Is this normal for two weeks?

Hello all,

A little concerned about my donor area on the left side of my head. I had 1,500 grafts in total removed. I feel like this is way to patchy and noticeable. Can anyone give me some insight as to if this is normal at this stage?

I was told I can easily have a buzz cut but at this point this is not looking like a possibility.

I am thinking about shaving down to a 1 guard to see if it looks any better but I am not sure if that is a good call at this point.

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

IMG_1126.jpg.dc0e7041fc700b7f89fddeb78e384be7.jpg

Hello all,

A little concerned about my donor area on the left side of my head. I had 1,500 grafts in total removed. I feel like this is way to patchy and noticeable. Can anyone give me some insight as to if this is normal at this stage?

I was told I can easily have a buzz cut but at this point this is not looking like a possibility.

I am thinking about shaving down to a 1 guard to see if it looks any better but I am not sure if that is a good call at this point.

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

I had 1300 grafts taken from a smaller area than yours, and mine did not look This bad after 2 weeks.

Allthought my scarring is now pretty bad when i buzz with no guard.

Who was your doc?

I just spoke with my surgeon about it and he believes this to be temporary shock loss. I also just shaved it down to a 1 guard and it looks much better.

Hoping that this will return to normal within the next few months. My surgeon is Dr. Vories.

IMG_1136.jpg.e4af05cb9fc75b21e824c9fa6f3aea13.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg.a7ad8ac407145f3b65338412d64b0180.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Invictus2012

I had a procedure with the same surgeon and noticed the same thing around the 2-3 week mark. I'm currently 11 weeks post OP and the issue has resolved itself. I def feel it was temporary shockloss, it was a first a little scary because it was really bad on one side and not the other. Hang in there, it will take care of itself. Kudos too for choosing such a good surgeon.

I had this for a bit too in my donor area where it looked almost identical to yours. I remember mine being more prominent in the back than the sides, but I was keeping my hair buzzed completely down, so it wasn't as noticeable as it is in your original photo. I agree that keeping it shorter makes it less obvious. However, it was indeed temporary and is completely undetectable now. You should be fine within a couple more months at the most.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Try trimming it all down in a way that fades the emptiness on the left side. Normally, regrowth of the donor area will depend on the doctor's preparation method of graft removal. Depending on what was done, you could be experiencing a 'normal' condition, or you may be seeing some effects from trauma. Do you have any immediate post-op donor area photos?

Hair loss treatments and solutions for men

hair loss clinic in Europe

hair clinic in Brussels Belgium for repair

hair transplant doctor in Europe

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians