2075 FUE graft with Dr. Konior

matt,

Looks normal at 3 months. You should start to see some significant changes moving forward. Happy Growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

Windjammer......actually, the shock loss has improved a lot the last few weeks. I mean you probably wouldn't even notice it if you saw me. Dr. K (and most other people who experienced this) said it normally takes 4-5 months to fully heal.

How did you decide who to pick as your "Hair doctor"?

I live all the way in Belgium and searched the web to decide what I should do (what procedure) and then where (nobody messes with my hair ;-)

Anyway as most of us I opted for the FUE technology and decided to go for the Prohairclinic in Berlaar, Belgium. It was conveniently close to where I live, the price was acceptable and foremost I got a good feeling (I hope it stays this way after the procedure ;-). At least, the guy was honest enough to recommend less Grafts, by stating that yeah more is better, but if he were in my shoes he would save the money and also keep the donor area more in tact to perhaps harvest in the future if deemed necessary (ok, you could also say that is just smart, keep them coming for more ;-). But i believed him nonetheless.

It will be a 1 day operation (~2300 grafts) on the 6th of August, I'll let you guys know how it went ;-) I am excited, allthough I know it will take a whole year to really enjoy the result.

Good luck with your recovery!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

Your progress looks good and we all have our fingers crossed for you.

I'm confused as to why there is still redness in your recipient sites. Rogaine still twice daily?

May you please post some pics of your donor sites (e.g. any remaining shock loss).

Thanks in advance

That isn't redness.....remember, those pics were taken extremely close up and are high-def. The color is going to be distorted. I took some better pics in normal light so you can see....I definitely still am a little pink....but not red, at all (when I get a pimple up there...you can see a distinct difference in color). I am also quite fair skinned and pale right now. I've heard of many members being pink for 4-6 months after. The color is definitely getting better little by little. Naturally, it's going to be a bit pinker after I get out of a hot shower, etc. At normal light...I doubt you would notice it much.

As you can see, the shock loss is pretty much non-existent at this point. I would say 90% gone.

I think I'm making good progress for 3 months and 3 weeks on the top and right at 3 months on the temple points. I'm hoping for an explosion of growth over the next month or so. Won't do a 4-month update but will come back around 5...

5b32e751abf4e_IMG_24391.jpg.d855463de12c6aa49c7b6aabcd29dc22.jpg

5b32e751c19c7_IMG_24411.jpg.74c2197c7ac36e65f2978be9640e97c1.jpg

5b32e751d7651_IMG_24421.jpg.942c0c727176cf5be6d5d8d8dfd66916.jpg

5b32e751e5120_IMG_24451.jpg.81ea3c93a29c7e487cffe969c5c30852.jpg

5b32e752066c1_IMG_24461.jpg.f1de9d44f09fffe6898d03cc664b187c.jpg

Some dry pics of the top.....not too bad for 3 months and 3 weeks I'm thinking! I didn't really start Rogaine, either, until probably a good month after my surgery (surgery was March 31 on the top but I figured since I had my temple point surgery coming up April 17 that there was no use in starting and stopping for a week...plus I was quite red for a bit after so I didn't want to go to Rogaine 2 times a day until I healed a little more). If this is only 20-25%.....I think I'll be looking good by the end of September or October. Temple points will make such a huge difference once they are in grown in.....hoping for some good growth on those in the next month. There are definitely hairs growing in there (temple points) but not enough that it's really showing in pics, yet (as you can see). I don't know why the pics are coming in sideways on here....that is just how they are uploading.

Also, this is with my hair cut down to 8mm or 9mm....which is a #2 or #3 guard. I'll never wear my hair this short once it grows out on top (normally I wear it 1-2 inches long). However, it gives me a better idea now of where new hairs are growing.

IMG_2453.jpg.784e381aa4a8ef3a8b1003104b5a407a.jpg

5b32e7523a3cc_IMG_24491.jpg.36bb671ef454d3d7b0766f22958b0aa1.jpg

5b32e75251b09_IMG_24501.jpg.bfec8272dfccf8951cf403ddf26cbd5f.jpg

Edited by David - Moderator

Congrats. Unusually successful growth at only 3 months and 3 weeks. I'm right there with you give or take a week. Redness can last and last, but all that new hair and you won't even notice it in another month.

Looking great!

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,

That looks right on track. I cant see you having any problems from here on in.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Agree with the other comments. This is looking really good at this early stage.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

I am anxiously awaiting your next update and to seeing this FUE from Dr. Konior develop further since I typically see FUT results posted from him more often. Please keep us updated !