Dr Feriduni 9 month update 2200 FUE

ezel

Im only a few days out from the 9 month mark. Posted a thread a few months back and the consensus was that my growth was rather slow for 6 months. Still not overwhelmed with the progress but figured i'd get the forums take. There is obviously some growth but for 9 months it seems rather sparse. Hairline has developed to a certain extent but behind that it seems to be lagging. Been in touch with the doc and he advised to wait till 12 month and 14 month mark and overall didnt seem to concerned with the progress. Doc actually didn't respond personally. It was a message relayed by his staff. Anyway-all input is welcome and appreciated.

5b32e5e17f40d_initial1.jpg.9ab9dadb207859681de44518a51c6e35.jpg

initial.jpg.7f2b4d0d5e434a70ef43d0e2228123b5.jpg

5b32e5e1a6016_9month.jpg.df0dba84e6a66353268070d7b9fb1fef.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't throw in the towel yet. There's still time to see improvement. With my first transplant I saw significant changes between 8 and 10 months and continued to see improvement beyond the 12 month mark. It's all documented in my blog (link in signature).

Dr. Feriduni is world class and I'm confident he'll have your back in the event the results are truly subpar.

Please keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Im only a few days out from the 9 month mark. Posted a thread a few months back and the consensus was that my growth was rather slow for 6 months. Still not overwhelmed with the progress but figured i'd get the forums take. There is obviously some growth but for 9 months it seems rather sparse. Hairline has developed to a certain extent but behind that it seems to be lagging. Been in touch with the doc and he advised to wait till 12 month and 14 month mark and overall didnt seem to concerned with the progress. Doc actually didn't respond personally. It was a message relayed by his staff. Anyway-all input is welcome and appreciated.

To me it looks allmost the same as pre-op

If you didnt have a the hairline draw i would not be able to tell wich pictures are before and after.

This must be quite depressing for you. ?

Hoping for the best for you. I saw great progress between months 4 and 6. Hang in there.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey Ezel,

I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but it'll be more "watching and waiting" until the 12 month mark. Actually, it could take more like 14 for FUE. So Dr Feriduni seems right on there.

I hope you'll keep us updated. Hopefully you'll see more growth in the next few months.

Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the replies. Obviously all I can do is wait. Johnny2000-life is bigger then hair so this isn't something that depresses me. It concerns me but most definitely doesn't depress me. I felt I didn't see a huge difference either between pre and post but the doc assures me there is a hairline in there...somewhere...hiding.. Anyway I posted about 6 months back and general consensus was to post at 9 months so that's what I did. It's not often we see bad results posted and often the good ones never touch base thus I'll keep the thread updated if I see progress or at the 11/12 month mark.

Thanks SPEX. Appreciate your concern. Most likely I will communicate directly with the doc when I get to the 12 month mark if the results are the same or similar. I myself am a doctor and feel it's easier for my patients to communicate directly with me compared to trying to communicate through a third party. From what the doc said he sees a significant improvement in the hairline design compared to my previous pic. Thus far most of the forum members that have commented can't seem to agree. Time will tell!! I'll keep the positive energy as that all one can do. On the bright side when you apply toppick it doesn't look to bad but the whole point of this procedure was to get away from things like that...

Very interesting pictures and progress. Please keep us posted on HTN. I'm hoping you will see that hairline forming soon. Keep up the good attitude and positive thoughts.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

I'm a few days over the 11 months. Still pretty disappointing results. Has there been growth...Yes I guess. But not by any means anyone would consider a success. At what point do we call a failure a failure? Again, I understand one has to be patient. But I cant say i've really seen any progress that I could say is even remotely in the good category. I will wait till the year mark which is only about 3.5 weeks away but truthfully I cant see how I make much progress in 3.5 weeks. And to say lets wait for the 18 month mark seems kind of silly. Cant say I've seen any posts where a person has very sub par results at the year mark and at the 18th month mark its a totally different story. So I ask the forum what would your next steps be?

11a.jpg.c8c476642677e48eb449097feeb8cf19.jpg

I'm a few days over the 11 months. Still pretty disappointing results. Has there been growth...Yes I guess. But not by any means anyone would consider a success. At what point do we call a failure a failure? Again, I understand one has to be patient. But I cant say i've really seen any progress that I could say is even remotely in the good category. I will wait till the year mark which is only about 3.5 weeks away but truthfully I cant see how I make much progress in 3.5 weeks. And to say lets wait for the 18 month mark seems kind of silly. Cant say I've seen any posts where a person has very sub par results at the year mark and at the 18th month mark its a totally different story. So I ask the forum what would your next steps be?

