FUE 3665 Grafts - Dr. Bhatti - May 1st 2015

techie

i see the gap you're referring to now, i was on mobile view when i saw it last night. i currently have 1 side that's more full than the other, but i think most of it just translates into waiting the appropriate time to make judgements about the final result... it's too easy to get discouraged when we see some patients have ridiculously fast growth (i'm looking your way shera! ;)) and others are late bloomers who lose hope at 6 months and then end up having crazy growth at 6-9 months. rooting for you!

Hi Techie, you are probably now at the level I was at about 3 to 3.5 months. As mentioned by Butch above, I did have ridiculously fast growthicon7.gif, but as I have already mentioned in one of the posts in my thread, this is probably down to me being a freak of nature!

Don't get disheartened, just carry on with the regime of baby oil to the scalp in the morning and 5% Minoxidill foam at night and carry on with the meds. I would say you are just a slow grower, nothing to be worried about, but the signs are there that you will come good over the next few months.

So, have faith, just carry on as normal and let nature take its course.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

I'm not gonna lie it does look a bit sparse at the moment, with that being said, you still have another 6 months of growth, hopefully you're a slow grower, have you mentioned this to the clinic? May I ask did technicians perform the extractions or did Dr. Bhatti? Also, one thing to consider is the length of your hair, I recommend not cutting the top anymore and letting it fully grow out that's how you get the most bang for your buck.

Hi HTsoon,

Please note that extractions and implants by Technicians are NOT a part of the protocol at the Darling Buds/Dr. Bhatti's Clinic.

Listing below the tasks performed by Dr. Bhatti for each and every Patient that gets treated by him:

85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling, 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting/extractions, 100% slit making)

In regards to Techie's HT progress, I also believe that he has a lot of growth to come in the next few months.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Techie,

I experienced slow growth with both my first HTs. For some reason, my procedure with Dr. Bhatti grew in very quickly. Growth rates seem to vary widely from patient to patient and even from HT to HT. I know it can start to rattle your nerves when you're expecting more at a specific point but give it time.

I'm sure you've got lots more to come! I'll be looking out for your updates.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Sorry to hijack, but I have a question. What is the purpose Shera of applying baby oil to the scalp at six months? This makes zero sense to me.

Hi Tav1, when my own hair was at the similar stage to Techie's hair I was at about 3 to 3.5 months and I was applying baby oil. Therefore because Techie appears to be a slow grower I thought it probably best he carries on with the baby oil routine.

I actually still apply baby oil to my scalp a couple of days a week, it does appear to improve the overall quality of the hair once it has been washed out. I know that many in the Indian subcontinent swear my this method (maybe different oil though), both male and female.

I know there are other more exotic oils that some on this site apply but baby oil seems to do the trick for me. I don't really have any scientific data to back up my advice, it's just something that works for me.

Why don't you give it a try and see if it works for you.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

• Administrators
Hi HTsoon,

Please note that extractions and implants by Technicians are NOT a part of the protocol at the Darling Buds/Dr. Bhatti's Clinic.

Listing below the tasks performed by Dr. Bhatti for each and every Patient that gets treated by him:

85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling, 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting/extractions, 100% slit making)

In regards to Techie's HT progress, I also believe that he has a lot of growth to come in the next few months.

Best regards,

California

Thanks for your response California, that is refreshing to hear, he is in a very small club of physicians that do this, and no doubt the reason why he's had so many success stories on this forum.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks everyone for the replies and encouragement. I should probably also mention that I am not taking Minoxidil. I have taken it in the past and while it did regrew a lot of hair it gave me some other side effects like my face bloating and skin looking old and wrinkly. Hopefully this plays at least a little into the part that I'm about 3 months behind Shera's amazing 6 months results. I will take Shera's advice and try using baby oil on my scalp and see if that helps. I was however taking the Finasteride and biotin for the six months but I have never responded well to Finasteride.

What was the total cost of your procedure?

Hi ihx66,

The procedure costs are explained in detail on our website. Here is the link:

Hair Transplant Cost in India, FUE Cost, Price

Cost is INR (Indian Rupees) 89 per graft for scalp hair donor, which translates into approximately $1.37 per graft. Prices quoted are for FUE of course, since Dr. Bhatti performs FUE HT exclusively.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Tav1, when my own hair was at the similar stage to Techie's hair I was at about 3 to 3.5 months and I was applying baby oil. Therefore because Techie appears to be a slow grower I thought it probably best he carries on with the baby oil routine.

I actually still apply baby oil to my scalp a couple of days a week, it does appear to improve the overall quality of the hair once it has been washed out. I know that many in the Indian subcontinent swear my this method (maybe different oil though), both male and female.

I know there are other more exotic oils that some on this site apply but baby oil seems to do the trick for me. I don't really have any scientific data to back up my advice, it's just something that works for me.

