Lingering redness - 4 weeks post op

Redness can last for months in some cases. It really has to do with your individual skin type and healing characteristics. It will fade eventually. Just be sure to keep it out of direct sunlight.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

Don't use witch hazel. For some reason my clinic did not endorse it. Better to be safe than sorry. I think aloe Vera may feel nice but I'm not sure it actually strips the redness away.

My redness faded after 3 months and then it faded quickly.

I'm not convinced that there's anything that is scientifically proven to reduce the redness. It really just matters on your skin type and how your scalp/skin responds to the procedure. The primary things you need to focus on is keeping it out of direct sunlight by wearing a hat when possible, applying sunscreen for times when a hat is not possible (the spray really worked well for me) and keeping it clean to prevent dryness/infection. Aside from that, I think you may just have to let it run its course.

I know some guys on the board have seemed to have had success with aloe vera, so that may be a good option to keep continuing. As always though, I would run anything you wish to apply to your scalp past your surgeon first to get their official opinion on the matter and to make sure you're following their post-operative guidelines.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Don't worry dude. Just normal healing of your skin. My recipient is still red 3 months in currently ;). Doubt you can even reduce the redness with anything.. The only thing you can do is wait.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

The redness also has to do with the level of collagen in the scalp tissue and for some individuals, it takes some time for it to dissipate.

Just don't use any topical steroidal creams like Mederma so soon after your procedure...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY