Alpecin shampoo and Alpecin liquid

Can anybody share there views on Alpecin products. Do they work or are they a con?

Hi, Mr6435

I used Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo and Alpecin Liquid lotion for about year and a half and I think that it had probably slowed down my hair loss but, I am still losing my hair significantly. As I also had dandruff problems especially on my crown area, Alpecin Liquid deffiniely has helped me to solve that problem. I think that in first 3-6 months my hair with Alpecin looked better than before and I first was losing about 80-100 hairs every evening when I apply Alpecin Liquid, but after some time it dropped down to 50, even to 20 at some days. But then after a year my hair loss returned to about 70-80 hairs every evening and it is noticable that I have less hair than before.

I also noted that the smell (menthol and caffeine) of Alpecin Liquid were more stronger when I first started using it than lately so I started to get suspicious that they are not producting it as they were before. When I started using it my hair also looked more healthy and thick, but after some time it started to get oily and thin. I now don't use Alpecin products anymore, I started using a Ketokonazole based shampoo, and I will start Kirkland Minoxidil soon (probably with Proscar).

You can also look into my pictures on this thread to see how my hair looked after 4 months with Alpecin products and how it looks now after more than 20 months (first picture is after 4 months):

Please give me right advice - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

I hope that my reply helps to you. :)

Ashitaka thank you so much for you're feedback. I used the products for about 2 years and could not see a difference. Intact I think after I used the liquid my hair got thinner! I will look into you're experience. Thank you for commenting

• 3 years later...

Thank you for the info, Im on this track now, reading up on Alpecin posts! I see this one is a good few years old. Im trying the liquid caffeine, and also Regaine (uk) - not at the same time of day though, Im unsure how best to use the two. Any advice from folks with experience would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...