I am going to a wedding 4 weeks after my surgery? Is that stupid?

I'm doing a FUE surgery 4th of July when I get off work. The reason I am doing a FUE is because firstly I have no problem with shaving my head, I want to keep the option open to wear short hair and I can do more transplants if needed in the future. I'm really nervous about the surgery. One day it all feels great and then the next it just feels like shit.

I'm having around 3000-3500 grafts transplanted and what worries me is going to a wedding in the beginning of August. I don't want to look like a jackass on a bunch of wedding pictures. I have about 4 weeks to heal before the wedding and I have a lot of hair now as it is. Will that cover any and things like that before the wedding? I just want to hear your opinion.

And on a completely unrelated issue. What are the benefits of FUE vs FUT and vice versa? Who should go for FUE and who should go for FUT?

Thanks!

And thanks by the way for a great forum.

20150322_194317.jpg.a246f5c3cc70ee572b33027f50ab7de9.jpg

20150322_195635.jpg.f9a352e1bc7afbbbccc6832beccf4836.jpg

I don't mean to be rude but you come across a bit naive in this post and a few others I just looked back at.

25 year old, not prepared to try Fin and having 3000 grafts in the crown....yep, I'd be worried too.

Also, not a good sign that you're asking about FUT vs FUE now and not before booking.

It seems like you're rushing into this.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I had only 1840 FUE grafts nearly all to crown only 8 weeks ago. I had the back and sides of my donor area shaved, that is quite a wide band of hair to a zero with bandages on that region for the first 3 full days after the transplant day. It took at least 5 weeks before I could be confident that this donor area was not out of place as it was much thinner than the rest for 4 up to 4 weeks. Luckily I was on long term leave from work so I could avoid people being directly behind me in case they noticed something odd. If I had to attend a wedding I wolud have been paranoid as hell of people being sat behind me in the church. Try to get a seat at the very back to avoid people having their view blocked by the back of your head. I also used hair microfibres for first month when out in public. These surgeons tell you that you should be able to return to work after 2 weeks or less without no one noticing. Well after 2 weeks my donor area was still very noticeable like a no 2 or less, there was no way I could have gone back to work without then without a huge effort to use concealers.. also dont forget you may suffer shock loss in donor area which can last for several months, I think I had some patchy regrowth in the donor sides.

It may be somewhat noticeable. fibers will probably help.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

i went to wedding 3 weeks after my transplant, used toppik, looked fine. i was only concerned with my scar in the back, i put toppik on that as well, but in daylight was noticeable.. who`is the doc?