is loss of transplanted hairs normAL?

HI

I had HT around 8 month ago. till now around 60 percent of transplanted hairs are grown and they get thick and long. now when i wash my head or comb my hairs i saw that one or two of those long hairs are shedding. are these hairs fall due to normal rest and grow cycle of hair life? if i should be nervous about that or it is just ok?

i myself think that this is normal procedure of one hair life cycle which hairs fall and regrow again? is it right or ...?

HI

I had HT around 8 month ago. till now around 60 percent of transplanted hairs are grown and they get thick and long. now when i wash my head or comb my hairs i saw that one or two of those long hairs are shedding. are these hairs fall due to normal rest and grow cycle of hair life? if i should be nervous about that or it is just ok?

i myself think that this is normal procedure of one hair life cycle which hairs fall and regrow again? is it right or ...?

Nothing to be nervous about. Those hairs are just like any other healthy hair follicle now. They will go through shedding, rest, and grow.

You are correct in assuming that it's normal. The transplanted hairs will begin their own growth/shedding cycle just like our normal, native hairs. Nothing to worry about.

Even knowing this, I still get alarmed sometimes when I don't wash my hair for a couple days and the build of hairs that have shed over that time end up in my hands. It can take me back to when i first realized my hairline was receding.... Then I have to talk some very common sense back into myself... "It's totally normal. Hairs shed."

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

thanks for your answers.

do you know how long is the grow period of each hair.

i think because all grown hairs are transplanted at same day, then they will have simillar grow, rest and shed pattern. then at same time all of them going to shed and regrow. if this is true then it will look that frequently i loss all my hairs and gain again.

The average growth stage (anagen) is approximately 6 years after resting. Although in the first 12 months following any HT procedure, the hair does cycle more frequently on an intermittent basis. Before the prolonged anagen periods occur, the transplanted follicles must first fulfill a complete cycle between all stages to complete a full cycle period.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY