Potential Recommendation of Dr. Abdulmuttalip Keser of Turkey

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

gentel_man83,

Only physicians are recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. Every physician has a surgical team and is responsible for training and supervising their staff. Thus, ultimately, a less than optimal result always falls back on the physician. However, during the prescreening process, we do ask about the skill and experience of each technician. That does not apply to the skill and experience of other doctors working with the same surgical team. It is up to prospective patients to request a particular doctor after doing their due diligent research.

Since this topic is regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Keser, I'd rather not continue discussing other topics. However, your question regarding the role of technicians and how they're evaluated is a good one. If you'd like to discuss this further, please start a new topic or if you want private feedback, send me a private message.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys,

I noticed quite a few of you were asking about updates, so I spoke with Bill about Dr. Keser's current recommendation status. At this point in time, Dr. Keser is not recommended by our hair transplant community. However, Bill spoke with him (or a representative from his clinic) at the ISHRS conference and did ask him (them) to continue posting images of his follicular unit extraction (FUE) cases. Knowing that, I highly encourage all community members to continue giving their input by commenting on new cases presented by Dr. Keser's clinic and voicing their opinions on threads such as this one. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...

Now im certain to say Dr. Keser is the best doctor ever i have seen in results whom using FUE technique.

After all, FUE technique could be good as FUT maybe more because of the no linear scar thing if done with a very talented hand. Limiting himself with 600-700 grafts a day shows his loyality to the customer satisfaction to avoid waste of any extracted grafts. Plus only EURO 3.5 per graft, thats a charge of FUT grafts in the states.

After watching these photos and other posted in other sites. I started to have more faith to FUE if done properly...

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Why was this recommendation abandoned? There was never a yes or no, or any explanation.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Guys,

While Dr. Keser has not been approved for recommendation yet, we are still open to considering him.

Over the last 6 months since I met with Khan at the 2010 annual ISHRS scientific meeting in Boston, I do feel that Dr. Keser's associates have done a good job at addressing the concerns of this community by posting several additional examples and updates on results. My only main concern at this point is whether they're philosophy of transplanting slightly lower hairlines on young patients is in the patient's long term best interest. However, I am comforted by the fact that Dr. Keser is conservative in keeping plenty of donor hair in reserve for the possibility of future needed work.

But what do you think? Do you think it's time that we reconsider Dr. Keser for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network as our first all FUE surgeon? Have we seen enough evidence that he is producing high quality follicular unit extraction (FUE) with consistent, excellent results?

Let's re-open this topic for discussion and let's hear what the members of this community think.

Best wishes,

Bill

I stand firm that until Dr. Keser personally responds to the valid concerns about his philosophy to hair transplantation, that he should NOT be recommended. The fact that he appears to be an excellent surgeon is irrelevant. Nobody has questioned the quality of the (limited) work that he has posted. In fact, I believe that his results look better than most of the physicians that are currently recommended on this forum.

However good of a surgeon Dr. Keser may be does not change the fact that hair is finite and that baldness is unpredictable. Just two days ago a city water pipe broke from the cold. There was still some water left in the pipes that I quickly collected in cups, bowls, pots, pans, buckets, etc. I did that so that I could warm on the stove to bathe myself, to brush my teeth, shave for work, and to do all of the other things that we use water for. I had no idea when the water would be turned back on, but I was confident it would be within 48 hours. However, because I didn't know when it would be back on, I certainly didn't use nearly as much water as I normally did. I used less to bathe myself, less to shave, less to brush my teeth, etc. I did that because I didn't want to run out with shampoo in my hair with no way of getting it out, or run out of water and have to shave dry the next morning.

Just like I would have loved to have heated up all of the water and had a nice shower, would love to have my 22 year old hairline back. But, much like I didn't want to run out of water at the wrong time, I don't want to run out of donor hair.

I would definitely recommend him, His results posted in this forum and other forums if you search more in the net are way much better than some of the recommended doctors located in countries other than North America without mention any names. Seriously he is very famous in Turkey, almost a superstar. I have family from there and they are very aware of him. This community really needs FUE recommended doctors overseas. So far we have only Dr Path, Madhu, Humayun, Melike which mostly using FUT. Dr Keser is one of the few in third world countries who uses EXCLUSIVE FUE. We all seen many top notch coalition doctors taking strip way above the safe zone based on the Doc estimation and judgment, so does Dr Keser whom has his own estimations.

