Dr. Bhatti, 1,500 FUE on Crown - 29th April 2015

Dear balding friends,

please see a first summary of my FUE experience with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, for the plantation of 1,500 grafts to my crown area.

About me:

37 year old going on 38.

Fairly good hair all around except for a stupid thin patch at the back.

Only using Minoxidil in the evenings and Biotin tablets

Non-smoker.

I am adding some poor quality photos of pre op and post op. You will see that all the work was concentrated on the crown area.

So, here's my initial feedback:

Diary of my FUE HT with Dr. Bhatti, 29th April 2015, Chandigarh, India.

Day -1.

I arrived at the Darling Buds clinic in the late afternoon and was introduced to the Doctor, whom immediately gave me a look over and stated his suggested action plan. Thankfully for me this involved a lot less grafts that we'd initially planned. This is mainly due to me having shared photos of a head shaved with no guard as basis and now having hair of normal length. In total, we agreed on circa 1,500 grafts to be planted in the crown area only. First impressions were good; I met a forum member who had just finished his procedure and was overall very happy: a good sign.

Day 0:

I arrived at 10.30 AM and very quickly I changed into comfortable clothing for the operation and proceeded to the harvesting part. You'll know the drill: hair shave (partial for me), good old wash and a blood sample, with the IV tap kept in situ for the duration of the day. Next up, the anaesthetic and harvesting. This was done as team work and you can really see that Dr. Bhatti and his team are a well oiled machine. They work systematically and very efficiently. You can really tell they are top class. Immediately afterwards, the slitting session. This was fine, totally painless if not for the strange sound of the blade piercing your skin. I started giggling (and the Doctor plus his team laughed too) as it reminded me of what I do to a chicken before I put it in the oven; prick the skin. Next, a quick lunch and off we went to the plantation session. Again, totally painless and from what I felt, executed flawlessly by the assistants with supervision from the Doctor.

I have no idea yet about graft split, but the total count was just shy of 1,500. I am now back at the hotel waiting for some great Indian food and applying saline solution every 20 minutes until midnight. No pain or discomfort whatsoever and from what I can see, the recipient area looks clean and very tidy.

I'll update the thread tomorrow with some photos and some more comments. So far, so good. I am delighted with the whole experience can't wait for the growth phase!

Thanks for reading.

5b32e5f1c91ed_Pre1.jpg.6fcd53a41c7de4ad0512121f53940a8e.jpg

5b32e5f1e08c8_Pre-2.jpg.af0c221e3223862973032d6753ff8f9a.jpg

5b32e5f1f31a2_IMG_20150429_1814581361.jpg.af12d232e9b8d778e72caed1cc0d8028.jpg

Hi husqvarnawrk,

Congratulations. Nice write up. I am glad that Dr. Bhatti and his staff seem to have taken a good care of you. At Darling Buds, we strive hard to provide a great experience for all our Patients and feedback such as yours, is highly appreciated.

Hope you had some tandoori chicken for dinner :)

Please keep your updates coming.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi husqvarnawrk

As you only had 1500 grafts was it important to shave your crown hair off to plant the new grafts. Couldn't Dr Bhatti planet without shaving?

Hi Raj,

good question, and maybe that would have been possible. However, I followed the doctor's advice, as he seemed to imply that better density would be achieved by working on a shaven area.

To be fair, I do plan to buzz the back and sides to #1 by the end of next week, and keep the front a little bit longer, like I had for the past year or so, which made the decision fairly easy for me.

I hope I have answered your question

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience! As a fellow Dr. Bhatti patient, I'll be following your case closely. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

A quick update, 72 hours later. Photos at the bottom

Recipient area: Looks good, no swelling, pain, itchiness or anything. Very little scabbing and I'm following the doctor's post-op routine religiously. I expected more crusts but I guess that's just the way it is. All the grafts are still there and looking good. I can now see the plantation pattern and I am very happy so far with density and if I look at the shaven area just below it looks quite similar. A job well done.

Donor area: Fairly ok at 3 days, with some crusts already gone - the area where I rest my head against the travel pillow, and some more redness on the sides. Much more itchy than the planted area, but it's not too bad. Every time I apply the prescribed ointment, I can see/feel little scabs coming off. I guess I have the Wolverine's healing powers. It is a bit red, but native hair is growing back so it should look ok in a week or so. Once I start with the Aloe vera I hope it will soothe and quench the itch a bit.

Other - Nothing else to report, really. I look like a complete fool with hair up front and a shaven back, but that's all going to go in a few days. Hopefully, the redness from the recipient area will have gone a bit, if not, tough. I don't like wearing a bandana so I can't wait for when I can wear a proper cap and go out and about without looking like the poor man's version of Jack Sparrow.

