that all of our Patients get good results and are happy with their HT.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Adonix,

Please note that we (Darling Buds India/Dr. Bhatti) would never shy away from taking responsibility, as need be. As Shera has mentioned in his post, he has reached out to Techie. Since Shera is in the UK and I am located in California (as is Techie), I have also reached out to him via email and text message. We want to make sure that all of our Patients get good results and are happy with their HT.

Best regards,

California

Cool. Thats a much better reply. The way Shera went defensive, then passive-aggressive was completely unnecessary.

I do hope patient gets benefit of more growth over next few months.

@ Shera, Dr. Bhatti is an excellent surgeon, no doubt about it, but he has had his share of bad results too, every surgeon has some bad results, please don't take it personal. In fact before you commented I had no idea adonix was Lorenzo patient!.

thank you.

My Thread: 

• 2 months later...

I've accepted that the results of my procedure are pretty subpar and probably won't be getting any better. I have been in contact with Dr. Bhatti's associate and requested a partial refund that I could use towards a second procedure with another doctor but this request was denied. This is really disappointing as I did a lot of research before deciding on Dr. Bhatti and it was a pretty stressful experience flying all the way to India and back. I've basically lost 30%-50% of my available grafts, about $5000 and a year of my life.

The few grafts that have grown are growing out like pubic hair with a strange wirey texture that stands straight up. Hopefully they don't stay that way.

I'm now looking into a second procedure with another doctor. Currently I'm living in SE Asia so if anyone can recommend a good doctor in Asia I would be very appreciative. However I do not want to repeat the same mistake as last time and get terrible results because I tried to save some money. Some doctors I have been considering are Dr. Luis Nader since he is close to the US and has built a good reputation with good prices, Dr. Path in Thailand and Dr. Vories in SC.

techie_front_14months.jpg.b4518eb5681e7cda4abaa654fc13c525.jpg

techie_top_14months.jpg.9b463e631a62aa03c41eee201dd941ac.jpg

techie_back_14months.jpg.e80e34666135bbf32c3700d937fa6b32.jpg

techie_crown_14months.jpg.d48f1768e2a3decd8bd8bb58f6043265.jpg

techie_fue_preop.thumb.jpg.3cafb70a57db572301f50543fc2e2739.jpg

Did he offer another surgery for free? Have you tried to grow your hair longer? Either way the results aren't that great but you had a lot of area to cover.. I'm sure that the Dr. will do his best to make it right considering he is recommended here. Good luck

• Administrators

Sorry you'r not satisfied with the outcome, i will agree for the grafts used the result looks very sparse. Hows the donor?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sorry about your subpar results techie. Would like to see Dr.Bhatti's comment on this.

Also add Dr.Arika Bansal from eugenix, india to your list of doctors. I am still amazed by harin's result.

Your follicles don't appear agreeable to the FUE extraction process and you would be better served with an FUT procedure. Dr Path has a good reputation or Feller and Bloxham in NYC...or my own doc. Send them all some very clear pictures.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Right now I am very skeptical to go back to Dr. Bhatti since my results the first time were so poor and my donor area is all but depleted. From here it looks like all I can do is BHT. Luckily I have a very thick beard that goes all the way to my neck and have no interest in ever growing it out so I'd be willing to use as many beard grafts as are available.

I'm waiting to see more results from Dr. Nader on here that are not Tom Forrester. If they are as impressive as his I will probably go with him. Otherwise I will go with Vories and spend the extra money to have a quality American doctor.

The donor area looks pretty bad I just pray that I have enough left to fix this mess. If I cut my hair #2 or shorter its pretty obvious. This really sucks because the whole point of getting FUE was so I could cut my hair short.

I should also mention that immediately following my surgery when I went back to change into my clothes I bent over to tie my shoes and when I came out the assistant pointed out that there was blood dripping from my grafts. I asked Dr. Bhatti if he should check to see if they were ok because nobody told me I shouldn't bend over and he assured me the grafts would be fine. Looking back I have no doubt this contributed to the lack of results.

Edited by techie

techie,

I've been following your thread since the start and I'd like to add my two cents.