Honestly I’m not any patient of Dr keser neither work for him, my next operation is with Dr Rahal as i already have a scar and will re do a FUT repair. But it would be such a waste if we don’t recommend a successful doctor like Dr Keser who showed us a perfect yield in FUE and a doctor who does 100% FUE in his practice without using any other procedure. I bet once he is recommended maybe huge numbers of north American patients would fly for him because of the strong reputation and credibility that this forum has in the eyes of many patients including me.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think he should get a recommendation. He definitely has art in his hands. He can create create temple points/angles. He takes his time, does lower number FUE per day so he can concentrate at achieving the best yield maybe. His work looks clean and the results speak for themselves. Many people are satisfied, he provides complementary airport transfer, hotel to clinic transfers, lunch and a translator during the procedure but non inclusive of the other fees such as flight tickets and accommodation. That makes it comfortable for most international patients I bet. His FUE prices are pretty reasonably priced with no added cost, it's just a flat fee and it gives many the chance to have FUE at an affordable price. What is it like 3.5 Euro? I believe he uses a 0.8mm punch for FUE he designed himself and normally achieves 60 to 80 grafts per cm2 using 0.8 mm size . When I was considering to do surgery with him a while back, he said I am not suitable at the time and said to use meds. That just speaks volume about his character. I really think this guy should get a recommendation. There a few docs that would top my list and he is one of them. He has what it takes and he's got ethics.

Just like Hariri, I am not a patient of his nor do I work for him. I just feel from the information I have and know, that this doctor should be part of the coalition doctors on this forum.

he looks to be doing very nice natural hairlines that i love the look of. i must say tho when from previous post i have to disagree with TC17 when he says alot of grafts are being used. i actualy think hes not using many considering how dence the results look. but like others have said when they say he hasnt used alot of grafts, there could be one main reason for these kind of results from not many grafts that has not been mentioned yet......Thick black middle-eastern hair could be the reason for such results. i want to see more results as i may even consider him myself

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Does Dr Keser work with Dr Ozgur ? Im unsure ... , if Khan could let us know it would be good as seen some very impressive results ! does Dr Keser use body hair as a donor source , im led to believe he did until a couple of years ago

thanks in advance for any answers

ej

Dear Members,

Thank you for your confidence in our work and interest.I had the opportunity to speak with Bill on ISHRS meeting in Boston, and I explained our views to him.

Of course, we would be proud to come as the first FUE only clinic in this community. But at the same time, we are concerned to enter as the first FUE clinic in a FUT dominated community.

Dr.Keser provides FUE for 8 years now and nothing has changed until now on his working methods. Although he is very popular in recent years, he continues the same way. This path is the path of quality and not that of the money.

We will not offer FUE mega sessions and will keep our graft numbers at 500-700 per day and not more than 2500-3000 grafts per treatment.

FUE in the right hand can reach the same growing yield as FUT. Only you have to clearly say that not everyone is suitable for FUE and therefore a clear distinction should be made.

We are interested to have FUE and FUT as an integral part of Hairtransplantation, and not as competitors technique.

We do not want to have anything to do with the small war FUT vs FUE. Therefore, we believe that with the join in to this community we automatically be the target of the FUT community.

The join of Dr.Keser could help to develop FUE. But do the community want this?

At the moment we think that it is to early for us to join this community.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope to have the opportunity to think about it if time comes.

Best Regards,

Khan

----------

Manager Derma-Plast

I don't think it should matter about if or not there is a FUE only doc in the forum, i see it ridiculous to not allow or to not consider a FUE only doc into this community. more and more people will only go with FUE treatment these days and come onto this forum specifically to find surgeons who perform the best FUE work.

I see it as quite silly to turn someone away from a forum or by making the clinic feel uncomfortable to join with the FUT vs FUE war.

I think most people on here accept FUE now anyways as it has improved tremendously with the likes of SMG now doing FUE raising the standards.

I actually find it quite refreshing to see a doctor that has chose to specialize only the one technique, as like they say practice makes perfect and if he is doing FUE all the time as the norm this should give him the edge over the doctors who perform both methods.

