3082 graft FUE with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh, India

I'm very sorry you're not happy with the results Butch, I do see sparse areas in the hairline. The good news is that you still have enough grafts to get it fixed so all is not lost.

thanks htsoon. i certainly have much more hair now than before i started.. my only concerns, and perhaps it's just paranoia, is that it will be noticeable that i had something done (versus balding which is at least natural). what do you think?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
thanks htsoon. i certainly have much more hair now than before i started.. my only concerns, and perhaps it's just paranoia, is that it will be noticeable that i had something done (versus balding which is at least natural). what do you think?

I don't think it looks unnatural, I think it looks like you're balding from the hairline, I don't think anyone will think you had a transplant, they will just think that your hairline is thinning.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don't think it looks unnatural, I think it looks like you're balding from the hairline, I don't think anyone will think you had a transplant, they will just think that your hairline is thinning.

That actually makes me feel much better lol. Thanks again for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Bro, look at picture 3 of 8. Don't you think it looks stuck on?.

again people who have had no experience might not be able to tell,but people who have had HT or seen some would be able to clearly tell the difference.

Bottom line - I agree you need more hairline grafts and there are plenty here in US who would fix it up for you.As mentioned by HTsoon = few frontal grafts should do it for you, lucky you that you still have solid donor.

My Thread: 

butch,

I'm sorry to see that your final results did not meet expectations. My own results from Dr. Bhatti were very different and I'm now comfortable brushing my hair up and back. However, prior to that, after my first two I was not able to do that and I had to comb it to the side and layer it to get that added appearance of density. Styling is definitely one aspect of an acceptable illusion of density and I suggest trying some alternatives.

I also suggest reaching out to Dr. Bhatti if you have not yet done so. I have also notified him of your thread and asked that he provide his input on your case.

Dr. Bhatti is one of the most attentive and enthusiastic surgeons I know and he has a strong desire to deliver top results and patient satisfaction. I'm certain he'll stand behind is work.

I do think it looks natural and can easily be addressed with another procedure.

Best of luck and please keep us informed of any developments.

David

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Butch,

Thank you for sharing your returning to share your progress and concerns. I agree with those who said that your hairline does not appear unnatural looking but I do agree that it appears a little thin. As far as whether or not you've had full growth, I suggest contacting Dr. Bhatti who I am sure will do whatever he can to help you assuming that you haven't experienced full growth.

The good news is adding a small number of grafts to the hairline should thicken things up nicely and thus, it will appear much thicker after another procedure. Personally, I've had 4 hair transplants and it took up until the last one for me to feel satisfied fully with my hairline. Like you, my hairline looked natural but just thinner.

Dave did reach out to Dr. Bhatti so I trust that he will see this topic and a representative from his clinic will respond. If there is anything I can do for you personally, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks all, i appreciate the feedback. dr. bhatti was always quick to respond to my messages and i know he's a professional.. i'm not concerned about his willingness to help or anything like that.

as i mentioned, i think my expectations may not have been realistic which is not the fault of the doctor and hearing others say that it doesn't look unnatural makes me feel much better. i pretty much knew from the get-go that a 2nd procedure was likely in the future, i just thought it would be to address the crown, not to hit the front again.

• Administrators
thanks all, i appreciate the feedback. dr. bhatti was always quick to respond to my messages and i know he's a professional.. i'm not concerned about his willingness to help or anything like that.

as i mentioned, i think my expectations may not have been realistic which is not the fault of the doctor and hearing others say that it doesn't look unnatural makes me feel much better. i pretty much knew from the get-go that a 2nd procedure was likely in the future, i just thought it would be to address the crown, not to hit the front again.

I don't think your expectations were to high, i think unfortunately a lot of the grafts did not grow, but as I said the good thing is you can get it fixed.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I actually think most of if not all grafts grew. If you look at the pictures with the placement. the size of the scabs cam gives you an illusion of a much denser placement. You definitely need more density.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Dear Mr. ButchCoolidge,

In my opinion you have had a very good and dramatic transformation, of which you will continue to see improvements. How will this manifest? The first twelve months is when the hair that is supposed to start growing has had the time to do so and to gain length and density. When people talk about the time that a hair transplant needs to be considered "complete" you will oftentimes hear or read about how it can take 18 months to reach this point of completion. What is not often discussed however is what this means. Does it mean more hair will grow in? No, not usually, except in exceptional circumstances.

The 18 month point means that the hair has to mature and in your case this means that the hairline will become softer. The "flow" of the hair will relax and a softer appearance will emerge. I believe you have improvements to come but, of course, when you decide to return to address your crown region I am happy to add more hair to your hairline to increase the density so that we can eliminate any concerns regarding this. You have my word, publicly for all to see, that you will be looked after.

I'm on board with the folks saying that the density is not up to par. The design is just fine, but this looks unnatural. When density is that low, it's because the hair is miniaturizing and it softens the thinness of the follicle spacing. You, on the other hand, have very low density but thick, healthy hair, which gives it that pluggy, unnatural look. I think even folks that aren't familiar with hair transplantation would instinctively feel that something is "off."

That said, you have a good basis to work from and can easily add more grafts. You aren't a repair case and there is nothing to "fix," so there's no reason to believe that you can't improve this result.

thank you to everyone who has been giving me feedback. i took advice from one member here who told me to cut my hair shorter (as it will make the density look thicker than it really is)... i cut down to a #4 attachment. i don't think this was a good idea.

IMG_9002.jpg.9fb7618cd6111bf619e863fb5d422c6c.jpg

IMG_8992.jpg.61ebc9d8cbb137d62b231a7a0bc1c189.jpg

IMG_8991.jpg.6e3a8a4575a332568b433c4e6197388b.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg.b59f9e8b66f9500195e533a2271602af.jpg

IMG_8989.jpg.59f774c139a7d1a30004247d3955e144.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg.dabcf36ac1bcd640b0d45913cd8920c0.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg.dd2844c2fecf3f7e1aa4c95928c306ef.jpg

Hi butchcoolidge,like you I had a FUE with Dr. Bhatti. My procedure was just a few days over a year ago and my results are very similar to yours. I have a very thin frontal area where the outline of the original hairline is obvious as well as the crown. Dr. Bhatti had assured me that one procedure would be enough but I've come to accept that will not likely be the case. I'm planning on scheduling a 2nd procedure in the fall when the sun is less of a concern. I like to keep my hair very short, #1 or #2 buzz all around but in our current state I found buzzing #2 on the sides and about an inch or 2 on top seems to give at least an OK appearance.

@Bill , You said you had 4 procedures before you were completely satisfied. How many grafts was that total? When I look at my donor areas on the sides of my head where the hairs were extracted(3665 grafts) it has a moth eaten appearance making me worried that another procedure will completely deplete the remaining grafts.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 months later...

Hi Butch, thanks for sharing your most recent pictures. If you look back on where you started there is no doubt a huge difference. As others have already remarked there is an issue of density on your right side in particular. The good news is that Dr Bhatti has already said he will address this on your next visit.

I am planning on visiting myself in October this year, maybe I will meet you there.

looks much much better from your last update

Agreed, looks like you improved from the one year mark. I think you will need another op to get better density though.

It happens, hang in there.

Dr Bhatti seems solid, so I'm sure he will take care of you:cool:

• 2 months later...