Need Help Choosing FUE Surgeon

Hi Bill, Since you are really experienced when it comes to this site and the doctors, I really wanted your help on finding a doctor, I'm currently researching, trying to find a fue doctor, I was going to go with Dr. Michael Vories , was even about to schedule the surgery but after reading a forum here i'm not so sure.. Any help would be appreciated!...

Researchinhair,

Welcome! As you may know, our community pre-screens and recommends hair transplant surgeons around the world. You can find recommended surgeons in your area with our interactive map. You can also view our recommendation criteria here.

Dr. Mike Vories is an excellent choice in the US. He performs manual FUE and does 100% of the extractions and placing of the grafts. I've been impressed with the results he's been sharing. I suggest adding him to your consultation list.

Best of luck in your research!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi Bill, Since you are really experienced when it comes to this site and the doctors, I really wanted your help on finding a doctor, I'm currently researching, trying to find a fue doctor, I was going to go with Dr. Michael Vories , was even about to schedule the surgery but after reading a forum here i'm not so sure.. Any help would be appreciated!...

Researchinhair,

Welcome! As you may know, our community pre-screens and recommends hair transplant surgeons around the world. You can find recommended surgeons in your area with our interactive map. You can also view our recommendation criteria here.

Dr. Mike Vories is an excellent choice in the US. He performs manual FUE and does 100% of the extractions and placing of the grafts. I've been impressed with the results he's been sharing. I suggest adding him to your consultation list.

Best of luck in your research!

Researchinhair, if you are planning to do FUE in North America, Dr Vories is a unique choice. You wont find many, if any, docs that will do manual FUE and 100% of the extractions themselves. A lot may rely on techs to do surgical task including scorin tissue. I think Dr. Vories surgical FUE protocol, for now, is ideal and favorable at the price he offers it today. What forum thread made you have second thoughts about him, can you share as I would like to know as well?

David, are there any other docs in North America that do manual fue and 100% fue extractions themselves? Is there a list? I know Dr. bhatti has a similar surgical FUE protocol.

I recall there was one negative posting from an Afro-American pt. but the same pt. commented positively on another AA case of Dr. Vories posted later on. No baseball star hits a home run every at bat and a good cosmetic surgeons rate of success while never perfect is considerably better. The recent case postings from Dr. Vories are quite impressive. His current fees and operative technique I believe warrant placing him on the A list when considering FUE in NA.

I recall there was one negative posting from an Afro-American pt. but the same pt. commented positively on another AA case of Dr. Vories posted later on. No baseball star hits a home run every at bat and a good cosmetic surgeons rate of success while never perfect is considerably better. The recent case postings from Dr. Vories are quite impressive. His current fees and operative technique I believe warrant placing him on the A list when considering FUE in NA.

I think we can all agree the AA cases can be tricky. I do recall the patient was voicing dissatisfaction about the overall graft survival, which many doctors struggle with in AA cases, although the patient didn't contact the doctor prior to posting, but after some dialogue, seemed to change his perception a bit. The reason I recall this is it also deterred me, until I read the entire forum post, and as mentioned above, noted the member in a different forum address the challenges of AA cases being a general frustration.

From my standpoint, I would have tried to dig up every piece of baggage, and really couldn't find any on dr Vories. Sorry to sound like a fanboy, but I had a great experience with him.

As I continually mention, he has been performing FUE like the top docs in Europe (Lorenzo), for some time now, and beginning to show impressive results.

Dr Vories does all the extractions himself using the C. Vertex punch. This is a manual punch that is used by many top FUE surgeons. I believe this is the same punch that Dr. Lorenzo currently uses.

Dr Vories spent some time with Dr Lorenzo and his FUE protocol is very comparable.

KO,

Dr Vories no longer uses the Neograft to score punches. He stopped using the Neograft in late 2014 (Oct 2014). He stated in a previous post that it was time to move on to manual extraction as he has become as efficient as he was when extracting using Neograft.

As mentioned Dr Vories FUE protocol as well as pricing closely resembles that of the top Euro/Asia FUE surgeons. This is quite refreshing as there are very few options in North America that implement these protocols & reasonable pricing.

The work of late has been exceptionally good and are likely the result of the change in protocol.

There are NO other FUE surgeons in North America that have the same FUE protocol that I am aware of?

Dr. Vories gave up using NeoGraft a while ago. He makes several references to extracting grafts "manually" However, he did clarify that he uses a powered assisted punch.

Grafts extracted using motorized punch and jeweler's forceps, and placed using Hans Lion Implanter Pens.

It's important to note that "manually" can technically refer to both powered and non-powered punches. In other words, extractions that are not performed by or aided by a machine like ARTAS or NeoGraft. Not everyone is using the same terminology in reference to FUE extractions.

For implantation he uses the Hans Lion implanter Pen. He extracts and places all grafts personally, so limits session sizes to 2,000 grafts per day.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David for your reply, I already had a consultation with him via video and he seemed really nice but I wanted some more verification that he is the surgeon I should go with... so I searched online and found this website with a post about him being recommended for this site and some of the comments about the results, not looking full left me worried... I'm new to this and I dont want to make a mistake with choosing a doctor ... I've been trying to look for reviews on him from his past patient and couldn't find much so I asked him about that via email and I ask if I could speak to maybe a female patient of his about her experience and he didn't e-mail me back, I hope I didn't offend him by asking that, I just wanted some feed back from a past patient so I can feel more comfortable taking the chance to finally doing this procedure that I feel so strongly about .... Being a women I think its an even more sensitive issue and I just want to be happy with my results...