Biotin

Hi, its recommended to be taken by most surgeons post HT, so I would probably go with the opinion of these doctors and say it is useful.

I have been taking it for nearly 7 months post FUE, can't be 100% sure whether its made the difference but I went by the recommendation of the doctor.

Dr Bhatti 3305 FUE 20/10/2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

I've been taking it for a couple months,I can notice my nails growing faster so that to me means it's working as far as hair that's something I'm looking at each day so to notice a change is tough but I do believe it has helped the hair in someway..you can get a years supply of biotin for like $10 on Amazon def worth a try

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin also known as vitamin B7, vitamin H, or coenzyme R. It plays an important role in cell growth and the metabolism of fats and amino acids, which make up protein

Advantages of using Biotin

1.Healthy hair: Biotin has been proven to make hair grow faster, thicker, and stronger for those with biotin deficiencies. You can actually see the results in a month or two. There’s also evidence showing that biotin can improve the health of your hair even if you’re not deficient.

2.Strong nails: It makes your nails grow faster and stronger as well.

3.Stretch marks removal: Biotin makes your skin healthier and helps get rid of stretch marks.

Disadvantages of using Biotin

1.Acne and Breakouts: Biotin may cause acne and breakouts. The results on your skin may be terrible, but the following precautions will reduce the risk of this happening.

• Like 1

I take it as well and I like to believe that it works. My hair/nails do grow really fast. Also, it's super cheap, so I figure why not....

I take a couple other vitamins as well and my opinion with vitamins is that it's really hard to know how much they're actually helping you. I have no idea if my hair would look the same if I weren't taking it, and there's no way to actually know that, either.

Some people swear by vitamins, and some people think they're a ripoff. Personally, I believe the hype. So if you're of the belief that vitamins are helpful, healthy supplements to our bodies, then go for it. You've got nothing to lose, and Biotin is definitely one of the frontrunners.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Green vegetables is very helpful for control our hair loss problem. The green vegetables are providing vitamins for hair growth. Biotin is use for healthy hair, and grow faster.

This is true. You can potentially get a better dose of Biotin from a daily intake of spinach, almonds and walnuts than any bottled Biotin on the market.

I didn't observe any faster/thicker growth from taking biotin for a few months. For you pro-biotin guys, did you notice faster hair growth right away, after 30 days, or....?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I didn't observe any faster/thicker growth from taking biotin for a few months. For you pro-biotin guys, did you notice faster hair growth right away, after 30 days, or....?

I am pro-biotin 100% but wouldn't expect any growth on the bare part of my scalp. Biotin is more so for strengthening and thickening the follicles you have which are still alive. Biotin however can be easily nulled by other toxins in your body through things like food preservatives, smoking, etc.

Can't hurt to use it and there's some scientific and anecdotal evidence it helps hair grow faster, thicker and healthier. It might have some role in slowing or reversing hairloss but there's no serious evidence of that, and it's likely to be fairly minimal at best.

As an added extra to a good regimen it might help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ThemanJus

Biotin is a great vitamin to take for hair loss (or strengthening hair in general). It helps enforce the structure of keratin (the protein that hair is made out of).

You can find it in most herbal supplements or hair loss shampoos now days. I take biotin in supplement form as a part of my hair loss routine - its not hard to take a few pills in the morning. My nails thank me for it!

For more info about biotin check out the article 'biotin for hair growth'.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Natural biotin is fine but if you take it in pill form it can actually cause hair to fall out more.

I am not joking about this so be very careful what you take!!

I swear i noticed the same thing when i took it....it seem to trigger a shed, unless it was pure coincidence...

• Confused 1

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

• 3 months later...
so, what is the final word? to take biotin after HT or not?

does it cause pimples?

I don't think there's a final word on this to be had. Unfortunately, I think the only way to know for sure how you'll respond to it or if it will help you is to try it out. I use it and have had no adverse side effects. I've also taken it for so long at this point in conjunction with other vitamins that it's probably hard to even attribute any positive outcome to Biotin alone.

Edited by pkipling

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56