First, I want to emphasize that, given the number of grafts you had with dense packing to the front, I do agree that you should have seen greater density. Having said that, given your degree of hair loss, I wouldn't have expected your case to be "one and done". Not a lot of guys are that lucky.

I understand that you have requested a partial refund and it was denied but I don't think you've stated what, if anything, Dr. Bhatti has offered to do to assist you in getting the results you want and deserve. I know him to be extremely concerned about patient care and satisfaction.

I know from personal experience what it's like when a hair transplant does not meet your expectations. If you follow my blog, you know that my first hair transplant with Dr. Alexander yielded less than expected density for some unknown reason. He offered to fix it and I returned to him for a follow up with great results. I want to emphasize this because I often hear from guys with subpar growth who are reluctant to allow their physician to fix the problem. To me this does not make sense except in cases when a patient is obviously mistreated.

No matter who you are considering, they will most likely have some subpar results in their portfolio. It is the nature of the business. A top physician will always stand behind their work and I'm certain Dr. Bhatti will do the same.

All patients are free to negotiate the outcome they wish but clinics are under no obligation to offer refunds either full or partial. In many cases, a free or discounted procedure is appropriate.

Again, I want to emphasize that I agree your density is not acceptable. But, as has already been pointed out somewhere in this thread, even under the best of conditions, lighting and hair length are critical to the appearance of a hair transplant. You will need to wear your hair longer up to.

Also, regarding your comment about the donor area looking sparse at a #2, it's important to k note that, even with FUE, there are no guarantees that a patient will be able to wear extremely short hair. Yes, I understand that this is the allure of FUE and, in many cases, patients find they can wear their hair very short with no issues. However, surgery is surgery and everyone is different. Whether it be scarring or density issues, all patients undergoing hair transplant surgery should be prepared for the possibility that some haircuts will not be possible.

To sum up my opinion, the work was done well in terms of the design, clean extractions and graft orientation. You do not look like a repair patient with a bad transplant. Many grafts have grown but many did not and you require a follow up procedure.

What has Dr. Bhatti proposed?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have only been in contact with California, Dr. Bhatti's associate in the US and he told me he will be in contact with Dr. Bhatti regarding my request but I have not heard back. However, I know Dr. Bhatti closely follows this forum and has seen my thread. I believe that if Dr. Bhatti had checked the placement of the grafts after noticing my bleeding my results would have been better than they are. Now I'm worried I am stuck with an unnatural look forever since my donor area looks completely depleted.

techie_donor_back_14months.thumb.jpg.c002731e6757ce6805322af616af6d0d.jpg

techie_donor_side_14months.thumb.jpg.be5dd311ba27f1873362fa72e77d7f94.jpg

I am surprised nobody commented on your donor. To be honest if doesn't look good. Hopefully you come to an acceptable solution.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

My suggestion to you is to consult with Dr. Path and may be go for a FUT. Sure your depleted donor will play a part, but I guess Dr. Path with his scientific methods would able to estimate donor yield.

Though this HT didn't workout for you, on the positive side you seem to be having a relatively smaller balding area compared to many NW5 s. In my opinion filling your frontal and mid scalp would change your look completely and you would be as normal as anyone else. Considering the hit or miss results with FUE, I don't think you should be choosing another FUE. With high reliability of FUT combined with a doc like Dr. Path you might be feeling totally normal in an year from now.

Good luck.

Thank you for your suggestion. I've contacted Dr. Path and sent him my photos. Is there any doctor that is known for BHTs? I have a very full beard and would use all of it if possible(I hate shaving and have no interest in growing a beard). I've come across Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Vories so far but I want to make sure not to make my situation any worse and have a destroyed face to go along with my destroyed donor area.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

So sad to see that you register a new account specifically to make a post on a thread that is nearly 4 years old.

The doctor(s) that you are working for should be embarrassed by your stupidity,  the forum is not so taken in.

If they are fairly new to the forum then perhaps they can be forgiven but they should be made aware of forum etiquette by the mods and maybe next time show a bit more class.

Do we really want to go back to the days of shills and trolling goons?

No, lets try to keep this forum positive.

Screenshot_20190131-152122_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Shera