Why don't you give it a try and see if it works for you.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply Shera.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Here is the 7 month update. Aside from the hair getting a bit longer I don't know if there has been any improvement. I haven't noticed any new growth and there are still noticeable gaps of no hair between the new and old hairlines.

IMG_20151202_122054.jpg.afa1e2f8f18a3058d6f9452ea86a7de3.jpg

IMG_20151202_122112.jpg.178eec3e225ef0112b7de56ee1ac47ff.jpg

IMG_20151202_122125.jpg.81c9db55171435858347fe20556db68b.jpg

IMG_20151202_122131.jpg.9d732303278a79472c85efba6e66f2e8.jpg

IMG_20151202_122154.jpg.64934fb6b2d6382da959cafbc9a75b13.jpg

IMG_20151202_122358.jpg.96421ae58b126bacdd0ed925f8735b1e.jpg

Still plenty of time for more growth ,more thickening. Seven months is still kind of early . Different people see growth at different months just the way it is. In my opinion you gained a lot of ground . Best of luck to you.

• Administrators

Still got time techie, let your hair grow out at this point, I think you're a slow grower, fast growers like me are at this point usually by month 4, so nothing to be worried about as shera said hairs are just in the beginning stages of growth.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Techie, I would agree with HTsoon, we have already identified that you are a slow grower, but when comparing your recent photos with the last ones, I can see a noticeable difference.

The main thing is you are progressing, it may just take a year before you can actually see what your final result will resemble but if I compare my photos to yours, you are on the right track.

Keep your chin up, you'll get there.

Shera

• 2 months later...

Here are photos taken between months 9 and 10. It seems lighting and length makes a big difference. However as you can see when I cut my hair short there are areas that look very sparse especially in the front center. Can I still hope for more growth or should I accept that this is what I am left with? I have to say at this point I am less than happy.

fue10months.jpg.404c92159277575a1ee6991664e33a07.jpg

fue10months2.thumb.jpg.26c2196159eca7b8081da929eaa0fe1c.jpg

fue10monthsLong.thumb.jpg.199bf388851b5d4a9fbfdc18c938c670.jpg

fue10monthsShort.thumb.jpg.766edd3c95b2e7d35889768cb43c14f4.jpg

fue10monthsSide.jpg.e71213ac864907964c9cfc4d70629996.jpg

fue10monthsSun.thumb.jpg.abb8fd2c91e6aa8a062dacbd7d070462.jpg

fue10monthsSunSide.thumb.jpg.82f18f46331664c9ce89e59915667b31.jpg

hi ,

looks quiet sparse esp. the frontal hairline , But you still have 3 more month to Mature , I dunno if at 9 months that is all the grafts that have grown , But you definitely have some more time for them to Mature and thicken .

Overall at this point its an Average or Less than Average Result considering the amount of grafts they have already used . Not Impressive , but if you are Happy then all that Matters !

Here are photos taken between months 9 and 10. It seems lighting and length makes a big difference. However as you can see when I cut my hair short there are areas that look very sparse especially in the front center. Can I still hope for more growth or should I accept that this is what I am left with? I have to say at this point I am less than happy.

Hi Techie, I totally understand your concerns, but again the most important thing is the improvement from the last set of pics. I would be more worried if I stopped seeing an improvement, hang in there.

Don't want to be a downer, but I don't think you will be seeing that much more growth from here on in... at least to the point where you will be satisfied with the results. By the 9 month mark, you should see more or less the final results except some refining...

Just a question, how long do you generally keep your hair on the sides/back?

you would need another touch up. Overall little sparse frontal area, I agree. Maybe another 500-1000 grafts. As Shera said wait until 12months post txp before deciding.

My Thread: 

I was afraid of that. I will wait until 18 months and if still not seeing any improvements plan for a second procedure and most certainly with another surgeon. I agree for the number of grafts used I expected better coverage than this. If I look close at my scalp the distance between the grafts is huge. For now I will grow the top out a bit longer as it seems to at least camouflage the thinness. I typically keep the sides at a #2 guard.

Definitely wait until the 18 mark, I personally think even 12 months is too early to fully evaluate the result I'm at the 14 month mark and it has improved since month 9, remember everybody's different I'm not saying you will see a big improvement but you might

The crown is similar to the front. I'll post an update at 12 months after the hair has grown out again.

Thanks for the support and optimism as always Shera. You're right although progress is slow it's at least continuous. I came home for Christmas and my father who saw me at the 4 months stage noticed a big difference even though it was less obvious to me.

Mick, thanks that's encouraging to hear. I've read cases of improvements even beyond 18 months such as this (link removed by moderator). Best of luck to you as well. It doesn't do us any good to be cynical.

Edited by David - Moderator

techie,

You've already got some good advice. I also recommend waiting a full 18 months. However, I suspect you will not get the density that you are hoping for and may need a follow up procedure.

Have you discussed your concerns with Dr. Bhatti?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website