can i go to body bulding after 8 month of FUE & fut?

hi

now it is 8 month after my hair transplant operation. my scar is healed well and i feel no thightness in back of my haed. recently i have decided to begin to gym. i am not professional athelete at all, i just want to have fitness and lose some weight.(my height is 180cm and my weight is 90kg). also i want to have strong stomach and arms. i am not sure which kind of exercises my coach will give to me. i am frightened that going to gym at this stage could have bad effect on my HT result? please guide me is it ok to go gym after 8 month of HT. i am not going to lift heavy weights or other pro exercises at all. i want ot rech to a fit body.

If you are a normal healer and have no problems with your scar, than yes you should be just fine to lift weights or engage in any other form of exercise. Sounds like you had FUHT?

You must be experiencing lots of regrowth by now?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I had an FUT in 2010, I started gym again 2 weeks after my hair transplant. I have had problems with my scar being a little wider than average but I don't think that has anything to do with starting gym early. The fact is after 5 days the hair follicles in the recipient area have fully taken hold. Unlike other cosmetic surgery HT doesn't effect blood vessels, and local anesthetic means no general anesthesia after effects. So why doctors say you can't go back for 8 weeks after HT is beyond me, as far as I'm concerned you should have started gym 8 months ago.

Guys,

Don't be fooled into thinking that if your strip scar looks healed after roughly 4-6 weeks post-op, the reality is, it's not. And it's clearly not safe for most individuals to do weight lifting before 8 weeks have passed.

Let me explain. We can forget that all scalp tissue is made up of two significant layers. The outer layer (epidermis) and the inner layer (dermis). The epidermis is what we see from the outside and it can appear fully healed once the sutures and scabbing are gone.

But the closure is still not fully healed because it's also the inner dermis layer that can stretch for up to 8-12 weeks post-op. The healing of this layer goes more slowly so stretching the area can still cause a wider than desired scar.

Any activity that puts tension or causes pulling in that donor zone can still cause a wide scar. So it's wiser to side on the safer approach rather than regretting it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY