Thinking of doing an fue

So guys,

im 25 and thinking of doing a fue.

Contacted dogany whom said i need about 2500 grafts, which i think its pretty much, didnt think i would need that much just do fix the hairline a little bit.

What do you guys think? Dont want to use to much of my donor.

been using finasteride for a about 10 month and feel my hairloss is pretty stable.

11128175_10152870238749426_777655402_n.jpg.243c4d3ac5f5b71d7e057ddda71bd599.jpg

11130675_10152870238789426_1260951019_n.jpg.0aa5d1a6791fa448b179596b59afa01b.jpg

11149118_10152872113299426_60555641_n.jpg.52c0e45ca99b5b40dd4a70aa58e50e95.jpg

mosd,

From the photos you have, it appears that the frontal core area still has good density. If that is true, then I feel you might be able to get away with doing 2000 grafts for your first FUE session. Of course, if you have a little thinning in that core area then you may benefit from more grafts there as well. I am not sure you will want to do much less than this though. You look to have strong coarse hair. You might even benefit from a second FUE procedure a year from now in the same area if you want added density.

The number of grafts needed also depend on the height of the hairline that you want. If you want to be conservative (higher) and keep an natural hairline, then you will use less grafts. I think at your age it is a very good idea to be conservative to use as little of your grafts as you can. Even with the use of preventative meds, you cannot be sure of how much hair loss you will have in the future. It is always a good idea to save donor for later.

2000 grafts will look good. I would recommend you to consult few other recommended doctor and then finalise your decision.

to lower hairlline or to just fill in the temples?

Mods,

I think you would probably be a good candidate for an FUE procedure. I say this because of your age and stability on oral medications. I don't think you would need to really "lower" the hairline. This always sounds like a good idea, but it takes a significant amount of grafts. FUE tends to have a lower growth rate and a higher failed extraction rate, so most would probably recommend filling in the frontotemporal angles and strengthening the hairline.

Sorry to use your thread as a soapbox here, but I think your case is a good example of something I talk about on the forums from time to time:

The whole "strip vs FUE" debate is often discussed in too broad of terms. Patients simply ask "should I do strip or FUE." And most respond with "FUE." However, I think the more appropriate question is "Am I better candidate for strip or for an FUE-based procedure?" You're a young guy who may want to trim your side closer or buzz your head completely in the future. You are very compliant with stabilizing meds and have a solid amount of donor follicles to use. You are likely a good FUE candidate! If you were older, didn't have any desire to buzz, had a more questionable donor region, et cetera, it may be a different story. This is why I like looking at the debate in this sense.

/rant ; )

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake, thanks for your time and answer :)

Yes i have been thinking about fut or fue. I know i have much donor and havent wasted anything but something i think like just go with fut, if you want to shave just use beard or body hair to cover it up :)

And i also feel like lowering is just a waste of grafts, make a natural high yet defined hairline and be happy with that :)

My hair at the top is maybe 2-4 times thinner than my hair in the donor area, if i fix my hairline i dont want it to be too thick, as much hair as i have in the front is good enough. Can i somehow now how much cm2 hair i have in the front? I have pretty good coverage for little hair

if this is 2500grafts, what the hell im supposed to do with that much?

i dont think this vid accurately depicts 2500 graphs it looks more like 3000-3500 imo.

i was like you and just wanted the corners at the temples filled in. but the corners are just going to get thinner as time goes on. besides just filling in the empty corners, they should also fill in the whole frontal hair line and some in the middle and some in the corner where you still have hair but it's thinning. so in the future if you lose more hair your hair line won't look weird like you only have hair in the corner and thin in the middle.

the transplanted hair will grow forever, why do you feel you should save donor hair, it's not going to waste. if you need to use it, it's gonna get removed either now or eventually.

talk with a few docs and see how their clinic works and what they will provide for you. only trust a doc with a lot of good results photos that have been accomplished by the same ppl still working there now.

i wanted to try alviarmani.com but im in toronto.

if you send pics to alviarmani the actual doctor will see your pics and answer your questions. other sites, you're just sending the pics to the secretary.