Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Erdogan

So, I know this is extremely debated in the forum, but I'm a noob and wanted to get some insight. I have a bit amount of cash to spend on a HT and was wondering between these three doctors.

I know that if I go with Bisanga or Lorenzo I might get lower grafts because of what I can actually afford, but will the result of lower grafts look better than with Dr Erdogan? If it looks the same, plus is more affordable, plus I can get more grafts... should Dr. Erdogan be the logical choice?

Any advice will be extremely helpful. Also, for context.. I'm a NW VI ! Not looking for a bon jovi look, just maybe a younger bruce willis type look ;)

that's not a fair question! We can play "if games" all day, but realistically money is an object of consideration.

I think i haven't seen anything good FUE from Bisanga at my norwood vi...

Lorenzo seems like an interesting choice, but would be paying a fortune at 6 euros a graft....

Lorenzo's price is:

The first 1000uf is 6€ per unit

The second 1000uf is 4€ per unit

And the rest is 2.5€ per unit

last I heard. As a nw 6 you will typically need around 6000 grafts for decent coverage from what I have seen before.

that's not a fair question! We can play "if games" all day, but realistically money is an object of consideration.

I think i haven't seen anything good FUE from Bisanga at my norwood vi...

Lorenzo seems like an interesting choice, but would be paying a fortune at 6 euros a graft....

So I guess you answered who you should go with? If you dont have the money, save up. Stop eating out, stop wasting money, do what you need to do.

Any pictures? Have you contacted these doctors and what did they say?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Obviously I can't see the donor area in that photo but it looks like you have suspiciously fine looking hair and may not be a candidate at all.

Fine hair is very difficult to gain any semblance of density even with high numbers of grafts.

Fin won't thicken up your donor area much. If it does it is bad news as it will mean your donor is susceptible to hair loss!

From what I can see it looks like you might be able to get 4,000-5,000 grafts over 2 procedures. Maybe enough to create a hairline and fade it out to the edge of the crown.

As long as you don't expect miracles (which I don't believe you are based on the Bruce Willis comment!) there probably is an acceptable result for you.

I'd strongly recommend seeing a doctor in person before committing. I know Dr B visits London a couple of times a year or you could hop on the Eurostar. Failing that, his UK rep Stephen ('sl') is always available.

Another choice you may want to look at is Dr Maras (HDC).

Bisanga and Lorenzo are about the same price, Erdogan is cheaper. Lorenzo has operated on a guy who was a NW6 who didnt respond to fin, but his donor thickened up on dutasteride, and he ended up extracting a ton of grafts. In that sense Lorenzo is more aggressive with extracting the donor and operates on guys with poor donor areas, whereas Bisanga limits it to 30% extraction, so for a NW6, I suspect he'd want a well above average donor.

There is a poster named stinger99 who is a high NW getting FUE from Bisanga, but he also had a great donor.

So do you have better photos of your donor? Fuzzy photos won't cut it, you should show clear photos in bright light of sides and back.

Hi, you've narrowed your choice to some excellent surgeons.

Is there one particular Dr whose work you prefer? Have you seen lots of examples of their work on high Norwood patients?

With you being a high Norwood, the Dr that jumps out at me is Dr Lorenzo as he has many examples of his work in high norwoods. You certainly can't go wrong with Bisanga either. Erdogan is also good.

I would suggest you will need two procedures 1 year apart in order to achieve optimal results.

As has already been said, do an online consult with them and take it from there.

Good luck

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

From personal experience, it is impossible to analyze someone's donor density from a picture. Your hair is very short, so for all we know, you may have above average donor density. In my case, pictures told a very different story, and as it turned out, I have above average donor density.

I highly recommend that you visit these surgeons in person in order to evaluate your donor density and to see what can be accomplished in your case. Out of curiosity, did Dr. Bisanga recommend strip?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Very good words given and in total agreement.

For a NW6 restoration then a good donor is needed for the sheer amount of grafts that would need to be harvested and especially so if going FUE only route.

If you are interested in DR.B then you can email the clinic medical@bhrclinic.com and a rep will get back to you for photos but essentially Dr.B would need to see you in person to assess the donor also.

Wherever you go make sure to see patients in person who have had extensive FUE also so you can see live results if possible and all the best in your research.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I am two weeks shy of my 4 month post op and seeing some good growth. Much more in last two weeks from my 3 month pics so very exciting. I'll be posting updated pics in two weeks at my four month mark. So far, very pleased. Let me know if u have any questions but u can read my thread which is pretty detailed. Dr b work is so clean and he is very ethical conservative doctor. Dr lorenzo also very good.

• 3 weeks later...
Stay on fin and minor for a year to 18 months

Then re-assess

It looks like you will get a very good response

can it take 18 month for fin to stark give results?