We see this sort of thing in plastic surgery all the time, many docs specialize in one technique whether that being a nose job or a face-lift, there are drs all over the world who im sure only do one type of plastic surgery because they feel it is there best attribute.

I think any Dr should be welcome to this forum if what they specialize in is above par on results.

Providing Dr Keser keeps posting results on this forum so we get an idea on what his consistency level is then i see no problem with the recommendation,

but i have to say at this moment in time there is not enough results to warrant this yet. as any clinic can dig a handful of brilliant results out of there archive.

I have learnt since going to butcher Armani its safer to be skeptical about the good things you see and to make sure they turn out to be the glory they appear. i am a big fan of the ''wait and see'' approach.

i would actually like to see other kinds of Drs enter this forum such as dermatologists etc who specialize in other kinds of treatments that relate with the hair-transplantation world. as i feel this would benefit repair cases.

i suspect im not the only one who thinks like this.

Edited by Balboa

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Khan, I don't think there is a big reason to be concerned in joining this community. Many doctors that are doing strip, have now also incorporated FUE into their treatments. I don't think there is much of a fue vs strip war going on but some people can voice their opinions louder then others. I feel there are a lot of people here that can go either way, fue or strip.

I think the process of FUE has advanced from what it was. There are tons of amazing results.

There is nothing about competition between fue and strip. This forum has had its debates and there are some that like one or the other or like both. I think any procedure that has a satisfactory hair transplant result is good for hair loss sufferers.

The only thing most people shout about is, customer care, service, pricing, quality of work.

Those are the main things that can make a doctor look good or bad.

I think Dr. Keser should join as he is good at what he does. He should do it before another doctor jumps in and becomes the FIRST FUE ONLY recommended doc.

Just seeing how moderators even wanted a FUE doctor and suggested it to the community of hair loss sufferers should show you that people here want quality and successful surgeons. If this community was impartial to the Dr. due to FUE, he wouldn't be up here for a recommendation.

So, take the opportunity and join and show us more results.

Also, I know you work for Dr. Keser. But even though the clinic isn't money hungry, I would still try to maximize profit of my employer by joining and exposing the quality of the work of Dr. Keser.

There are many that don't know much about doctors unless they see some sort of exposure. Forums are a place where popularity can spread like wildfire.

People go to recommended surgeons more, because there are so many results to document and see from such forums. The more work you see, the more quality and idea of the work you get, the more comfortable you are with the doctor.

I see your doctor performing FUE at the quality Armani tries to push with fue but fails, except, your doctor actually seems to succeed.

If it wasn't for a google search typing cheap FUE something, I wouldn't even know who Dr. Keser would be today. I just randomly came across his webpage and it didn't even have photos till I went to a forum in a completely different language saying Dr. Keser and his details. So, I mean, if you were to be on this forum, this would be 10x more exposure then the average forum. A lot more users, a lot of anonymous users surfing, there are doctors as far as India even showing off their skills here.

Khan,

I find it very strange that you would make the statement that it's "too early" to join this community when you've been presenting examples of Dr. Keser's results for over a year now. In fact, in the beginning, you were extremely enthusiastic and animate about being considered and approved for recommendation by this community.

At this time, Dr. Keser has not been approved for recommendation. He is only being considered. Thus, you're a bit premature in saying it's "too early" to join when Dr. Keser hasn't even been approved by this community. However, the question is, whether or not you and Dr. Keser are willing to undergo our rigorous prescreening process and address the concerns of the patient community. Or are you afraid to be 100% transparent and publicy accountable to patients?

If you are not serious about our public review and recommendation process and would rather bypass this patient community's input, please let me know and we'll close this topic and assume you are no longer interested in being considered for recommendation.

We are very serious about our public prescreening and review process and we'll only consider recommending surgeons who are wiling to be 100% transparent - including the willingness to address any and all remaining concerns of the patient community.

Understand that our community does not favor one procedure over another. We only favor what’s proven to work and produces excellent results. Both FUT and FUE have advantages and disadvantages and both are here to stay.

Best Regards,

Bill

Please accept my appology if I am butting in where I don't belong but I am a recent patient of Dr. Keser. I am from the United States. I have been very busy with life and to be quite honest, it has been great not worrying about my hair or logging on to any hair related sites. I will be updating my HT thread now.