So far, credit to Dr. Bhatti and his team. As he himself says, the proof is in the pudding, and I'll give a full verdict around October. In the meantime, I'll post some photo updates regularly.

Thanks for reading.

IMG_20150502_101130760.jpg.063633283776355bf62b5b753863fdca.jpg

Edited by husqvarnawrk

Looking great husqvarnawrk.

I believe I met you the day after my surgery - it was a pleasure. I am back home now, no one the wiser.. stealth mode!

Looking forward to following your thread. Congrats!

HI, yes I remember you. Good luck with your recovery!

Looking great husqvarnawrk.

I believe I met you the day after my surgery - it was a pleasure. I am back home now, no one the wiser.. stealth mode!

Looking forward to following your thread. Congrats!

HI, yes I remember you. Good luck with your recovery!

Edit to update. 5 days post-op. Happy with the donor area, not too red at this stage.

It looks like all the grafts are still there, I'll keep the thread updated.

Thanks for reading and please share your thoughts.

IMG_20150504_121111164.jpg.1d42fb09d0da2b26b2879465973b2c9f.jpg

Edited by husqvarnawrk

Week 1 - update.

I trimmed down the rest of the hair around the recipient area (without interfering with the grafts, I was very careful) and here's the updated look.

Recipient looks good so far, I'll miss these hair when they leave me for a while :)

Donor is ok, however quite itchy and sore at times.

I'm ok now to go out and about, this is more or less what I looked like before the HT anyways. The proof will be in a few months.

Thanks for reading.

IMG_20150506_082300943.jpg.a7667aca90ee0c4205ae58a25ba95805.jpg

IMG_20150506_083631574.jpg.fcd152ee0c9a95f01b376da15025d489.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not an awful lot to report, but the donor is 100% fine, no redness anywhere.

The recipient area is hard to see since it's on the back of my head :), but I get the odd pimple and I can feel some fluff that hopefully means new hair are growing.

I'll take some photos and upload them.

It's 2 and a half months now, so I'm not expecting much to happen for another month or so. Then, if even 75% of the planted hair do grow, I'll be a happy man.

Fingers crossed. Thanks for reading.

• 1 month later...

3 and a half months in, still on FIN and MINOX.

I guess something is starting to happen. I have noticed some more coverage in the last 2-3 weeks, hopefully it's just not rose-tinted glasses from my point of view.

Happy so far, the harvested area looks very good.

Let's check at the crucial 6 month mark.

Thanks again to the Doctor and his staff.

IMG_20150815_180740205.jpg.528bc73086c0f414897218d115984f02.jpg

IMG_20150815_180747870.jpg.5dc8679744d72ce6eed031bca29895d5.jpg

• 1 month later...
Almost 5 months in. Hugely impressed with results so far!

0IzCnMU0IzCnMU.jpg

Well done Dr. Bhatti. Way above my expectations. Now let's see if this gets any better :)

Hi husqvarnawrk,

Thanks for sharing your updates. Looks good! Very happy for you. The crown area is referred to as the "black hole" and is usually the most challenging to "handle".......seems like you are well on the way to get it "handled". Congrats.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dear balding friends,

please see a first summary of my FUE experience with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, for the plantation of 1,500 grafts to my crown area.

About me:

37 year old going on 38.

Fairly good hair all around except for a stupid thin patch at the back.

Only using Minoxidil in the evenings and Biotin tablets

Non-smoker.

OK. Just remember one thing: in order to BE the man, you've gotta BEAT the man.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ok. Just remember one thing: In order to be the man, you've gotta beat the man.

Whoooooooooooo!

:D:d:d

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Almost 5 months in. Hugely impressed with results so far!

0IzCnMU0IzCnMU.jpg

Well done Dr. Bhatti. Way above my expectations. Now let's see if this gets any better :)

you must be feeling on top of the world....

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update 9 months in. I'd say that results speak for themselves.

r5Abg

I'd also make another comment, since that photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. I cut my hair and back and sides are now at #2 with no discernible sign of extraction. Next to me at the barber, poor bloke had to keep long back and sides as " I have a surgery scar that will show".

Once again, I commend Dr. Bhatti and his team for this result.

FYI, do not cut/paste/share this image without my permission.

Update 9 months in. I'd say that results speak for themselves.

cAiVqAw.png

I'd also make another comment, since that photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. I cut my hair and back and sides are now at #2 with no discernible sign of extraction. Next to me at the barber, poor bloke had to keep long back and sides as " I have a surgery scar that will show".

Once again, I commend Dr. Bhatti and his team for this result.

FYI, do not cut/paste/share this image without my permission.