I think we put expectations very high,and that's a mistake,myself i've had 2 operations with hakan doganay,the first september 2013(4000 grafts),and the second august 2014(2600 grafts),and even though i do see a significant difference,i wouldn't say it's spectacular.But i started seeing growth from the first op at 10 months,although it was week,it got better.I would tell you not to expect significant change.

The grafts don't seem to have taken. I am six months post op with the same doc and already see a significant change....unfortunately I wouldn't expect much progress from where you are now, but he is an equitable doc and will i'm sure work with you to give you a better result.

Xkos48-I did set what I thought was realistic expectation. Much of them were based off my consult with dr Feriduni and the multiple cases he showed me that displayed similar pre opp conditions. The results he shared with me were significantly better. The coverage I've achieved is poor. That can't be discounted. For the time/effort and money I put in I was expecting better. Travelled from the states to see him. Stayed true to not letting distance be a barrier to seeing the right doc. He told me to touch base at the 12 month mark. I can't see myself going through with another surgery at this time as to much is going on in my life and I just don't have the time now. Would you consider this result a success in terms of realistic expectations?

Xkos48-what do you think the difference was between the two surgeries. First being unsuccessful and second working out?

KO I agree on the 18 month mark. I'll send an email to the doc today. I just don't want to be told to wait another 6-7 months to be told what I already know now-this was not a successful surgery..

i first surgery took longer to develop,the second started developing immediately,why?,i really don't know.the only difference for me was prp in the second surgery,and manual extractions.

ezel,

I'm sorry to see that your growth has not met expectations at this stage. I agree that you're not likely to see significant changes at this stage but I see that Spex is in the loop and you are prepared to contact Dr. Feriduni directly at the 12 month mark. Good plan!

It's very rare to see a procedure performed by Dr. Feriduni that does not grow well but, as I'm sure you know, there are many factors involved. I'm certain he will do everything he can to ensure that you are satisfied.

Please keep us updated.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

ezel,

I'm sorry to see that your growth has not met expectations at this stage. I agree that you're not likely to see significant changes at this stage but I see that Spex is in the loop and you are prepared to contact Dr. Feriduni directly at the 12 month mark. Good plan!

It's very rare to see a procedure performed by Dr. Feriduni that does not grow well but, as I'm sure you know, there are many factors involved. I'm certain he will do everything he can to ensure that you are satisfied.

Please keep us updated.

excuse me david can you explain these factors?it seems pretty cut and dry when it comes to transplants?

I'm get healthy-I do ironman triathlons. Been on meds for years. Use rogaine. Don't smoke. Drink maybe 1-2 drinks a month if that. Followed all post opp instruction. Had PRP as well after procedure. Not really sure what else I could have done. I took almost 3 weeks off from work. Stayed out of the sun. I dunno...

Xkos48,

It's really not so cut and dried. There is no clinic with 100% success rate and that means that even the most heralded hair transplant surgeons will have the occasional subpar result in their portfolio. I would venture to guess that this is also true of many other types of surgeries as well because we are not all the same physiologically speaking and factors affecting our health and healing change as well. Stress, diligence to aftercare procedures, infection, illness, trauma, can all play a part.

I'm not saying that these are factors in this case because I don't know. We can do everything right and there can still be complications. We go into this elective surgery understanding that there is a small chance that there may be issues. No one wants to be that guy and there is no denying that it's a big let down when it happens.

That is not to say that it's never a clinic's fault but, when you take into account the sheer volume of exceptional work that Dr. Feriduni produces on a regular basis, I think it's fair to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. Choosing an ethical surgoen means that at least we have peace of mind in knowing the they'll make it right.

My first hair transplant had subpar growth. My second with the same physician was excellent. Who knows why?

You'll often hear the mysterious "x factor" cited when a hair transplant has poor yield. Some people bristle at the mention of the term but sometimes, despite everyone's best work, hair groth is poor and we have to move forward and determine the best next step to take.

Again, I speak from experience so I understand the stress and heartache that comes from knowing you may have go through a second procedure sooner than later.

Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure you'll have Dr. Feriduni's and Spex's full attention and cooperation.